HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Suter Signs with Minnesota (13 years, $98 mil)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 07:54 AM
  #251
mnhowitzer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
I can relate to your frustration, folks. When Gaborik bounced out of MN I felt the same way. "He said this, he said that. Risebrough this, etc."

I have always respected your franchise. Not a traditional hockey 'hotbed' by any means, but when I get to catch the Preds on the tube and especially during the playoffs the fans bring the noise.

Just from a MN fan perspective...what these two do to the Wild is beyond just the ice sheet. Neal Broten would probably still sell the most jerseys in this state, but ZP could finally be the kid who pushes that. On the ice, I don't think you can overlook their impact. The Wild has NEVER had a 25+ minute defender such as Suter. Chuck Fletcher has come in since Risebrough left (who was garbage) and stayed the course. With the additions of Mitchell and Konopka they are adding depth and experience to the 4th line so guys like Wellman, Christensen, Rau, Taffe, etc who've been here in the past don't need to be here. With Parise and now Granlund coming in, guys like Clutterbuck and Brodziak can go back to their tradional roles as 3rd liners instead of being asked to contribute as scorers night in, night out.

I just wanted to get some Nashville perspective, because we have been their with Gaborik. Yes, we still hate Gaborik but at the time couldn't really fault the Rangers for what they did. If you think Suter and Parise are going to a "loser" franchise, I believe you will be mistaken. The future looks extremely bright and now it's time to put it to work.

I don't mean to rub it in on you guys, that's not my style. Just wanted to give a little perspective from a Wild fan. I can understand the hate. Just remember it's not our (the fans) fault in any of this!

Best wishes next season and best wishes with Weber as well.

mnhowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:11 AM
  #252
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
I can relate to your frustration, folks. When Gaborik bounced out of MN I felt the same way. "He said this, he said that. Risebrough this, etc."

I have always respected your franchise. Not a traditional hockey 'hotbed' by any means, but when I get to catch the Preds on the tube and especially during the playoffs the fans bring the noise.

Just from a MN fan perspective...what these two do to the Wild is beyond just the ice sheet. Neal Broten would probably still sell the most jerseys in this state, but ZP could finally be the kid who pushes that. On the ice, I don't think you can overlook their impact. The Wild has NEVER had a 25+ minute defender such as Suter. Chuck Fletcher has come in since Risebrough left (who was garbage) and stayed the course. With the additions of Mitchell and Konopka they are adding depth and experience to the 4th line so guys like Wellman, Christensen, Rau, Taffe, etc who've been here in the past don't need to be here. With Parise and now Granlund coming in, guys like Clutterbuck and Brodziak can go back to their tradional roles as 3rd liners instead of being asked to contribute as scorers night in, night out.

I just wanted to get some Nashville perspective, because we have been their with Gaborik. Yes, we still hate Gaborik but at the time couldn't really fault the Rangers for what they did. If you think Suter and Parise are going to a "loser" franchise, I believe you will be mistaken. The future looks extremely bright and now it's time to put it to work.

I don't mean to rub it in on you guys, that's not my style. Just wanted to give a little perspective from a Wild fan. I can understand the hate. Just remember it's not our (the fans) fault in any of this!

Best wishes next season and best wishes with Weber as well.
I'm originally from Minnesota, so I've always been a bit of a casual Wild fan. My uncles and cousins that still live there are increidbly excited obviously. Suter, obviously, I'm not too happy with, but he's not the real reason I won't be cheering for them anymore. It's Craig Leipold. I refuse to root for the success of the man who forced us to trade away our top talent, nearly got the team moved to Canada, and then steals our star player. It's just not happening.

95% of the Wild organization is great. But Suter, I'm furious with. Liarpold....well, he can miss the playoffs every year and it'd make me happy..


Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 07-06-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:45 AM
  #253
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm originally from Minnesota, so I've always been a bit of a casual Wild fan. My uncles and cousins that still live there are increidbly excited obviously. Suter, obviously, I'm not too happy with, but he's not the real reason I won't be cheering for them anymore. It's Craig Leipold. I refuse to root for the success of the man who forced us to trade away our top talent, nearly got the team moved to Canada, and then steals our star player. It's just not happening.

95% of the Wild organization is great. But Suter, I'm furious with. Liarpold....well, he can gmiss the playoffs every year and it'd make me happy..
+1

I think alot of the problem here with the Wild is Liarpold.

The way he ran our franchise (not very well from day 1), and the tried to run us into the ground on his way out of town, you're not going to find very many people on here who will pull for any success for the franchise that man owns - whether it was the Wild or anything else.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 AM
  #254
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
I can relate to your frustration, folks. When Gaborik bounced out of MN I felt the same way. "He said this, he said that. Risebrough this, etc."

I have always respected your franchise. Not a traditional hockey 'hotbed' by any means, but when I get to catch the Preds on the tube and especially during the playoffs the fans bring the noise.

Just from a MN fan perspective...what these two do to the Wild is beyond just the ice sheet. Neal Broten would probably still sell the most jerseys in this state, but ZP could finally be the kid who pushes that. On the ice, I don't think you can overlook their impact. The Wild has NEVER had a 25+ minute defender such as Suter. Chuck Fletcher has come in since Risebrough left (who was garbage) and stayed the course. With the additions of Mitchell and Konopka they are adding depth and experience to the 4th line so guys like Wellman, Christensen, Rau, Taffe, etc who've been here in the past don't need to be here. With Parise and now Granlund coming in, guys like Clutterbuck and Brodziak can go back to their tradional roles as 3rd liners instead of being asked to contribute as scorers night in, night out.

I just wanted to get some Nashville perspective, because we have been their with Gaborik. Yes, we still hate Gaborik but at the time couldn't really fault the Rangers for what they did. If you think Suter and Parise are going to a "loser" franchise, I believe you will be mistaken. The future looks extremely bright and now it's time to put it to work.

I don't mean to rub it in on you guys, that's not my style. Just wanted to give a little perspective from a Wild fan. I can understand the hate. Just remember it's not our (the fans) fault in any of this!

Best wishes next season and best wishes with Weber as well.
oh, how nice..... best wishes from a wild fan who doesn't want to rub it in, but just wants to express his opinion, here....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:56 AM
  #255
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhowitzer View Post
I can relate to your frustration, folks. When Gaborik bounced out of MN I felt the same way. "He said this, he said that. Risebrough this, etc."

I have always respected your franchise. Not a traditional hockey 'hotbed' by any means, but when I get to catch the Preds on the tube and especially during the playoffs the fans bring the noise.

Just from a MN fan perspective...what these two do to the Wild is beyond just the ice sheet. Neal Broten would probably still sell the most jerseys in this state, but ZP could finally be the kid who pushes that. On the ice, I don't think you can overlook their impact. The Wild has NEVER had a 25+ minute defender such as Suter. Chuck Fletcher has come in since Risebrough left (who was garbage) and stayed the course. With the additions of Mitchell and Konopka they are adding depth and experience to the 4th line so guys like Wellman, Christensen, Rau, Taffe, etc who've been here in the past don't need to be here. With Parise and now Granlund coming in, guys like Clutterbuck and Brodziak can go back to their tradional roles as 3rd liners instead of being asked to contribute as scorers night in, night out.

I just wanted to get some Nashville perspective, because we have been their with Gaborik. Yes, we still hate Gaborik but at the time couldn't really fault the Rangers for what they did. If you think Suter and Parise are going to a "loser" franchise, I believe you will be mistaken. The future looks extremely bright and now it's time to put it to work.

I don't mean to rub it in on you guys, that's not my style. Just wanted to give a little perspective from a Wild fan. I can understand the hate. Just remember it's not our (the fans) fault in any of this!

Best wishes next season and best wishes with Weber as well.
Gaborik didn't ask your management to jump through hoops all season for him only to have no intention of actually signing either. Oh and your owner is a dirtbag, ask his home town people or anyone that's ever been in business with him you'll get the same answer, he still to date has not had a successful business. One of the first things he did with the Wild was break your long standing sellout streak.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM
  #256
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19
 
gopreds19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Remember last year when Poile did all those bs moves like trading Franson & Lombardi for nothing and everyone was saying how they'd wait to see how Poile "used the cap space". Turns out that cap space was not used at all to upgrade the roster.

Still no top-6 help and we're down a top-pairing blue liner. But I guess they'll all say that the jury is still out on that Franson trade. Or they'll somehow say the Rinne extension and the Franson trade were related. Lol.


Last edited by gopreds19: 07-06-2012 at 03:03 PM.
gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:27 AM
  #257
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,180
vCash: 500
Can someone translate this for me?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
  #258
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Can't translate for you on that one.

On a different note, I think it's funny that Suter and his agents were in a meeting with Liarpold and he says, hey, you want me, you have to sign Parise too. You can have us for the same contract. What pisses me off more and more is that this was the plan all along to Suter and Parise. You guys want to play together, great, go play together. I have no issue with that. The way this was all handled is what I have a problem with and to me there is no integrity here. Here's the thing, if Suter told Poile he'd give us the opportunity to match any offer, did he go to Poile and say, Zach and I want to play for the same team, can you make an offer to both of us that is the same is what other clubs will offer? Everything I've read on this so far says no. Sounds like Suter and Parise had their plan in effect and like I said, that's fine if they both wanted to play in Minny. Don't string people along though, that ain't cool.

Now the question becomes, do I keep Parise on my fantasy hockey team since I have lost all respect for him. Heck, I had Bertuzzi at one point. Any help on this would be appreciated.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
  #259
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,180
vCash: 500
I agree glen.

You know, I hated losing Hamhuis but he handled the entire thing with class and I have much respect for him and I'm still a Hamhuis fan. Suter didn't, and handled it about as low class as you can, I have zero respect for him.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
  #260
glenngineer
Registered User
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree glen.

You know, I hated losing Hamhuis but he handled the entire thing with class and I have much respect for him and I'm still a Hamhuis fan. Suter didn't, and handled it about as low class as you can, I have zero respect for him.
And I have no problem if that's where he wanted to go all along. He earned that right and I stand by that. The fact that he had Poile jumping through hoops when he agreed to terms in November only to pull this makes me lose respect for the guy. Oh well. Good bye and good riddance.

The best part is, we still have a really good team with a great goalie.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
  #261
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I agree glen.

You know, I hated losing Hamhuis but he handled the entire thing with class and I have much respect for him and I'm still a Hamhuis fan. Suter didn't, and handled it about as low class as you can, I have zero respect for him.


go to about the 45 seconds mark



I respect that we knew he was leaving, but he bashed us once or twice.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
  #262
tonyin318
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: powder springs ga
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post


go to about the 45 seconds mark

I respect that we knew he was leaving, but he bashed us once or twice.
What was his reply? (I couldn't understand what he said)

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
  #263
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
What was his reply? (I couldn't understand what he said)
Something along the lines of "This looks like the attendence on our opening night!". hard to get the exact words, but the idea is "Nashville fans suck"

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:07 PM
  #264
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post


go to about the 45 seconds mark



I respect that we knew he was leaving, but he bashed us once or twice.
Yeah, this was all I was thinking about when 'hamhuis' and 'class' were in the same sentence.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:17 PM
  #265
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Remember last year when Poile did all those bs moves like trading Franson & Lombardi for nothing and everyone was saying how they'd wait to see how Poile "used the cap space". Turns out that cap space was not used at all to upgrade the roster.

Still no top-6 help and we're down a top-pairing blue liner. But I guess they'll all say that the jury is still out on that Franson trade. Or they'll somehow sat the Rinne extension and the Franson trade were related. Lol.
Because Poile didn't just make a 13 year, 90 million dollar offer to a player or anything. Oh, that's before Weber was willing to sit and negotiate what most likely is a more sizeable contract. Rinne + the offer to Suter = 13.9 in cap hit + whatever the offer to Weber is + Gaustad + Gill = your sniveling about Poile not wanting to spend money is completely inaccurate.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:20 PM
  #266
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Remember last year when Poile did all those bs moves like trading Franson & Lombardi for nothing and everyone was saying how they'd wait to see how Poile "used the cap space". Turns out that cap space was not used at all to upgrade the roster.

Still no top-6 help and we're down a top-pairing blue liner. But I guess they'll all say that the jury is still out on that Franson trade. Or they'll somehow sat the Rinne extension and the Franson trade were related. Lol.
Poile had to prepare as if Suter was re-signing. We also put in a offer to Parise. We tried to spend the money, but it didn't work. Better to clear the cash beforehand then lose out on them because he cant afford them.

The off-season is far from over. We'll keep spending.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
  #267
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Suter is just a big liar that didn't have the guts to tell Poile to his face he wanted to play near his family. That whole "competitive team" crap was just BS.

And if Weber leaves just because of Suter then what kind of leader/captain is he?

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
  #268
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Suter is just a big liar that didn't have the guts to tell Poile to his face he wanted to play near his family. That whole "competitive team" crap was just BS.

And if Weber leaves just because of Suter then what kind of leader/captain is he?
Well, Parise was the captain of the Devils and left... Just hope Weber doesn't leave in the same way.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
  #269
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
$uter will be on NHL live momentarily about why he chose minnesota and crap.. if anyone wants to listen to a no good for nothing *****

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
  #270
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,823
vCash: 500
I think I can speak for the majority of Preds fans when I say I couldn't care less what he has to say about his decision. The only thing I care about now is beating the Wild six times next season. Hopefully one of those is a come-from-behind win late in the third after a three goal surge (Suter on the ice for all three), and the Wild end up missing the playoffs by two points.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:48 PM
  #271
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
you could tell he was watching what he said... and yeah him and parise talked alot DURING the season about playing together.. yet he told poile he would sign... think that tells us all we need to know about suter.

and for all the folks that bashed me about guaranteeing suter wouldnt sign... told you so.

hopefully suter and his wife divorce and the wild go bankrupt after missing the playoffs for the next 13 years.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:55 PM
  #272
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
you could tell he was watching what he said... and yeah him and parise talked alot DURING the season about playing together.. yet he told poile he would sign... think that tells us all we need to know about suter.

and for all the folks that bashed me about guaranteeing suter wouldnt sign... told you so.

hopefully suter and his wife divorce and the wild go bankrupt after missing the playoffs for the next 13 years.
Well, you did have a 50/50 shot man...somebody had to be right.

Alright, I think I'm officially over Ryan Suter, positives and negatives. Ready to focus on what our youngsters can do this year, go Preds!

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:58 PM
  #273
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Well, you did have a 50/50 shot man...somebody had to be right.

Alright, I think I'm officially over Ryan Suter, positives and negatives. Ready to focus on what our youngsters can do this year, go Preds!
just wait till weber wants to leave.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:03 PM
  #274
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
you could tell he was watching what he said... and yeah him and parise talked alot DURING the season about playing together.. yet he told poile he would sign... think that tells us all we need to know about suter.

and for all the folks that bashed me about guaranteeing suter wouldnt sign... told you so.

hopefully suter and his wife divorce and the wild go bankrupt after missing the playoffs for the next 13 years.
Your guarantee might hold water with me if Suter wasn't allegedly considering the Preds until Wednesday morning. According to you, the decision was made months ago. Earlier in the week, you said "suter to detroit. book it. don't ask me how, why, what." You were so sure of your information that you claimed this week he'd go to a team that he didn't go to.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:07 PM
  #275
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
just wait till weber wants to leave.
Well, if he does, he's a bigger coward than Suter is. He has the chance to put this organization on his shoulders and be a true captain, or he can go to a Philly or Vancouver and be just another good player. If the latter, to hell with him, I root for the guys in gold.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.