Old
07-06-2012, 01:30 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
Funny to hear some folks expect all this production out of PMB then say the next minute he has no value in a trade. To say the only reason he gets hurt is if he gets a cheap shot from behind, then why is he hurt all the time when other players aren't? It can't be both ways. He either has value, and expected production, or no value and expect very little.
I don't get that part.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Dr Jan Itor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Funny to hear some folks expect all this production out of PMB then say the next minute he has no value in a trade. To say the only reason he gets hurt is if he gets a cheap shot from behind, then why is he hurt all the time when other players aren't? It can't be both ways. He either has value, and expected production, or no value and expect very little.
Yes it can.

Dr Jan Itor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:32 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
The production from PMB is if he stays healthy. He could easily put up 70 points if he's healthy all year. However, the issue is that we're the only team whose doctors can check him out. His value is the same as Sturm's was, and he was traded for future considerations at one point. The fact of the matter is, no one would take our word on Bouchard's health, and if we expect him to be healthy it wouldn't make sense to trade him. If Fletcher were to shop him around, teams would suspect that means negative things about his health, which would drive his value down.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:40 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I don't get that part.
Seems pretty straight forward to me, some players get hurt a lot like PMB, and others play entire seasons, or at very least most of the season without getting hurt. It's never been a secret PMB is made of glass.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The production from PMB is if he stays healthy. He could easily put up 70 points if he's healthy all year. However, the issue is that we're the only team whose doctors can check him out. His value is the same as Sturm's was, and he was traded for future considerations at one point. The fact of the matter is, no one would take our word on Bouchard's health, and if we expect him to be healthy it wouldn't make sense to trade him. If Fletcher were to shop him around, teams would suspect that means negative things about his health, which would drive his value down.
Ok I guess I can see this reasoning.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Seems pretty straight forward to me, some players get hurt a lot like PMB, and others play entire seasons, or at very least most of the season without getting hurt. It's never been a secret PMB is made of glass.
Not true.

I've seen him get drilled a couple of times in the last 2 seasons and it was fine. The only real issue is we never know when an illegal hit happens. Pierre-Marc is really lucky it only happened once.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Not true.

I've seen him get drilled a couple of times in the last 2 seasons and it was fine. The only real issue is we never know when an illegal hit happens. Pierre-Marc is really lucky it only happened once.
I don't agree with you on this, but thats ok. Players don't only get hurt on cheap hits, and Butch as I said before, and many more here will agree is made of glass. Sure he won't get hurt on every hit, but we all know he will get hurt, it's just when? The first game, the 20th, the 22nd? No chance in hell he can last a whole season.

Last edited by Blakkmantis: 07-06-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 01:57 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

We need luck, lets hope our D don't get injured..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:46 AM
grN1g

i just want him to come back and turn his career around. Even if we walks i'll be happy hes still playing in the nhl.

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:55 AM
centcougar07

Trading Butch doesn't make sense for a couple reasons. One, what we would get for him would be ridiculously inadequate to what his real value is. When he's healthy, and obviously that's a big when... And secondly, He's a fantastic 2nd line player, capable of putting up 70 points with the talent that will be on this team next year. If someone is the odd man out here, its Cullen. He could be of value to a team looking for a middle six centerman with leadership qualities. Although I would hate to see Cullen leave because he's one of my favorite guys, he would be the one out IMO. Brodzy is the PERFECT third line center IMO. Gritty, hard working with a bit of skill and scoring ability. A really good two way guy. Mitchell and Clutter or maybe Zucker are perfect on his wings. Can you imagine a Mitchell-Brodzy-Zucker line? That's an awful lot of speed combined with grit and skill. Cullen is too good to be a fourth liner. He could be on the second line but then where does Granlund go? Or Seto? I think it's clear that some changes have to be made, but we'll see.

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:03 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

It's sort of like we now have 102 pieces to a 100 piece puzzle.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:52 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
No way he gets traded. I would love to see him on a line with Koivu and Heatley. I think that is a line that could really work wonders. I mean, Koivu is a tough customer to play against and Heatley is a big sniper. Together, they give PMB the room he needs to create those plays that he is so famous and loved for. That line would benefit not only him but also it could make Heatley the 30-35 goal guy again and perhaps allow Koivu to have a 70+ point season again.

Besides, Parise - Granlund - Setoguchi 2nd line is equally intriguing.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:57 AM
goatvindaloo

The only way I see the Wild trading PMB is: during the off-season, one of the 13 teams still not at the cap floor are willing to take a take a gamble for the 4mil cap hit (don't know what kind of return we'd get on that) or he plays well the first half of the season (but the Wild don't) and he gets traded at the deadline...
But I don't see him getting traded. Yeah, he doesn't fit into our ideas of what the lines should look like too well, but I'd rather have the problem of too many top 6 forwards than what we had last year.

goatvindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:14 AM
heelside10

Bouchard has been healthy in the past. The concussions are something he has to live with now and may never recover from but you can't say he's never been able to play for an entire season.

Games played per season:

'05-'06 MIN 80
'06-'07 MIN 82
'07-'08 MIN 81
'08-'09 MIN 71

heelside10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
P10p

What about Bouchard+Falk/Prosser/Stoner+middling pick to Toronto for some defence? Not sure who they have thats close to value but they're loaded on Defence and need help at center.

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P10p View Post
What about Bouchard+Falk/Prosser/Stoner+middling pick to Toronto for some defence? Not sure who they have thats close to value but they're loaded on Defence and need help at center.
Take out Falk from that mix, and I'd be ok with that idea.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:11 AM
P10p

Hmm thinking that over again and not sure Burke would take that, they're smallish in their top six already and at centre they would maybe be looking for a bigger centre. But on the other hand a healthy Bouchard would slot in perfectly with Kessel and Lupul imo.

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:17 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
then...why wouldn't they trade one of their defensemen for a center? Clutterbuck + a crappy Defenseman would be more attractive if we were trying to get someone worthwhile out of TO. I'm not completely sold on their D, either, or the established ones they'd be willing to give up. A promising prospect wouldn't help us more than losing clutter or bouchard would hurt us. We need a roster 2nd pairing guy. There is a lot of pressure on Burke to succeed with new ownership--he's going to be harder to make a deal with.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Considering we have no idea what kind of chemistry or performance this team is going to have, all this speculation is way too premature. We don't know what "missing pieces" we need, if any. Wait until the season is underway, then figure it out.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:24 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
They would offer Komisarek and we would want Gardiner also.

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Considering we have no idea what kind of chemistry or performance this team is going to have, all this speculation is way too premature. We don't know what "missing pieces" we need, if any. Wait until the season is underway, then figure it out.
Yep - I'm amazed at how quickly people want to remove this team's new-found depth. Did we learn anything last year?

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
If he can actually stay healthy this season and put up around 50 pts, I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing him to a one or two year deal. Cullen is the odd man out not Bouchard.
I could see this happening when Cullen's contract expires. Bouchard's a great depth player. Same situation as Latendresse, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to keeping him.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:38 AM
vitogor

Trading him right now would be a bad idea. If he is healthy and ready to go like he says, we should wait until we are into the season a bit. The only thing we can get for him right now is some team's horrible contract, or someone who is way underachieving. I say no thanks.

I do think that we'll have to trade him eventually. Granlund makes PMB expandable. They are very similar players, and there's really no need to have two undersized playmakers in your top 6.

Of the two 'concussion boys', I would've much rather kept Latendresse over Bouchard. I know it wasn't the choice we had, but I'm just saying. The Tenderness would've looked so good on this lineup...

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitogor View Post
Trading him right now would be a bad idea. If he is healthy and ready to go like he says, we should wait until we are into the season a bit. The only thing we can get for him right now is some team's horrible contract, or someone who is way underachieving. I say no thanks.

I do think that we'll have to trade him eventually. Granlund makes PMB expandable. They are very similar players, and there's really no need to have two undersized playmakers in your top 6.

Of the two 'concussion boys', I would've much rather kept Latendresse over Bouchard. I know it wasn't the choice we had, but I'm just saying. The Tenderness would've looked so good on this lineup...
Agreed. Hoping Coyle can step in somewhat soon. Missing a good power forward

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

bouchard is sick. wild have to keep him. he is a key piece to this team, just maybe not worth his entire salary

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote