HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XX - Trade Another Day

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 07:15 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
And this is why there's 20 threads. Discussions will die down, and suddenly someone decides to be a smart ass and make an uninformed statement like this and boom another 3-4 pages.
I've lurked about these threads and it doesn't seem to be about Luongo anymore anyway. I've seen trade proposals, thread bombing pictures and basically there seems to be a larger concern about the threat titles than any Luongo info. Great success?

Old
07-06-2012, 07:40 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
most likely a troll account. all his info (or lack there of) is vague and uninteresting. Bad troll, this one is, hmm?
lol I know I'm getting trolled, but no one else is posting this early and I'm bored

Old
07-06-2012, 07:41 AM
sup bro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
^ What is wrong with losing to a better team? A team that won the cup the very next year with the same core?
I've seen numerous Canucks fans make this argument here and elsewhere. What do regular season point totals have to do with Luongo allowing 7 goals in game 6?

Old
07-06-2012, 07:44 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I've seen numerous Canucks fans make this argument here and elsewhere. What do regular season point totals have to do with Luongo allowing 7 goals in game 6?
Regular season point totals?

They had 4 number 1-2 d men and first liners playing on their 3rd line. Please that team was stacked.

If you count Buff as a D then that is 5 D men they had that are considered or are playing as number 1 and 2 d men. That is unheard of now a days.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:49 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:

They had 4 number 1-2 d men and first liners playing on their 3rd line. Please that team was stacked.

If you count Buff as a D then that is 5 D men they had that are considered or are playing as number 1 and 2 d men. That is unheard of now a days.
how can you have 4 or 5 people slotted into the #1 and #2 spot. That makes no sense.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:54 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
how can you have 4 or 5 people slotted into the #1 and #2 spot. That makes no sense.
You know what I mean.

The guys they had playing on their team are number 1's and 2's on other teams.

Like how Malkin and Crosby are both number 1 centers playing for the same team.

My number was off though I think its one less, because I may have counted The Wis.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
What's uninformed about it? He is 33. He has 10 more years on his contract at 5.3M per. He is a known choker and headcase who has crapped the bed in multiple huge games.
Really? I can't see your avatar (on my phone) but i assume you are a Leaf fan like myself. As much as i hate the 10 year thing, it truely is 6 max. And...even if he were here and needed to be moved in 3-4 years, do you not think the man that moved Blake, Toskala and Lebda for value no less can move Luongo? If Luongo costs something along the lines of Kuli, Kadri and a 1st, are you still gonna hate it after 4 years of possible playoff hockey? (Yes, Luongo makes us that much better) You need to start winning to attract better players...just common sense. Even if he gets traded for less than we gave, the gains made by becoming respectable and relevent again far outweigh the cost. This in no way means i think we should pay Gillis' inflated price, but i hope Burke makes a decent effort in this case.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:56 AM
AndyPipkin

^Liferleafer is coming around? I should read this thread more

Old
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
sup bro*

Quote:

Look man, all I'm saying is that Luongo has been shaky in quite a few big games. If you don't want to call it "choking" that's fine, but as a somewhat objective observer I think the label is warranted. I can't think of any other marquee goaltender who has been pulled as often as Lu in the playoffs. He had truly awful games in 2009, 2010, and 2011. A team would have to be crazy to take on his contract given his age and the term and his recent history of underperforming when it matters most. Maybe he would work in Florida as they are more of cap floor team that's less concerned with caphit but he will be an albatross for the Canucks going forward if he can't be moved.

Last edited by sup bro*: 07-06-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
M A K A V E L I*

Here's something for the next thread.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Really? I can't see your avatar (on my phone) but i assume you are a Leaf fan like myself. As much as i hate the 10 year thing, it truely is 6 max. And...even if he were here and needed to be moved in 3-4 years, do you not think the man that moved Blake, Toskala and Lebda for value no less can move Luongo? If Luongo costs something along the lines of Kuli, Kadri and a 1st, are you still gonna hate it after 4 years of possible playoff hockey? (Yes, Luongo makes us that much better) You need to start winning to attract better players...just common sense. Even if he gets traded for less than we gave, the gains made by becoming respectable and relevent again far outweigh the cost. This in no way means i think we should pay Gillis' inflated price, but i hope Burke makes a decent effort in this case.
Think the the teams involved are deadlocked on the basis that they can't agree to the value.

Unless the one of the three teams make a big trade (non-goalie) or signing (i.e. Semin), I don't see this deal going down any time soon.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
^Liferleafer is coming around? I should read this thread more
In all fairness...i've always maintained i would like Luongo at a fair price.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:29 AM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
I know I'm just having some fun

Watch, Luongo will be the very last move before the season starts.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Really? I can't see your avatar (on my phone) but i assume you are a Leaf fan like myself.
Nah, he or she is a Chicago fan, join date of July 2012 and 35 posts. Either a banned poster reappearing under an alias or a simple troll.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:34 AM
habsrule22

if toronto doesn t get luongo, who will they upgrade with. Not much out there. Going with reimer as your no. 1 hoping he bounces back. Burkie has been looking for a no.1 goalie since he got to TO. now he can get one and he is playing chicken with vancouver.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
if toronto doesn t get luongo, who will they upgrade with. Not much out there. Going with reimer as your no. 1 hoping he bounces back. Burkie has been looking for a no.1 goalie since he got to TO. now he can get one and he is playing chicken with vancouver.
Better to be playing chicken than to overpay massively.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:44 AM
BabyJagrov

Trade will occur before the weekend !

Luongo to Florida, using all the leverage he has with his NTC and Canucks will be crying... At least the non-objective ones !

Old
07-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Numbers

Quote:
After arguing with you 5 or 6 threads earlier I truly thought that the Leafs would never make a deal for Luongo. I thought that he was destined for Florida, but after seeing a change of heart I can only hope Burke is as level headed as you now. It would be nice to see Luongo go and help another Canadian team

Old
07-06-2012, 08:56 AM
MikeK

vCash: 1292
Another morning and another Luongo trade rumor post. I will sure miss them when they're gone... maybe not lol

Old
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
After arguing with you 5 or 6 threads earlier I truly thought that the Leafs would never make a deal for Luongo. I thought that he was destined for Florida, but after seeing a change of heart I can only hope Burke is as level headed as you now. It would be nice to see Luongo go and help another Canadian team
I'll admit, i was arguing earlier, but it was about cost. Knowing we had a top 5 pick as well as Gardiner being the rumoured asking price was the basis of my malcontent. I'm willing to pay a "fair" price.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
I'll admit, i was arguing earlier, but it was about cost. Knowing we had a top 5 pick as well as Gardiner being the rumoured asking price was the basis of my malcontent. I'm willing to pay a "fair" price.
Gardiner or the 5th OA was the "fair price".

What's being discussed now is the "adjusted fair price" mainly due to Luongo's NTC. If he didn't have a say where he wants to go, I think he would've been dealt earlier.

This is, what I think, the reason behind this deadlock. Gillis insists on taking back full value, whereas Burke and Tallon stopped at their adjusted fair value for Luongo.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:09 AM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

What if we were to receive Theodore back in a deal for Luo and then turn Theo over to Toronto for ?.
Not sure if this has already been proposed or if Theo would be the #1 goalie that TO is looking for but kinda makes sense.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
On the twentieth Luongo thread, HF gave to me:

Twelve circular arguments,
Eleven bad proposals,
Ten amateur GMs,
Nine trolls a-trolling,
Eight mods a-banning,
Seven new sock puppets,
Six migraine headaches,
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive Samjam tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets...
Four rabid Leafs fans,
Three French swear words,
Two offer sheets,
And an Italian who's still our goalieeeeeee...

Old
07-06-2012, 09:12 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Well, the words actually don't change at all during the song, the only thing different is the number...which we already have 20000+ posts of.
You have the most creepy/****ed up avatar on HFBoards, just sayin'...

Old
07-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Man Bear Pig

Why would the Leafs give up anything for Theo when we could have had Vokoun for essentially nothing(7th rounder)

Closed Thread