HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XX - Trade Another Day

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZY67 View Post
What if we were to receive Theodore back in a deal for Luo and then turn Theo over to Toronto for ?.
Not sure if this has already been proposed or if Theo would be the #1 goalie that TO is looking for but kinda makes sense.
Theo has a NTC.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Why would the Leafs give up anything for Theo when we could have had Vokoun for essentially nothing(7th rounder)
Vokoun was allowed to negotiate with teams before the trade. He decided to sign with Pitt, so the Caps got something rather than watch him sign in Pitt for nothing in a couple of weeks. The Leafs could have tried to trade for Vokoun I suppose, but he wouldn't have signed there.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

Quote:
Why would the Leafs give up anything for Theo when we could have had Vokoun for essentially nothing(7th rounder)
I guess that is what I'm saying is that BB doesn't seem to want to give up much to get goaltending, and I totally agree that Gillis has to be sensible in what he is looking for in return, but Theo did have a very good year last year and I think could do a fine job of shoring TO up until Reimer is ready and at 1.6 or whatever it is he may be the sensible answer.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Gardiner or the 5th OA was the "fair price".

What's being discussed now is the "adjusted fair price" mainly due to Luongo's NTC. If he didn't have a say where he wants to go, I think he would've been dealt earlier.

This is, what I think, the reason behind this deadlock. Gillis insists on taking back full value, whereas Burke and Tallon stopped at their adjusted fair value for Luongo.
Technically, it's not an adjusted price as the situation hasn't changed. When valuing a player, all things need to be considered incluging Contract, NTC's, and the fact his team would like to deal him. If Luongo was 27, didn't have a NTC or a 10 year deal...then ya, his value is much higher.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:22 AM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Theo has a NTC.
You don't think he would waive to go to TO?

Old
07-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Vokoun was allowed to negotiate with teams before the trade. He decided to sign with Pitt, so the Caps got something rather than watch him sign in Pitt for nothing in a couple of weeks. The Leafs could have tried to trade for Vokoun I suppose, but he wouldn't have signed there.
The reports I read stated Vokoun would have come to Toronto on the exact same contract he signed with the Pens and the Leafs rejected it. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote:
I guess that is what I'm saying is that BB doesn't seem to want to give up much to get goaltending, and I totally agree that Gillis has to be sensible in what he is looking for in return, but Theo did have a very good year last year and I think could do a fine job of shoring TO up until Reimer is ready and at 1.6 or whatever it is he may be the sensible answer.
Not many GM's wanna roll the dice on Theo and I personally wouldn't either. I see him as redundant, pretty lateral IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scrivens or Reimer outplay him next year. You say BB doesn't seem to wanna give up much to get a goalie well, it's probably because he doesn't see an upgrade. The available goalies out there just aren't that great or will cost too much i.e Luongo. Even Bernier isn't an upgrade IMO. People forget that prior to the injury, Reimer was pretty sharp. I'd like to see a goalie brought in, an older one, but I don't know who that would be. Can't see too many guys making sense.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:27 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Trade will occur before the weekend !

Luongo to Florida, using all the leverage he has with his NTC and Canucks will be crying... At least the non-objective ones !

Nah, Lou is at the WSOP in Vegas, he has his phone turned off, wont be able to waive the NTC :-)

Old
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
racerjoe

Quote:
Theo has a NTC.
It's a limited NTC, he must give the team 10 teams he is willing to be traded to. Vancouver is not one of the ten teams.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:58 AM
ROZY67
RIP RYP

Quote:
The reports I read stated Vokoun would have come to Toronto on the exact same contract he signed with the Pens and the Leafs rejected it. Is there something I'm missing?

Not many GM's wanna roll the dice on Theo and I personally wouldn't either. I see him as redundant, pretty lateral IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scrivens or Reimer outplay him next year. You say BB doesn't seem to wanna give up much to get a goalie well, it's probably because he doesn't see an upgrade. The available goalies out there just aren't that great or will cost too much i.e Luongo. Even Bernier isn't an upgrade IMO. People forget that prior to the injury, Reimer was pretty sharp. I'd like to see a goalie brought in, an older one, but I don't know who that would be. Can't see too many guys making sense.
Not so sure your rolling the dice on him, his last 4-5 years have been very good with Wash, Minny and Florida.
So if BB does really feel that Reimer or Scrivens are the future and Theo would waive his NTC to go to TO then I really can't see the risk as far as Theo is concerned at his salary, I do however agree with you on Bernier not being an upgrade as he is an unproven commodity.
Theo is a former Hart, Vezina winner and as I said above has had some very good years the past 5 or so.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

I really wanna troll twitter and make Luongo trending or Luongo to a certain team trend, it'd be pretty funny, might even fool some analysts and would say Luongo trade didn't happen or whatever.

Also, this thread had me thinking, who would be the next James Bond, I was thinking it'd be Daniel Radcliffe

Old
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
canuckster19
Former CDC Mod

Has there been any discussion towards some kind of 3-way deal, say Luongo to Team A, Weber to Vancouver, Edler+Team A assets to Nashville?

Old
07-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
You don't think he would waive to go to TO?
I read from some FLA fans that he wouldn't leave FLA.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
It's a limited NTC, he must give the team 10 teams he is willing to be traded to. Vancouver is not one of the ten teams.
Thanks, didn't know the exact terms.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Diamonddog01

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckster19 View Post
Has there been any discussion towards some kind of 3-way deal, say Luongo to Team A, Weber to Vancouver, Edler+Team A assets to Nashville?
No lol.

I thought the three-way Toronto/SJ/Van deal was good but most Leaf fans didn't think that highly of it.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Diamonddog01

/
Quote:
If he hasn't provided a list yet, how do you know Vancouver is not one of those teams

Old
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Three way deals are pretty rare, and when you add NTCs, salary cap considerations, divisional/conference rivalries, etc. the complexities of a 3 way deal are usually prohibitive.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
No lol.

I thought the three-way Toronto/SJ/Van deal was good but most Leaf fans didn't think that highly of it.
Only reason was that the pieces we were giving up still didn't jive.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Nah, Lou is at the WSOP in Vegas, he has his phone turned off, wont be able to waive the NTC :-)
Well... You're one objective fan !

Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Well I have not see a three way deal, but I have thought about flipping what we get for something. Would like Ryan or Weber.

I see it like this.
Luongo to TO

Kadri
1st
Franson to Van

Kadri
1st
Booth
Edler to NSH

Weber to Van

I wouldn't give up the same package for Ryan though.

Quote:
Thanks, didn't know the exact terms.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
/

If he hasn't provided a list yet, how do you know Vancouver is not one of those teams
It's like Heatley was last year, he has to provide the teams July 1. I suppose he could still waive to come here, but we are not on the list.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Well I have not see a three way deal, but I have thought about flipping what we get for something. Would like Ryan or Weber.

I see it like this.
Luongo to TO

Kadri
1st
Franson to Van

Kadri
1st
Booth
Edler to NSH

Weber to Van

I wouldn't give up the same package for Ryan though.

No worries.

It's like Heatley was last year, he has to provide the teams July 1. I suppose he could still waive to come here, but we are not on the list.
I'm good with this.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
I'm good with this.
See I think at first glance one might say see did not get enough for Lui, but it's what we turn that into. It would also make Tanev expendable for a winger.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
medhatcanuck

Quote:
See I think at first glance one might say see did not get enough for Lui, but it's what we turn that into. It would also make Tanev expendable for a winger.
No chance. This organization hasn't been developing kids enough. Tanev will be a good 4/5/6 guy for the rest of his career.

Use the Toronto 1st our 1st and possibly kadri to trade for a winger

Old
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

These thread titles are phenomenal. They're actually helping me cope with the transition to life post-Lu.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:27 PM
TOML

In case nobody has listened, Luongo has officially asked for a trade through the radio in his first interview since the end of the season. That's not Team 1040, but 99.3 the Fox.

Any slim hope that he would not be traded before has now been swept away. Cory Schneider will continue to be the starter for Vancouver.

As for teams, well, he lives in Florida, so his first preference is obviously there. Asked about Blackhawks and said it's highly unlikely Vancouver would move him there. Gillis has yet to approach him about specifics, but they've come to a mutual understanding that 'it's time to move on', and Gillis is obviously working on a deal.

No mention of TO except that Steve Nash left money on the table to play elsewhere.

Tampa Bay might still be an option, but we'll see. Somewhere in the southeast is most likely. Family reasons. He never wanted to leave Florida.

Connecting the dots, all these rumours about Luongo back to Florida being pretty much a done deal appear to be true. Say hello to Roberto Luongo, Panthers fans. Cheers.

TOML

Old
07-06-2012, 12:28 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
No chance. This organization hasn't been developing kids enough. Tanev will be a good 4/5/6 guy for the rest of his career.

Use the Toronto 1st our 1st and possibly kadri to trade for a winger
We would have Weber and Franson, Franson can be the #6 guy with Ballard. I like Tanev, but he would be a good trading chip to get a young top 6 winger.

Closed Thread