Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
But aren't you just saying it to yourself?
You sir have opened up one big wormhole.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Iowa Wild Fan

How some Detroit fans are whining they remind me of the bully on the playground. Bullies everyone around. Then one day the little guy stands up to him. Not only does he stand up to him he knocks him to the ground. Then all of a sudden the bully is crying like a little baby.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Wild Fan View Post
How some Detroit fans are whining they remind me of the bully on the playground. Bullies everyone around. Then one day the little guy stands up to him. Not only does he stand up to him he knocks him to the ground. Then all of a sudden the bully is crying like a little baby.
We took "their" players. Detroit fans (and there's a couple franchises that act this way) actually believe that if they make an offer for a player, he has to go to their team. In their minds, the only way a player passes on Detroit is if they actually didn't want the player. However, it has come out that Suter and Parise were offered more money to go to Detroit or Pittsburgh, and they declined to end up in Minnesota. Not only can they not say they didn't try for the players (Illitch, Holland, and Chelios flew out to Madison to try recruit Suter!) but they can't even fall back on the age old "they were too greedy and Detroit doesn't over pay players" excuse.

Simply put, this week's events don't fit into their little conceptions of reality, and they don't know how to rationalize it.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:54 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Even worse, Detroit right now looks like they may very well miss the playoffs... they know this, but don't know how to react to it since it hasn't happened in so long.

Detroit fans are in a place many of them have not ever experienced.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 300
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Simple.

Wings won't make the playoffs and the Wild will take their usual spot!

Last edited by Fel 96: 07-06-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 12:02 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

not all their fans are like that, but yeah, as a fanbase the *****ier ones seem to be the most vocal.

pointed it out before we even got Parise and Suter: even our name being mentioned as being in contention for "their" free agents should give their ego's a check. If the most sought after free agents were even considering signing with our "irrelevant" (their favorite descriptor for us) team over theirs, the gulf in relevance can't be as deep as they've been maintaining. In order to keep thinking the wild are irrelevant they have to admit their team suffered a steep decline in their relevance. If they want to hold on to their "first class" relevance, they have to admit the Wild's ascension. It's gotta be rough for them.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I know this is easy to say since I'm a Wild fan but I don't know how people can be ticked Zach and Ryan came to the Wild primarily for family reasons. How is that ever a bad thing? That is a great thing and as free agents, they had every right making that decision. Yes, maybe they gave some hope to their former teams but what were they going to do anyway? Tell them they were gone for sure? They really didn't know either way.. but once they hit the free agent market, they both had every right to make a business decision. To make a decision that they earned! They didn't owe their former teams anything. I honestly do not understand how some are so mad. It's not like either of them pulled what Dwight Howard is pulling right now. They played out their contracts and earned a right to decide where to go next. They decided to pick home or one close to home. I find it endearing, not devilish like some are claiming.
Cause they, primarily Devils, Pens and Preds fans are a bunch of jilted lovers who have no idea how long Minnesota has suffered. Least the Devils and Pens have tasted success, we've never really had a sniff of it, so bunch of s*** we were getting from them just ignore them, especially the Devils fans, because they're just a bunch of arrogonant pr**ks who have no idea what it's like to suffer like us till now.

I still can't believe it's real, i've ready every article about the signing today, every video yet i'm still not all caught up, outside of Favre to Minny there has never been this much media coverage both local and national in my lifetime, just the best time ever to be a fan, and good for the organization too, lot of good people there!

Old
07-06-2012, 12:45 AM
mnwildgophers

I'm still having a hard time that we actually pulled this off. The thing that I keep coming back to is how much this changes the outlook of our team. Like, this changes absolutely everything. The prospects get to develop more easily, we SHOULD make the playoffs EVERY year. We, the Minnesota Wild, not making the playoffs for 4 years straight managed to sign the two top tier free agents of the class. We have legitimate lines now. Koivu and Parise together is just an absolute dream come true.

It's really hard to believe that this actually happened. I mean, look at where we were just a few years ago and where we are now. I'm just amazed. You look at the way things worked out, and I don't think they could have worked out any better. We somehow pulled this off and I still have no idea how we did it. This is an exciting time to be a Wild fan, and the best part about all of this is the fact that this isn't just a 1 year thing. We have some of the best prospects out there turning pro at the same time that we added legitimate NHL players to the team. This means so much for the team, but also the prospects. Granlund will have a better year because of Parise being here. I think we're going to see at least 60 points from Granlund and we cold see Koivu and Parise above 80.

It needs to be October!

Old
07-06-2012, 12:48 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Wild fans intimately know how New Jersey and Nashville fans are feeling right now. You can even lump Dallas in with them from last summer.

When you lose a prime asset for absolute nothing, it burns. It itches. It causes you to grumble and gnash your teeth in anger.

But. It happens.

Gaborik
Richards
Parise
Suter

All BIG name talents that left their teams without getting anything in return.

Nashville is in a world of hurt right now because they don't know what Weber is going to do... Frankly, Poile needs to put another offer on the table and give him a week to mull it over. If Weber says "I'd like more time" then you start working the trades...

Old
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I can handle all the criticism and butthurt here on HF and the comments section on TSN.com but I'd stay away from everywhere else. Many of the comments on Youtube, NHL.com, Yahoo, and many other sites are pretty ugly and some are downright infuriating. Best to stick to HF for now if you're a person that likes to look at comments like I am.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Northland Wild Man
Run The Goalie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Cause they, primarily Devils, Pens and Preds fans are a bunch of jilted lovers who have no idea how long Minnesota has suffered. Least the Devils and Pens have tasted success, we've never really had a sniff of it, so bunch of s*** we were getting from them just ignore them, especially the Devils fans, because they're just a bunch of arrogonant pr**ks who have no idea what it's like to suffer like us till now.

I still can't believe it's real, i've ready every article about the signing today, every video yet i'm still not all caught up, outside of Favre to Minny there has never been this much media coverage both local and national in my lifetime, just the best time ever to be a fan, and good for the organization too, lot of good people there!
Ditto. I hate working weird hours through holidays.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:38 AM
eco's bones

From a Rangers fan--I think the majority of Devils fans are pretty whacky. You can't really have a conversation with that majority about hockey at all. As soon as they figure you're not a Devils fan they either clam up or gang up on you to rip you and your opinions to shreds.

Good thing you're in the other conference and truly you'll not be forgiven--at least not in this century. This was a long time coming--they wanted to talk to Zach during the 10-11 season--he put them off to the off season. They couldn't come to an agreement and Red flags everywhere it was obvious to everybody who gives a crap about these things that he was going to test the market. They have a history of key players ****ing off to other places--but every time is like the first time it's ever happened. They can't believe it when it occurs again. The loyalty litmus test slapped them in the face again.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

The players have earned the right, as described through the CBA, for Free Agency. Just like a regular Joe can go work wherever he wants if the employer wants him (sans the millions). I honestly never thought these guys would go to Detroit. Didn't seem to fit what they wanted from a personal life standpoint. And if a team EXPECTS to get better through FA they will most likely be sadly disappointed. The days of Detroit being a preferred place to play are pretty much over.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Personally I think Detroit will still make the playoffs, it's Phnx, and or Nash I have doubts about. I think this Suter deal will put shockwaves thru Nashville and put them in a bad place. Weber will be on his way out, and they know it now. Phnx, honestly I never did understand how they got as far as they did last season, just not a believer, sorry. I fully expect the Wild to at least make the playoffs as a 6-8 seed most likely. Doubt they will make it too deep into the playoffs though, not this season. The following year, look out, expectations will start to go thru the roof.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
From a Rangers fan--I think the majority of Devils fans are pretty whacky. You can't really have a conversation with that majority about hockey at all. As soon as they figure you're not a Devils fan they either clam up or gang up on you to rip you and your opinions to shreds.

Good thing you're in the other conference and truly you'll not be forgiven--at least not in this century. This was a long time coming--they wanted to talk to Zach during the 10-11 season--he put them off to the off season. They couldn't come to an agreement and Red flags everywhere it was obvious to everybody who gives a crap about these things that he was going to test the market. They have a history of key players ****ing off to other places--but every time is like the first time it's ever happened. They can't believe it when it occurs again. The loyalty litmus test slapped them in the face again.
Must be that Shnooky Jersey Shore thing going on they got, lol.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:21 AM
nickschultzfan

Detroit fans are extra high-pitched because the illusions they've created and the denial they've been in are starting to fade. The truth is creeping in, and they can't take it.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I can't wait until Detroit falls, and falls hard. I just can't stand that team and the majority of fans and blogs are so obnoxious and cocky that it will be just a joy to watch them scramble and make excuses.

"Well we always make the playoffs and have a winning tradition so I'm not worried...obviously our prospects are awesome look at Datsyuk and Lidstrom and Zetterberg, we hit on our draft picks outside the first round (except in the last 10 years)...if Parise and Suter wanted to win they'd come to Detroit because we're the only team that can win...let's make fun of Crosby some more because we can't handle the fact that the best player in the world isn't on our team and legit beat us for the Cup"

Old
07-06-2012, 09:24 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Wild fans intimately know how New Jersey and Nashville fans are feeling right now. You can even lump Dallas in with them from last summer.

When you lose a prime asset for absolute nothing, it burns. It itches. It causes you to grumble and gnash your teeth in anger.

But. It happens.

Gaborik
Richards
Parise
Suter

All BIG name talents that left their teams without getting anything in return.

Nashville is in a world of hurt right now because they don't know what Weber is going to do... Frankly, Poile needs to put another offer on the table and give him a week to mull it over. If Weber says "I'd like more time" then you start working the trades...
you need to knock it off with that...it's encouraging the WMB transferees and it's annoying, besides, in it's fallacy. The devils were in the playoff chase. Would have they been there replacing Parise with what one year of Parise would have got them? consider a team seeking Parise would be picking him up to increase their playoff chances and anything the give up would likely hold more potential value in the future, not the present. Likewise Suter. You aren't losing them for nothing, you are keeping them for playoff revenue and the chance at a cup. if you want to look at it in dollar signs: you're keeping parise for $3m x number of home games played.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:03 AM
LordFletcher

can we turn this link into a "sticky" till the becoming Wild episode comes out... this brings a HUGE smile to my face each time I think of (Suter and Parise).... Still can't believe this happened.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
As I posted on the Red Wing thread in the NHL forum, when I started watching the North Stars as a kid, Detroit was dog-meat. They were faded glory much like Toronto is now, whereas the Canadiens were the de facto standard of excellence. A road trip to the Olympia was expected to end with a win.

I've seen Detroit suck and be irrelevant before. They've just been on a pretty incredible run of excellence.

But in a salary-capped sport, you are certainly more vulnerable to cycles of good - bad. I don't know if their current batch of prospects is good enough to shore up an aging roster. It could happen I suppose.

But to anyone in their 20s, Detroit has never sucked, so the concept is foreign to them.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
can we turn this link into a "sticky" till the becoming Wild episode comes out... this brings a HUGE smile to my face each time I think of (Suter and Parise).... Still can't believe this happened.
If this thread (or whatever number variation) isn't still on the first page, we failed.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
If this thread (or whatever number variation) isn't still on the first page, we failed.
We?

More like you.

Ha.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...1308--nhl.html

Oh man, that's hilarious.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:22 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

That's great. Can't wait for Lambert's troll piece.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
That's great. Can't wait for Lambert's troll piece.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...6316--nhl.html

Closed Thread