HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nyr - Ducks, Nyr - Stl

Old
07-05-2012, 10:53 PM
ThisYearsModel

vCash: 500
I think that the only way the Rangers get Ryan is to give up Stepan, which they appear to not be willing to do. I would gladly package Anisimov with Erixon and another player (Chriatian Thomas?) for Ryan. I think that if Ryan goes to Philly, it will be for Cotourier and I don't see the Flyers doing that either. I don't understand the Ducks wanting to deal Ryan anyway. I have to wonder what Murray is drinking. Unless the Samueli's want the Ducks at the cap floor and he is worried about Getzlaf and Perry next year.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolundasweden View Post
To Nyr:

Ryan

To Ana:

Stepan
Erixon
1st
Get the **** out. NO Stepan.

Quote:
To Nyr:

Steen

To Stl:

Dubinsky

Thoguhts?

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
I think that the only way the Rangers get Ryan is to give up Stepan, which they appear to not be willing to do. I would gladly package Anisimov with Erixon and another player (Chriatian Thomas?) for Ryan. I think that if Ryan goes to Philly, it will be for Cotourier and I don't see the Flyers doing that either. I don't understand the Ducks wanting to deal Ryan anyway. I have to wonder what Murray is drinking. Unless the Samueli's want the Ducks at the cap floor and he is worried about Getzlaf and Perry next year.

If its Anisimov, it would have to be one of the Top 4 coming back (Staal, Girardi, McD, Del Z). With the middle two understandably off limits, one of Staal/Del Zotto would need to come back if Stepan isnt included. Also, the Ducks dont necessarily want to trade Ryan. Murray listening to offers doesnt mean he will get moved, or were even looking to move him. Just means teams are interested.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
The Ducks AREN'T trying to deal Ryan. Multiple sources have said that they are listening when other teams call, and saying "make this overpayment and we will think about it". They aren't the ones calling other teams.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
If its Anisimov, it would have to be one of the Top 4 coming back (Staal, Girardi, McD, Del Z). With the middle two understandably off limits, one of Staal/Del Zotto would need to come back if Stepan isnt included.
Our blue line is set. I can't see any trade with New York for a defenseman as the centerpiece. Not only did we just sign two defensemen, but we have two young defensemen that Boudreau is expecting to compete for a job in camp.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:23 AM
LotteryForLife*

You might get a stale hot dog bun for Dubinsky. He's awful, has a big contract, and NO VALUE.

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Our blue line is set. I can't see any trade with New York for a defenseman as the centerpiece. Not only did we just sign two defensemen, but we have two young defensemen that Boudreau is expecting to compete for a job in camp.
That pretty much makes us and NYR Bad trading partners. But id take a deal based around Staal. Hes an elite shutdown guy and we can move lydman for scoring depth. Plus wed get anisimov, who is a 2/3 center and a core of Fowler, Staal and Sbisa is damn appealing.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
That pretty much makes us and NYR Bad trading partners. But id take a deal based around Staal. Hes an elite shutdown guy and we can move lydman for scoring depth. Plus wed get anisimov, who is a 2/3 center and a core of Fowler, Staal and Sbisa is damn appealing.
Anisimov isn't going to be our second line center. All that glitters is not gold.

If Lubo couldn't return scoring depth, then I don't see how Lydman would. We might get a pick.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:38 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Change the 1st and Erixon to a top 4 defender and there you go.

Stepan
MDZ
There you go nothing...Stepan will be as good as nash is,already shows flashes of his abilities and DZ is a top 4 d man,top pairing on alot of teams..so,no,there you dont go!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
There you go nothing...Stepan will be as good as nash is,already shows flashes of his abilities and DZ is a top 4 d man,top pairing on alot of teams..so,no,there you dont go!
Ryan is not moved if Stepan isn't coming back. Period. Unless you want to give us Marc Staal, but I'm reaching higher and I know what the answer is.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Anisimov isn't going to be our second line center. All that glitters is not gold.

If Lubo couldn't return scoring depth, then I don't see how Lydman would. We might get a pick.
I said 2/3 and on our team, yes he would be our #2, hes better than Koivu. I watch the Rangers play regularly, Anisimov is a solid #3, can easily develop into a #2, but Ill agree hes not there yet.

By scoring depth, I meant something like a Lydman for Cullen swap. Lubo didnt return scoring depth, because Murray wanted to trade him for a pick. Going by his comments, he feels the prospects are ready to make the jump.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Anisimov is a solid #3, can easily develop into a #2, but Ill agree hes not there yet.
I might add that Anisimov played first line wing, second line c, first line c. My point is he is versatile. Plus he is great away from the puck. That makes him valuable. How valuable is the question. But he can help you solve your c depth

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I might add that Anisimov played first line wing, second line c, first line c. My point is he is versatile. Plus he is great away from the puck. That makes him valuable. How valuable is the question. But he can help you solve your c depth
For a draft pick, sure, he might. But he's not a centerpiece for Bobby Ryan. You start with Stepan, and then you add.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
For a draft pick, sure, he might. But he's not a centerpiece for Bobby Ryan. You start with Stepan, and then you add.
What I proposed was Staal as the centerpiece, with Anisimov as the 2nd asset, to help out our center depth. Hes certainly not the centerpiece of any trade for Ryan.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
What I proposed was Staal as the centerpiece, with Anisimov as the 2nd asset, to help out our center depth. Hes certainly not the centerpiece of any trade for Ryan.
No, but a lot of Ranger fans think he is. Or JT Miller, or Christian Thomas, or Dubinsky. And making a combo out of those 4 doesn't get you anywhere, either.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Then you'd have no problem trading Stepan and using Anisimov to replace him?

Old
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
What makes you think that we're looking for a defenseman as a centerpiece for a Ryan trade?

Old
07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
No, but a lot of Ranger fans think he is. Or JT Miller, or Christian Thomas, or Dubinsky. And making a combo out of those 4 doesn't get you anywhere, either.
Agreed. All 4 players listed are "B" level assets. The centerpiece of a Ryan deal needs to be Stepan or Staal. I wouldnt want Del Zotto as the main asset coming back, because hes not a position of need. We NEED a 2C or an elite shutdown guy. Since NYR doesnt seem to be willing to give up either, there wont be a deal, were not taking a quantity of stuff the Rangers dont need for Ryan.

Quote:
Then you'd have no problem trading Stepan and using Anisimov to replace him.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
What makes you think that we're looking for a defenseman as a centerpiece for a Ryan trade?
Murray's rumored asking price was a 2C and a young Top 4 defenseman. If Murray got amazing value with a top pairing defenseman and a weaker 2C, I think he would do it. Just my opinion. Obviously a center needs to be coming back in addition to, but Staal is exactly what this team needs IMO, hed instantly be our #1.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Murray's rumored asking price was a 2C and a young Top 4 defenseman. If Murray got amazing value with a top pairing defenseman and a weaker 2C, I think he would do it. Just my opinion. Obviously a center needs to be coming back in addition to, but Staal is exactly what this team needs IMO, hed instantly be our #1.
That isn't a rumor I have heard at all. Where is that coming from? It seems like everything I've read says that demanding Stepan is what is keeping us from making a deal with New York; demanding Schenn/Couturier stopping us from dealing with Philly; and demanding Johansen is what kept anything from happening with Columbus - in that particular case it was said that we wouldn't settle on Brassard.

We are not going to settle on a lesser 2C. That is what landed us in this mess in the first place by going with Koivu, and why we've been searching for a strong option at that position; going on 4 years, now.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Then you'd have no problem trading Stepan and using Anisimov to replace him?
If stepan means ryan, then no ryan. My point was re anisimov value. I really gave up on ryan a while back.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
That isn't a rumor I have heard at all. Where is that coming from? It seems like everything I've read says that demanding Stepan is what is keeping us from making a deal with New York; demanding Schenn/Couturier stopping us from dealing with Philly; and demanding Johansen is what kept anything from happening with Columbus - in that particular case it was said that we wouldn't settle on Brassard.

We are not going to settle on a lesser 2C. That is what landed us in this mess in the first place by going with Koivu, and why we've been searching for a strong option at that position; going on 4 years, now.
When Ryan was on the block in December that was the reported asking price. I think if Murray got offered Staal as a centerpiece with Anisimov involved he would take it. My Opinion, which doesnt mean much.

Thats just one particular circumstance though, and Im guessing NYR wouldnt include Staal or Stepan so its a moot point. In general, I agree with you. I just think in the case of Staal, Murray would accept the package.