HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster 2012-2013 - Part II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 11:26 AM
  #326
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Trade voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st for ryan

Trade Meszaros, Cousins and a 3rd for Bouwmeester

Sign Jason Arnott

FORWARDS
Scott*Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude*Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby*Ryan ($5.100m)
Wayne*Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden*Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny*Briere ($6.500m)
Ruslan*Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean*Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt*Read ($0.900m)
Maxime*Talbot ($1.750m) / Jason*Arnott ($2.600m) / Eric*Wellwood ($0.580m)
DEFENSEMEN
Jay*Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Braydon*Coburn ($4.500m)
Kimmo*Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke*Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas*Grossmann ($3.500m) / Marc-Andre*Bourdon ($0.975m)
Bruno*Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya*Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Stupid ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars*Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,445,000; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,755,000

Let's not and say we did.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
  #327
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Let's not and say we did.
Care to elaborate instead of simply condescending my idea?

How does that roster not make this team better?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
  #328
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Care to elaborate instead of simply condescending my idea?

How does that roster not make this team better?
Our prospect pool gets ***** and Arnott is not coming here to play on the 4th line. He's been a cancer on the last couple of teams he has played on.


Last edited by Alchemy: 07-06-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: grammer
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
  #329
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Our prospect pool gets ***** and Arnott is not coming here to play on the 4th line. He's been a cancer on the last couple of teams he's played on.

This. Stop depleting our prospect pool. And JBo has too much of a probability of sucking.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
  #330
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Care to elaborate instead of simply condescending my idea?

How does that roster not make this team better?
Because trading the earth for Ryan doesn't make any sense at all.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:38 AM
  #331
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Trade voracek, Gustafsson, Laughton and a 1st for ryan

Trade Meszaros, Cousins and a 3rd for Bouwmeester

Sign Jason Arnott

FORWARDS
Scott*Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude*Giroux ($3.750m) / Bobby*Ryan ($5.100m)
Wayne*Simmonds ($1.750m) / Brayden*Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny*Briere ($6.500m)
Ruslan*Fedotenko ($1.750m) / Sean*Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt*Read ($0.900m)
Maxime*Talbot ($1.750m) / Jason*Arnott ($2.600m) / Eric*Wellwood ($0.580m)
DEFENSEMEN
Jay*Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Braydon*Coburn ($4.500m)
Kimmo*Timonen ($6.333m) / Luke*Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas*Grossmann ($3.500m) / Marc-Andre*Bourdon ($0.975m)
Bruno*Gervais ($0.825m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya*Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Stupid ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars*Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,445,000; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $3,755,000
I would hate to give up Laughton, but that is a great team! How good is Arnott at face offs? Sestito I am hoping can make the team at wing, but if Arnott is that good at face-offs and defensive play then I would be all for that and moving Talbot to wing. Wellwood could get pushed out of the line up though for Sestito. I don't know if that is all it would take for Bouwmeester though.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
  #332
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
This. Stop depleting our prospect pool. And JBo has too much of a probability of sucking.
Depleting our prospect pool to give us a great team for now and into the future is a bad idea? And Bouwmeester would not suck at all. He is exactly what this team needs. A smart d-man that is great at outlet passes and is a great skater. Giroux/Ryan would be here for years together and Bouwmeester/Schenn/Coburn/Grossmann would be a great top four for years also.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
  #333
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
My roster, it come complimentary with a Stanley Cup

Quote:
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Shane Doan ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Ruslan Fedotenko ($1.750m)
Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)
Jody Shelley ($1.100m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Shea Weber ($8.860m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Michael Leighton ($0.900m)
BUYOUTS
Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,081,944; BONUSES: $2,705,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $4,118,056

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM
  #334
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Depleting our prospect pool to give us a great team for now and into the future is a bad idea? And Bouwmeester would not suck at all. He is exactly what this team needs. A smart d-man that is great at outlet passes and is a great skater. Giroux/Ryan would be here for years together and Bouwmeester/Schenn/Coburn/Grossmann would be a great top four for years also.
The team we have is good already and will be good in the future.

There really isn't much of a difference. Ryan is just the sexy player on the roster because everyone wants his goal scoring ability with Giroux. The thing is we don't have problems with scoring goals.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:47 AM
  #335
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
The team we have is good already and will be good in the future.

There really isn't much of a difference. Ryan is just the sexy player on the roster because everyone wants his goal scoring ability with Giroux. The thing is we don't have problems with scoring goals.
Because we have an offensive system. Lavy won't last forever because the clutch and grab is coming back and teams are playing a more defensive style.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:48 AM
  #336
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Depleting our prospect pool to give us a great team for now and into the future is a bad idea? And Bouwmeester would not suck at all. He is exactly what this team needs. A smart d-man that is great at outlet passes and is a great skater. Giroux/Ryan would be here for years together and Bouwmeester/Schenn/Coburn/Grossmann would be a great top four for years also.
The problem though is that the Flyers don't have great high end prospect depth. It's better to build that up and then start making deals from a position of strength. Right now, if the Flyers were to give up everything that has been proposed, that leaves the cupboards bare. People can say what they want about depleting the prospect pool, but eventually, players get hurt, players get moved and players sign elsewhere as free agents. It's better to have that depth in place.

The other thing is why are the Flyers giving up so much for each? It's not as if they NEED Ryan. Anaheim has to move Ryan because he's probably going to hold out for a trade. The onus is on Anaheim to move him and they're probably going to have to take less than what they want. As for Bouwmeester, the cap hit is huge. In order to move Jay Bo. Calgary will have to take less than market value so that a team can absorb that cap hit.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
  #337
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Boumeester would be a fantastic pick up. He's not going to cost us a great deal of assets.

I would happily give up 1st + Read + 3rd for a top 2 defenseman. Pair him with Schenn/Mezaros and he would dominate again.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:58 AM
  #338
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Because we have an offensive system. Lavy won't last forever because the clutch and grab is coming back and teams are playing a more defensive style.
If that's the case then why do we need Bobby Ryan?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:00 PM
  #339
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
If that's the case then why do we need Bobby Ryan?
Because he is a natural scorer? He doesn't need a good offensive system to put up a lot of points.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
  #340
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Our prospect pool gets ***** and Arnott is not coming here to play on the 4th line. He's been a cancer on the last couple of teams he has played on.
Our prospect pool is already ****ed. It's not going to make it any worse to trade a few chips for a couple guys who are on levels that NO ONE in that pool will ever develop into regardless.

Subtracting **** from **** still leaves you with ****. Laughton is a good prospect to have but his value is of little use to us with the C depth we have. We are weak on the wing, Ryan fixes that. Gustafsson will never be anything more than an average 2nd pairing defenseman, but he will most likely be a career 3rd pairing defenseman, assuming he even becomes good enough to maintain a permanent spot in the NHL. Cousins is ANOTHER undersized C that doesn't fill a need whatsoever for us.

This love affair that people have with prospects, rather than actual established players is confusing. These players, Laughton, Cousins or Gustafsson mean little to the future success of this team, or at least not nearly as much as 2 guys like Ryan or Bouwmeester would.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
  #341
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Because he is a natural scorer? He doesn't need a good offensive system to put up a lot of points.
There aren't many players that need an offensive system to put up points so that doesn't even make sense. Flyers are better off without Bobby Ryan unless they can get him at a good deal that will benefit both teams. As of right now Murray wants Couts or Schenn. Not going to happen.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
  #342
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Our prospect pool is already ****ed. It's not going to make it any worse to trade a few chips for a couple guys who are on levels that NO ONE in that pool will ever develop into regardless.

Subtracting **** from **** still leaves you with ****. Laughton is a good prospect to have but his value is of little use to us with the C depth we have. We are weak on the wing, Ryan fixes that. Gustafsson will never be anything more than an average 2nd pairing defenseman, but he will most likely be a career 3rd pairing defenseman, assuming he even becomes good enough to maintain a permanent spot in the NHL. Cousins is ANOTHER undersized C that doesn't fill a need whatsoever for us.

This love affair that people have with prospects, rather than actual established players is confusing. These players, Laughton, Cousins or Gustafsson mean little to the future success of this team, or at least not nearly as much as 2 guys like Ryan or Bouwmeester would.
We are weak at the wing but you are trading Voracek a winger for Ryan. That makes sense. Doesn't solve the weak at the wing problem at all. Does it? The love affair people have with prospects is because we understand players might not be resigning. Guys get hurt so its good to have some organizational depth. It's not a hard concept at all to understand. We already have a weak prospect pool its time to build it up and keep the current core we have together. Bobby Ryan isn't going to significantly improve this team by a large margin at all.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:16 PM
  #343
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Our prospect pool is already ****ed. It's not going to make it any worse to trade a few chips for a couple guys who are on levels that NO ONE in that pool will ever develop into regardless.

Subtracting **** from **** still leaves you with ****. Laughton is a good prospect to have but his value is of little use to us with the C depth we have. We are weak on the wing, Ryan fixes that. Gustafsson will never be anything more than an average 2nd pairing defenseman, but he will most likely be a career 3rd pairing defenseman, assuming he even becomes good enough to maintain a permanent spot in the NHL. Cousins is ANOTHER undersized C that doesn't fill a need whatsoever for us.

This love affair that people have with prospects, rather than actual established players is confusing. These players, Laughton, Cousins or Gustafsson mean little to the future success of this team, or at least not nearly as much as 2 guys like Ryan or Bouwmeester would.
I beg to differ. Laughton, Cousins and Gustafsson are going to be pivotal players in the future success of this franchise. Cousins will not be a center in the NHL. He's going to be moved to the wing and the guy has an excellent skill set that will make him a successful player in the NHL.

Laughton's game really took off in Oshawa after Boone Jenner went down and he was put into an offensive role. Laughton is expected to be the top center in Oshawa this year, so 80-90 points is not out of the realm at all. And with his solid two-way game, you find a spot in your lineup for guys like that.

Gustafsson is also going to benefit from the Carle move because he should slide into the number 6 role and get constant ice time. Last season, Gustafsson was on his way to becoming a good defenseman when his wrist was injured. Now that he's healthy, I expect a big year from Gustafsson.

So, don't think these guys don't have a future here. On the contrary, they'll be playing pivotal roles in two to three years.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:30 PM
  #344
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Our prospect pool is already ****ed. It's not going to make it any worse to trade a few chips for a couple guys who are on levels that NO ONE in that pool will ever develop into regardless.

Subtracting **** from **** still leaves you with ****. Laughton is a good prospect to have but his value is of little use to us with the C depth we have. We are weak on the wing, Ryan fixes that. Gustafsson will never be anything more than an average 2nd pairing defenseman, but he will most likely be a career 3rd pairing defenseman, assuming he even becomes good enough to maintain a permanent spot in the NHL. Cousins is ANOTHER undersized C that doesn't fill a need whatsoever for us.

This love affair that people have with prospects, rather than actual established players is confusing. These players, Laughton, Cousins or Gustafsson mean little to the future success of this team, or at least not nearly as much as 2 guys like Ryan or Bouwmeester would.
Serious question. How old are you? because this whole post wreaks of a 10 year old.

Detroit have won multiple cups building only from their draft selections. I wonder what would of happened if they just gave up all of their prospects too. It's a joke that people think like this.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:37 PM
  #345
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
I'm hoping Homer makes a serious play for Shane Doan if he decides to leave Phoenix. He'd be a perfect fit for this team in every way, and I'd be willing to pony up some dough because of his durability track record. Perhaps 3 years at $15M or $16M (4 years would make me uneasy). I know, I know, it's a 35+ contract, but I think Doan qualifies as a risk worth taking. Here's my lineup with Doan (at 3 years/$16M) and Voracek (signs for 2 years and $6.8M).

Hartnell (4.3M) - Giroux ($3.75M) - Read ($900K)
Schenn ($3.11M) - Briere (6.5M) - Doan ($5.333M)
Voracek ($3.4M) - Couturier ($1.375M) - Simmonds ($1.75M)
Fedetenko ($1.75M) - Talbot ($1.75M) - Wellwood ($580K)
Shelley ($1.1M)

Coburn (4.5M) - Grossman ($3.5M)
Meszaros ($4M) - Schenn ($3.6M)
Timonen ($6.333M) - Gervais ($825K)
Lilja ($737.5K)

Bryzgalov ($5.667M)
Leighton ($900K)

TOTAL CAP HIT: $65.6608M

I'd rather have Gustafsson in the top-6, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards at the moment.

Yay or nay?

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:47 PM
  #346
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I'm hoping Homer makes a serious play for Shane Doan if he decides to leave Phoenix. He'd be a perfect fit for this team in every way, and I'd be willing to pony up some dough because of his durability track record. Perhaps 3 years at $15M or $16M (4 years would make me uneasy). I know, I know, it's a 35+ contract, but I think Doan qualifies as a risk worth taking. Here's my lineup with Doan (at 3 years/$16M) and Voracek (signs for 2 years and $6.8M).

Hartnell (4.3M) - Giroux ($3.75M) - Read ($900K)
Schenn ($3.11M) - Briere (6.5M) - Doan ($5.333M)
Voracek ($3.4M) - Couturier ($1.375M) - Simmonds ($1.75M)
Fedetenko ($1.75M) - Talbot ($1.75M) - Wellwood ($580K)
Shelley ($1.1M)

Coburn (4.5M) - Grossman ($3.5M)
Meszaros ($4M) - Schenn ($3.6M)
Timonen ($6.333M) - Gervais ($825K)
Lilja ($737.5K)

Bryzgalov ($5.667M)
Leighton ($900K)

TOTAL CAP HIT: $65.6608M

I'd rather have Gustafsson in the top-6, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards at the moment.

Yay or nay?
May be harder than you think to get Doan...there may be lingering problems with Bryz from his Phoenix days...

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
  #347
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
May be harder than you think to get Doan...there may be lingering problems with Bryz from his Phoenix days...
We don't know if there were any issues between Doan and Bryz, and if there were, Doan wasn't one of the guys to come out and say it. Obviously, that's something Homer would find out rather quickly when inquiring about his availability.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:26 PM
  #348
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
with his solid two-way game, you find a spot in your lineup for guys like that.

Gustafsson is also going to benefit from the Carle move because he should slide into the number 6 role and get constant ice time. Last season, Gustafsson was on his way to becoming a good defenseman when his wrist was injured. Now that he's healthy, I expect a big year from Gustafsson.

So, don't think these guys don't have a future here. On the contrary, they'll be playing pivotal roles in two to three years.
The Gervais signing was a clear case that Holmgren doesnt trust Gus or Bourdon. The Lilja signing last year and Gervais signing this year was in indication of that. 2 signings that are nothing more then wastes of contracts.

Timonen-Grossman
Coburn-Schenn
Mez-Lilja/Gervais

What do you do with Bourdon and Gus? I was really hoping that letting Carle walk was a indication that Holmgren was FINALLY going to trust the kids.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
  #349
Broad Street Elite
Registered User
 
Broad Street Elite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
What do you do with Bourdon and Gus? I was really hoping that letting Carle walk was a indication that Holmgren was FINALLY going to trust the kids.
It's all about camp competition. If one of the kids outplay Gervais, I think they'll get the spot. Both Bordon and Gus have plenty of things they could learn from Terry Murray as well, so you make them compete for the spot... if they don't win the job, there's opportunity as well. Bourdon's situation is a bit more complicated, but given the Flyers cap situation, moving Lilja around doesn't matter.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:37 PM
  #350
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
I'm hoping Homer makes a serious play for Shane Doan if he decides to leave Phoenix. He'd be a perfect fit for this team in every way, and I'd be willing to pony up some dough because of his durability track record. Perhaps 3 years at $15M or $16M (4 years would make me uneasy). I know, I know, it's a 35+ contract, but I think Doan qualifies as a risk worth taking. Here's my lineup with Doan (at 3 years/$16M) and Voracek (signs for 2 years and $6.8M).

Hartnell (4.3M) - Giroux ($3.75M) - Read ($900K)
Schenn ($3.11M) - Briere (6.5M) - Doan ($5.333M)
Voracek ($3.4M) - Couturier ($1.375M) - Simmonds ($1.75M)
Fedetenko ($1.75M) - Talbot ($1.75M) - Wellwood ($580K)
Shelley ($1.1M)

Coburn (4.5M) - Grossman ($3.5M)
Meszaros ($4M) - Schenn ($3.6M)
Timonen ($6.333M) - Gervais ($825K)
Lilja ($737.5K)

Bryzgalov ($5.667M)
Leighton ($900K)

TOTAL CAP HIT: $65.6608M

I'd rather have Gustafsson in the top-6, but that doesn't appear to be in the cards at the moment.

Yay or nay?
I'd love Doan on this team.

I really liked what I saw from Gus during his short stint. I think he is going to give MAB and Gervais some serious competition for a starting spot.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.