HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBJ Development Camp (7/3-7/7)

Old
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post
Shawn Mitchell used the word "swole" to describe Johansen and I had to look it up. Glad to hear Johansen is filling out his body but this has to be the dumbest word I have heard since baseball announcers started using the phrase "going yard".
Is the 15 lbs thing a rumour? How is it even possible to put on that much in half a summer? I struggle to gain 5 lbs.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Is the 15 lbs thing a rumour? How is it even possible to put on that much in half a summer? I struggle to gain 5 lbs.
He's still young and has a tall frame fit for stacking some more muscle on.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
No that was based on his weight listed in the media guide so I believe it. Also it has been reported that he has a trainer living with him.

07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Sit on the computer and post more often.... Its not difficult.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Elever
Hth

Guess it's possible, can't imagine the amount of steaks you needed to eat to get there. Didn't he grow a couple inches as well since his draft yr? Wondering what Atkinson's size would be listed at, he probably shrunk.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
At my age, putting 15lbs on is quite easy. Just depends on how much of a certain beverage I am drinking.

Dr. Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Quote:
A link that was posted in this thread. Click on it and they have a interview with Johansen. They talk about his weight gain.
http://fearthehat.wordpress.com/2012...-camp-day-one/

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

I see kids in junior put on that type of weight all the time. A few years back, we saw a kid go from 165 pounds to 190 pounds in less than 2 months. It's all in workout routines; if they have a good one and stick to it, they can bulk up fairly quickly.

If Johan can maintain his agility with that size, he's going to be an immensely better player this season.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
WrightOn

Hopefully RyJo's regiment is more successful than Commodore's was when he added bulk and then couldn't skate with it. Not trying to Debbie-down it or anything, it just reminded me of that.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

just back to office from camp...

forsberg...he could be legit if we grow him a bit more...stopping nearly everything...

ryjo - needs to quit dogging it in drills and the group lap skates...needs to set tone and lead here...ala cam

funny moment 1 - Madaisky wins shootout comp and everyone had to worship him

funny moment 2 - Dansk and Korpisalo coming off ice tapping each other ribbing the other and slapping sticks to pads...just kinda funny to me with the swede and fin battling together all week

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:02 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
just back to office from camp...

forsberg...he could be legit if we grow him a bit more...stopping nearly everything...

ryjo - needs to quit dogging it in drills and the group lap skates...needs to set tone and lead here...ala cam

funny moment 1 - Madaisky wins shootout comp and everyone had to worship him

funny moment 2 - Dansk and Korpisalo coming off ice tapping each other ribbing the other and slapping sticks to pads...just kinda funny to me with the swede and fin battling together all week
Its funny how people see things differently. I thought Johan looked pretty good today. He had a couple nice goals and showed a really quick release a couple times. He dis look bigger also.

Players who stood out to me:

Lukas Sedlak- by far best player on ice for me. He sniped a crap load of goals, hustled and just looked to be a legit prospect.

Cam/Johan- looked like vets out there. Cam looked smaller but really stocky. Showed great patience around the net. Ryan looked bigger and stronger, seemed to push a few guys around. Got a good laugh from him swearing he scored in shootout comp but fans denied him!

Zaar- has a wicked shot. Really seems like this kid can be a steal. Slick skill too.

Boone looked great. Had a hard wrist shot. Looked strong on boards in front of net.

Josh Anderson has way better offensive upside then i realized. He was also way bigger then i expected. Scored a couple beauties.

Oliver Gabriel had a good day. Was impressed by him. Friend i went with was most impressed by him.

Madaisky was the best dman in my eyes today. Not only did he show some skills in shootout comp but he showed great mobility up and down the ice. Good one timer. Excited bout this guy.

Weber and Murray were also good. Murray looked gassed to me shortly into practice though. Later on he warmed up and showed a couple really nice, quick long outlet passes. Weber is calm and smooth.

Cucuruto was wearing red but showed a bomb of a slapper amd one timer. Could tell he was itching to get in on some of the drills.

Prout was impressive to. He looked much closer to being NHL ready. Obviously

Was really impressed with all goalies. Dask and korp made some amazing saves. Forsberg and oullette both looked good. Really excited bout goalie position. Ian clark may be one of the signings howson has made.

I thought camps invites Hanley and Aleardi looked like legit prospects as well. Wouldnt be upset of either of those to guys were signed.

Came away from camp today excited about the cbj furture. Our talent level was very very impressive. Most camps ive been to, one or two guys really stand out from the rest and some look terrible. However, i can say not 1 person looked bad and quite a few caught my eye!

Last edited by JrussJacket: 07-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

to me, he was cutting corners on all the laps, in the 1 on 1 he was being pushed off the puck a lot, he did have some times where he showed flashes, but mostly to me, he was going thru the motions...

i agree with a lot of your assessments on today...sedlak has impressed me all week, so had Prout, Madaisky, and Weber has improved his skating.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:33 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Where have you guys been parking?

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

during the week i walked up from my office downtown, tomorrow either the garage or the surface lot...unless you can find a free meter

Old
07-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Nordique

Quote:
during the week i walked up from my office downtown, tomorrow either the garage or the surface lot...unless you can find a free meter
I work on the North end of downtown and park for free every day on West Goodale, west of Neil Ave. You have to be west of Neil of you get ticketed.

That would put you 5-10 minutes walk from the Ice Haus.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Where have you guys been parking?
Park in the attached garage on 2nd level. Make sure you stop at front desk of IceHaus to have parking validated. I didnt know I was suppose to do that and they tried to charge me on my way out. I threw a fit lol because there was no information provided saying I needed to do that. Didnt have to pay though, But make sure you park on 2nd level, the first level is reserved and they do tow.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
to me, he was cutting corners on all the laps, in the 1 on 1 he was being pushed off the puck a lot, he did have some times where he showed flashes, but mostly to me, he was going thru the motions...

i agree with a lot of your assessments on today...sedlak has impressed me all week, so had Prout, Madaisky, and Weber has improved his skating.
I wasnt debating it. Its just really hard to concentrate on 1 player during those drills. Espicially today! I did notice him not skating as fast as some guys after a drill but that about it. Cant say enough about Sedlak and Maidasky though

Old
07-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
I wasnt debating it. Its just really hard to concentrate on 1 player during those drills. Espicially today! I did notice him not skating as fast as some guys after a drill but that about it. Cant say enough about Sedlak and Maidasky though
correct...even during the shootout, i couldn't watch both ways...got frustrating at times lol...

Old
07-06-2012, 01:32 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
correct...even during the shootout, i couldn't watch both ways...got frustrating at times lol...
For sure! I really enjoyed the drills they did today. Seemed to me like Larsen really will be a decent coach. I enjoyed his enthusiasm.

One more thing about Josh Anderson, he was one of the last guys off the ice. Seems to have some leadership skills.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:43 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
This is just anecdotal but last winter I started GOMAD and lifting 3x a week and I gained about 13 pounds in 7-8 weeks. He has much much more at his disposal than I did.

EDIT: GOMAD = Gallon of milk a day. It sucks. I don't recommend it.

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Thanks for the updates, gents.

I said I was really impressed with this year's draft class, and it sounds like that's merited so far. The fact that the camp is competitive is a huge step in the right direction for this franchise. Hasn't everyone seen Miracle?

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
This is just anecdotal but last winter I started GOMAD and lifting 3x a week and I gained about 13 pounds in 7-8 weeks. He has much much more at his disposal than I did.

EDIT: GOMAD = Gallon of milk a day. It sucks. I don't recommend it.
whey protein shakes will get you there much more easily on the stomach.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
ConoR187

Send a message via AIM to ConoR187
is anyone going to the scrimmage tomorrow? me and my dad are looking to go but i was just wondering how crowded it would be and if it is free to go

ConoR187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:06 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
is anyone going to the scrimmage tomorrow? me and my dad are looking to go but i was just wondering how crowded it would be and if it is free to go
I wont be there tomorrow because I heading back home to South Dakota, but Its always pretty packed for the scrimmage. Id get there 20 min early to get decent seats and yes its free. But make sure you bring your parking ticket with you and get it validated at IceHaus front desk.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
RDriesenUD

Thanks for the updates everyone.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote