HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Ackles Memorial B.C. Lions Thread #9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
  #176
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Excited for the Cat fight tonight. They will have the roof open too, so hopefully we get a good crowd out there.
WOW... You mean they're actually going to stat listening to the fans and have the roof open?

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
  #177
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
WOW... You mean they're actually going to stat listening to the fans and have the roof open?
Thats the whole idea of keeping it closed. So they can listen to the fans.... the opposition I mean. Just another slight advantage to throw the other team off. But personally I don't see that as a necessary tactic unless it's a really important or playoff game where the building is going to be electric.

I think I also remember hearing last year that McCallum gets a few extra yards on the ball with the roof closed.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 12:58 PM
  #178
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Love Game Days. Looking to see some improvement on ST tonight. It probably helps the Lions that the Tabbies gave them fits last year...keeps the boys focused. It's gotta be hard right now staying focused when almost every fan and media member is talking about how good the Lions are.

zepps is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 12:59 PM
  #179
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Thats the whole idea of keeping it closed. So they can listen to the fans.... the opposition I mean. Just another slight advantage to throw the other team off. But personally I don't see that as a necessary tactic unless it's a really important or playoff game where the building is going to be electric.

I think I also remember hearing last year that McCallum gets a few extra yards on the ball with the roof closed.
I'd rather the roof be open.

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 01:03 PM
  #180
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I'd rather the roof be open.
If I was a paying customer and it was a beautiful evening I would be pissed too if the roof were closed.

But like I said, if it was a playoff game and we can throw the opposition off with deafening white noise then I'm all for keeping it closed.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
  #181
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
If I was a paying customer and it was a beautiful evening I would be pissed too if the roof were closed.

But like I said, if it was a playoff game and we can throw the opposition off with deafening white noise then I'm all for keeping it closed.
I'm not discounting that a closed roof may have an impact. But i think it gets too much credit. Been to enough games in my life to know that more often then not it's the best team, the team that shows up, that wins. Not other circumstances such as noise or wind.

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
  #182
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!
 
Eddy Punch Clock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chillbillyville
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I'm not discounting that a closed roof may have an impact. But i think it gets too much credit. Been to enough games in my life to know that more often then not it's the best team, the team that shows up, that wins. Not other circumstances such as noise or wind.
Made a huge difference for the Riders a few Grey Cups ago.

But wasn't the irony there..... that it was the "13 player" that caused the confusion for their own team?

I think thats what went down... could I be misremembering?

Eddy Punch Clock is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
  #183
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
Made a huge difference for the Riders a few Grey Cups ago.

But wasn't the irony there..... that it was the "13 player" that caused the confusion for their own team?

I think thats what went down... could I be misremembering?
Nope. You are bang on. They shot themselves but having too many men on the field.

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 02:35 PM
  #184
CCF23
Registered User
 
CCF23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Richmond, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,637
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Winnipeg 17 - Montreal 24
Hamilton 13 - BC 37
Calgary 21 - Toronto 24
Edmonton 35 - Saskatchewan 38

CCF23 is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 03:16 PM
  #185
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,831
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Nope. You are bang on. They shot themselves but having too many men on the field.
Kinda fitting. They pride themselves on having the 13th man...so they put him on the field in the Grey Cup game!

#Winning

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 03:24 PM
  #186
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
I was in Calgary for that Grey Cup....the week leading to Grey Cup was unbearable. All the talk about how the 13th man was the Riders advantage...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Riders13thman[1].JPG‎ (165.8 KB, 6 views)


Last edited by zepps: 07-06-2012 at 03:30 PM.
zepps is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
  #187
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs
 
chopkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,795
vCash: 500
Is it possible to buy tickets at the door like 30 mins before gametime?

chopkins is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 06:16 PM
  #188
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Kinda fitting. They pride themselves on having the 13th man...so they put him on the field in the Grey Cup game!

#Winning

HAHA.. Yeah they still play that blunder on sports lists. One of the all time CFL moments. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team and fan base... lmao

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 06:17 PM
  #189
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkins View Post
Is it possible to buy tickets at the door like 30 mins before gametime?
Yes. You can also call the Lions office directly or through ticket master and have the tickets waiting for you at the roll call window at the stadium.

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
  #190
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
BC Place looks great on TV with roof open. So jealous of the fans there.

zepps is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:24 PM
  #191
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,257
vCash: 500
Bad start and the Playcalling has been abysmal.

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
  #192
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,257
vCash: 500
Wow. That was pathetic looool

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
  #193
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User
 
WinterEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Season over, let's go home guys

WinterEmpire is online now  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
  #194
metric
Registered User
 
metric's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,526
vCash: 500
Well that sucked.

metric is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
  #195
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,257
vCash: 500
Still don't have the timing down

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:37 PM
  #196
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Way to get it back.

zepps is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
  #197
Wheatley
We Rabite You
 
Wheatley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Lions scoring a touchdown is the same as Canucks scoring a goal. You expect them to do it. So instead of going crazy, just a nice, slow clap will do.

Wheatley is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
  #198
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,257
vCash: 500
All I sees is Burris throwing the ball why he's running away towards his own end zone.

LiquidSnake is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:41 PM
  #199
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Over/under on how many times they refer to the Tiger-Cats' punter as being an Aussie??

My money is on 9. So far it's been 3 as I can tell.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  #200
zepps
Registered User
 
zepps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Over/under on how many times they refer to the Tiger-Cats' punter as being an Aussie??

My money is on 9. So far it's been 3 as I can tell.
Rod Black is calling the game. Take the over.

zepps is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.