Our Jerseys

Old
07-06-2012, 02:33 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
If we were to get to the winter classic I would favor something that tributes the North Stars.
That's almost certainly the angle they'd play, too. Both Ottawa and Calgary used designs inspired by different, defunct pro teams for their Heritage sweaters.

I'm not sure how this slipped through the cracks, but IIRC the Wild mentioned on one of their social sites that they're working on figuring out the rights issues & marketing plan to wear the North Stars sweaters for a special night in the near-ish future.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:44 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Pretty sure everyone here will want to murder me for suggesting this but:

2014 Winter Classic - Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild. The Dallas Stars wearing North Stars jerseys and the Wild wearing a new throwback style jersey.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:46 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post

2014 Winter Classic - Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild. The Dallas Stars wearing North Stars jerseys and the Wild wearing a new throwback style jersey.
and prima donna can come out of retirement for one game too right.

look when we get a WC, it needs to be vs Chicago or vs Winnipeg. **** dallas they can suck both sides of my dick

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:48 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:

boothisman.gif

But seriously, that would piss off both Dallas fans and Minnesota fans. Dallas fans don't want their moment in the national spotlight to be in the shadow of a horrifically-misguided relocation, and Minnesotans would feel very weird cheering against the team that's finally playing in their state's greatest jersey of all time after such a long wait to see it un-retired.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
forthewild

i'm pretty sure it would be ****ing awesome if on monday both suter and parise put on a north stars jersey and we rebrand from wild to north stars.

**** dallas, i can't believe that used to be my favorite team (pre wild, didn't know the story behind them)

also it would be 100% awesome if we bought the rights to north stars, and that was our 3rd jersey. the green could become our home one now i guess

Old
07-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Quote:
If we were to get to the winter classic I would favor something that tributes the North Stars.
No to the North Stars. Let them stay in Dallas.

I do have an idea for the Winter Classic though, should we get one.

Obviously the Wild have only been around since 2000, so we really don't have a "classic" jersey like the other teams that have participated in the WC. Bringing back our old greens would be kind of cool, but they're really too recent to have any kind of big impact on fans.

So, since the Wild organization is all about hockey's roots in Minnesota, what if they were to use an old school vintage High School hockey jersey? It could be a fun nod to the roots of hockey in our state and it wouldn't need to incorporate the North Stars or any of our "old" Wild sweaters. I figure they could even let the fans vote on Wild.com from a pool of 16 or so jersey designs to decide which will be used.

Just an idea I had. Not sure how realistic it is, but it's definitely different and would let us showcase the history of hockey in our state, not just the professional hockey history.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:02 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
No to the North Stars. Let them stay in Dallas.

I do have an idea for the Winter Classic though, should we get one.

Obviously the Wild have only been around since 2000, so we really don't have a "classic" jersey like the other teams that have participated in the WC. Bringing back our old greens would be kind of cool, but they're really too recent to have any kind of big impact on fans.

So, since the Wild organization is all about hockey's roots in Minnesota, what if they were to use an old school vintage High School hockey jersey? It could be a fun nod to the roots of hockey in our state and it wouldn't need to incorporate the North Stars or any of our "old" Wild sweaters. I figure they could even let the fans vote on Wild.com from a pool of 16 or so jersey designs to decide which will be used.

Just an idea I had. Not sure how realistic it is, but it's definitely different and would let us showcase the history of hockey in our state, not just the professional hockey history.
so you are saying we should wear Edina's jersey?

Old
07-06-2012, 03:05 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Honestly I think the bottom line is that North Stars sweaters would sell like hotcakes. The nostalgia surrounding the old team is a humongous big marketing hypetrain just waiting to happen, and if they get a WC I think they're going to want to take that opportunity to cash in.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
so you are saying we should wear Edina's jersey?

Or a vintage Warroad jersey and put "The REAL Hockeytown" on them.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
I like and own 2 of the reds, I don't like the greens' too plain IMO and I don't like the flowing script writing on it. The whites are ok. I agree with not doing the North Stars for a WC jersey. Let it go, they are the Dallas Stars now and have been for quite some time. We aren't being "rebranded" as the North Stars no matter how well that jersey may sell (and for the record, I own one) It's nice to celebrate the past, but that's just what it is, the past.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:11 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
I like and own 2 of the reds, I don't like the greens' too plain IMO and I don't like the flowing script writing on it. The whites are ok. I agree with not doing the North Stars for a WC jersey. Let it go, they are the Dallas Stars now and have been for quite some time. We aren't being "rebranded" as the North Stars no matter how well that jersey may sell (and for the record, I own one) It's nice to celebrate the past, but that's just what it is, the past.
Isn't that the whole point of a Winter Classic, though?

Old
07-06-2012, 03:14 PM
centcougar07

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
the winter classic will be our best jersey, period!

CANT WAIT!

are we a lock for the 2014 classic?
If we make the playoffs this year, yes. Without a doubt.

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Exactly, which is why I wouldn't quite be disappointed to have the Wild wear North Stars WC jerseys. I completely agree that they would sell themselves and I believe even a Fighting Saints jersey would do well with fans.

Honestly, the Wild marketing team has done an excellent job with creating sweaters that are unique and fly off the shelves. I have faith that whatever they decide to do for the WC, should we get one, will be a winner.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
Quote:
Yes but it's not like the North Stars folded, they moved and are the Dallas Stars, it's still the same franchise. I don't think the league would even let us wear them for that reason. It's MN hockey history, but not the Wild's history.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
boothisman.gif

But seriously, that would piss off both Dallas fans and Minnesota fans. Dallas fans don't want their moment in the national spotlight to be in the shadow of a horrifically-misguided relocation, and Minnesotans would feel very weird cheering against the team that's finally playing in their state's greatest jersey of all time after such a long wait to see it un-retired.
I don't think Dallas fans would be upset about it. I'm just imagining the media frenzy leading up to the game if they announced, say the day after Christmas, those would be the jerseys. You'd have a lot of upset people taking extreme stands, and I think it could do wonders for the publicity for both teams as well as really polarize the fanbase. Really stick it to the Minnesota fans that this is their team, and the North Stars really are gone forever. This team is the Wild, with their own path to forge, and their own history to make. Something like that could really permanently kill the constant "nostalgia" for the North Stars, which I feel really holds back fan commitment to this team.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
LordFletcher

North Stars are dead....

let it go. :'(

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

They have had good jersey ideas in the past, I'm sure they'll have something cool. Either North Stars nod, or high school, or college hockey, it will be sweet.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:53 PM
yeos schmos

Quote:
I would tend to agree with this but I doubt Dallas would agree...there is probably trademark issues that would prevent us from doing anything like this

yeos schmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:54 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeos schmos View Post
I would tend to agree with this but I doubt Dallas would agree...there is probably trademark issues that would prevent us from doing anything like this
The league allegedly owns the trademark, not the Stars.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:57 PM
LordFletcher

random ?

does anyone know the answer...

kfan power trip[ morning show... the yodeling song... what is it. We are trying to think of it and are coming up with blanks

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
yeos schmos

Quote:
The league allegedly owns the trademark, not the Stars.
I see...I think id be against the wild buying the rights if it was even a possibility...let the stars be the stars and let the wild build their own legacy in the state...in 15 or20 years I expect the north stars will be only a faded memory and the wild will always be Minnesotas team

yeos schmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

I really like the Fighting Saints idea and think the Wild should take advantage of that. I would liken it to when the Twins wear the Minneapolis Millers jerseys or when the Wolves bust out the Muskies jerseys.

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

I have checked numerous times in the USPTO search. The NHL owns the trademark. They would almost certainly approve its use for a Winter Classic, if requested, considering the merchandising outlook alone.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Granlund View Post
If you're talking about this jersey, then yeah it works out real well. ****ing sexy.

Super sharp! Love that!

They could find ways to integrate the Iron Range Red wthout us looking like Santa.

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Or a vintage Warroad jersey and put "The REAL Hockeytown" on them.
So many reasons to love this idea!

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote