HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado-Pheonix

Old
07-06-2012, 05:50 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I think Avs fan's have a front row seat as to how contracts effect a players value (Stastny). That does not mean that team is going to take any less for a player that is a large part of their team.

You also cannot assume that any of those guys will actually ever even see free-agency.

Even with the worst defender on your list there (Jbo) there is less than a slim chance you would be able to pull him in a trade without creating a hole on our roster. Especially with Calgary's unending dedication to being mediocre now.. lol

I honestly wouldn't want anything to do with Jbo either way.. Yuk

Burns was traded as part of a larger package if I am not mistaken and the over all return was nothing to sneeze at.
The trade was Burns + 2nd (37th in 2012) for Coyle + Seto + 1st (28th in 2011). Sharks didn't trade a single key piece from their roster. Setoguchi is a decent top 6 winger, Coyle is a potential top 6 forward with top line upside and it was a late 1st.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:05 AM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
The trade was Burns + 2nd (37th in 2012) for Coyle + Seto + 1st (28th in 2011). Sharks didn't trade a single key piece from their roster. Setoguchi is a decent top 6 winger, Coyle is a potential top 6 forward with top line upside and it was a late 1st.
Didn't Burns only have a year left on his contract as well?

That's not a small return..

We don't have a forward prospect with the clear upside that Coyle does and Seto probably has similar value to Downie I would imagine.

So do you really want to trade one of our forwards for say Enstrom (Who will be 28 in NOV) plus a 1st and our best prospect?

I would rather take a risk on a blue chip prospect than a older defender with one year left on his contract any day. Especially with the price difference.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:17 PM
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

Quote:

We don't have a forward prospect with the clear upside that Coyle does and Seto probably has similar value to Downie I would imagine.

So do you really want to trade one of our forwards for say Enstrom (Who will be 28 in NOV) plus a 1st and our best prospect?

I would rather take a risk on a blue chip prospect than a older defender with one year left on his contract any day. Especially with the price difference.
lol I think you're a little delusional for wanting to trade downie and a prospect for a prospect, however good that prospect might be

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1000
Quote:
And that's HFBoards in a nutshell.

Yes, the fact that Enström is a pending UFA lowers his value somewhat. But what you dismiss as an "older defender" is a classic slow-developing 27 year-old Swede who has really started to come into his own and is right now one of the better "2nd tier" defenders in the league. Meanwhile, your fancy prospect still has to prove he can make the grade in the NHL. Were the Coyotes to trade Gormley for Enström, the former wouldn't be the centerpiece of the deal, nor would he be the only thing going north.

What was the topic again? Another Stastny trade? Bah. Good riddance.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:45 PM
jfisher6
Samurai Champloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
And that's HFBoards in a nutshell.

Yes, the fact that Enström is a pending UFA lowers his value somewhat. But what you dismiss as an "older defender" is a classic slow-developing 27 year-old Swede who has really started to come into his own and is right now one of the better "2nd tier" defenders in the league. Meanwhile, your fancy prospect still has to prove he can make the grade in the NHL. Were the Coyotes to trade Gormley for Enström, the former wouldn't be the centerpiece of the deal, nor would he be the only thing going north.

What was the topic again? Another Stastny trade? Bah. Good riddance.
Enstrom would be a dream on the Avs. Not sure what WPG would want from us though

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Pual Statsny
Overpaid, overrated

Quote:

Ok, 27 is not an older defenseman. This is basically when Lidstrom started his career and leaves room for about 10-13 seasons for good-skating defensemen.

Pual Statsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Enstrom would be a dream on the Avs. Not sure what WPG would want from us though
Landeskog for Kane + Enstrom

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:05 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would expect Yandle's trade value is higher than Stastny's, and by a fair amount.

07-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I would expect Yandle's trade value is higher than Stastny's, and by a fair amount.
Fair to who?

The only reason I don't think Phoenix would want Staz is because he'd only have Vrbata to pass to on the wings.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I think Stastny is an excellent player and I'd love to have him on my team. That's not the point. The point is that I expect that Yandle's trade value is higher due to age, affordability and position.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:05 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Stastny + Hejda + 2013 3rd for Yandle?
Actually no need for a D to be coming back at all;

Something like Stastny + 1st would be close to fair value.

Although there is really no reason why we would HAVE to deal Yandle right now, even waiting until the deadline would bring back a much better return. Plus there's the possibility that Gormley would impress and he could fetch a hefty return himself in a few months. For us to deal Yandle right now, we would need a significant overpayment....

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

I would not do this trade.
Coyotes need more help on 1st line scoring in the worst way.

Anything involving Yandle is going to require the Coyotes getting Matt Duchene coming our way in some sort of package.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I would not do this trade.
Coyotes need more help on 1st line scoring in the worst way.

Anything involving Yandle is going to require the Coyotes getting Matt Duchene coming our way in some sort of package.
and for anything Duchene is involved the Avs would want OEL coming back in some ways.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
and for anything Duchene is involved the Avs would want OEL coming back in some ways.
Which is why both the Avs and Phoenix won't be good trading partners here as there is nothing that can be a win win situation.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:35 PM
jmichael7753

Yandle, Tikhanov, and a 2nd should get be plenty to get stasny

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote