HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sam Gagner

Old
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Luongo for Gagner, 1st, and Klefblom(sp?)
(division rival given one of their biggest needs, moderate overpayment).
I don't mean to offend, but whoever takes on a 5+ contract with 10 years remaining for a 33 year old goalie on the downswing of his career is going to regret it big time. Luongo IMO has negative value, and with Edmonton signing Dubnyk for starters money i think it's clear they believe in him. Considering the differences in teams in front of them one could argue Dubnyk actually had the better year last season. Klefbom BTW is arguably one of the best prospects in the world, that ain't going to happen. Let alone add the risk of a high 1st and a 22 year old 2nd line center.

I think this is a situation where only the Leafs and maybe Panthers are interested, and neither wants to give anything of value up. I wouldn't be suprised if both teams are trying to dump a bad contract. I have no idea why Florida would be interested, and with all three of Theodore, Clemmensen, and Markstrom in the fold i don't see why they would feel they need to make a move. Toronto even has a couple youngsters so i don't think they will panic and give up something substantial either. They have to know they are probably bidding against themselves. The expectations Vancouver fans have for Luongo makes me feel they will be very let down if he does get moved. I say if because who knows if anybody is really all that interested in giving up something that would make sense for Vancouver to accept.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:05 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Careful though everyone, Gagner is a one of the better 2C's in the league and if you don't agree, all the Oilers fans will have their feelings hurt so be nice.
39th in points for centers
42nd in +/- for centers
lacks intangibles

He's a small, average 2nd line center troll

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Do Oiler fans have interest in Anisimov? He is a young, 6 foot 4 Russian, 2-way center that could be a good piece for Edmonton to pair up with Yakupov. I'm not sure if the Rangers want Gagner in return though. Is Klefbom available?
The Oilers should certainly be interested, and considering Stepan is in the fold already i agree that Gagner is unlikely to be wanted. Klefbom however should be a nonstarter, and the Oilers seem to be very bullish on him. I think the idea is the 5 young defenseman Smid, Petry, Klefbom, Schultz, Marincin will be the core group for a long time coming. Marincin has the highest bust potential but many see him as a superior prospect to even Klefbom. I'd think the Oilers would be partial to a deal that see's Teubert instead of Klefbom go the other way, but again they seem to believe in him too. Teubert is less sexy for sure and would need to be packaged up, but he's also more valuable than HF seems to think i'd be willing to wager. In saying all that how does Teubert, Jones, 2nd for Anisimov sound? Jones brings a good two way game and can replace some of the size Anisimov brings, Teubert is a very solid prospect and in the mold of what the Rangers seem to value in terms of size and toughness, then obviously the pick is a nice addition.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
The Oilers should certainly be interested, and considering Stepan is in the fold already i agree that Gagner is unlikely to be wanted. Klefbom however should be a nonstarter, and the Oilers seem to be very bullish on him. I think the idea is the 5 young defenseman Smid, Petry, Klefbom, Schultz, Marincin will be the core group for a long time coming. Marincin has the highest bust potential but many see him as a superior prospect to even Klefbom. I'd think the Oilers would be partial to a deal that see's Teubert instead of Klefbom go the other way, but again they seem to believe in him too. Teubert is less sexy for sure and would need to be packaged up, but he's also more valuable than HF seems to think i'd be willing to wager. In saying all that how does Teubert, Jones, 2nd for Anisimov sound? Jones brings a good two way game and can replace some of the size Anisimov brings, Teubert is a very solid prospect and in the mold of what the Rangers seem to value in terms of size and toughness, then obviously the pick is a nice addition.
Their isn't much incentive to trade 6 foot 4 skilled Russian center for a grinder, a 2nd rounder and a project defensive d-man that will have a hard time cracking the Rangers defense in 3yrs. Think we need a good prospect and a pick.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:16 PM
letowskie

honestly, a first rounder in the 15-25 range + a lower pick (high 3rd, more or less).

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Their isn't much incentive to trade 6 foot 4 skilled Russian center for a grinder, a 2nd rounder and a project defensive d-man that will have a hard time cracking the Rangers defense in 3yrs. Think we need a good prospect and a pick.
Oh i can understand a no, but Teubert is certainly a good prospect and a 2nd rounder is a pick. Jones has value too. Anisimov is the best player though. Klefbom is just not going to happen at all. Marincin might, maybe him and a 3rd...

Old
07-06-2012, 04:37 PM
supert

Quote:
Well they did play in the OHL together. Who cares that they were playing against teenagers? That chemistry from 6 years ago will not only still be there, but it will be even better because now they get to play against professionals and grown men instead of 170lb high schoolers.

Careful though everyone, Gagner is a one of the better 2C's in the league and if you don't agree, all the Oilers fans will have their feelings hurt so be nice.
Not true . You won't hurt most oiler fans feeling . Gagner is ok , But a 2 c should be bigger better on the dot , more physical and better at the d side of the game . If Gagner gets better he may be a ok first line c but his numbers better go up , 40 to 50 points will not cut it as a # 1 and everything else will not cut it as a number 2 . I am an Oiler fan and hate people what like quoting his number . Yes He,s in the top 50 for scoring for C , but he brings nothing else you want in a 2 C
Having said that he is improving and if a team gives him the time i am sure he will break out. Compare his Dad,s numbers he did not break out until his mid twenty,s .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Gagner has filed for salary arbitration. Cogliano did the same last year and was shown the door.

Several teams seeking a 2nd line C...what could the Oilers fetch?
How does that apply to Gagner?

He is about the same level as Bozak... 2nd line C on a weak team, 3rd line C on a playoff/contending team.

I think his value is a 1st rounder in the 20-25 range.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Jamie McBain or Joni Pitkanen. Same thing I have said before.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Cue the arrival of the Canuck trolls.

You post more on Oiler threads than you do Canuck ones.......Hmmmmm
Maybe it's because Oiler fans are so high on themselves and their team that they feel the need to constantly make threads in the trade and general NHL sections (the two sections I most frequently visit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOil View Post
For a minute there I thought I was in a "Value of: Luongo" thread.
If Luongo's value is a 2nd, what's Dubnyk's? A 7th in 2042?

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
T-Funk

Isn't that when Luongo's contract expires?

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Toydarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
39th in points for centers
42nd in +/- for centers
lacks intangibles

He's a small, average 2nd line center troll
Upvote for say'n how it is.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Well he's better than Bolland anyway.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMardigan View Post
Jamie McBain or Joni Pitkanen. Same thing I have said before.
The Edmonton-Pitkanen experiment failed, so no thanks there, but McBain might be of interest. I don't think Oil management does it straight across though, they see some upside in Samwise.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Maybe it's because Oiler fans are so high on themselves and their team that they feel the need to constantly make threads in the trade and general NHL sections (the two sections I most frequently visit)

If Luongo's value is a 2nd, what's Dubnyk's? A 7th in 2042?
You are overly obsessed with the Oilers, it's pretty sad really. If you do however have a problem with Oiler threads then simply don't read them.
It's not just the main boards though is it, how many Of you Nucks felt the need to troll the Oilers boards in light of the Schultz signing? Even sadder imo.

Yes there are some Oiler threads on the main boards that belong on the Oilers boards but that is the same for other fanbases too.

Most Oiler fans are extremely excited about the future and rightly so. It's not a crime...

gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote