HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VII: It's Still Only July Edition

View Poll Results: What should the Rangers do with their two 2013 3rd round picks?
Trade both picks 15 36.59%
Trade one pick, but keep the other 10 24.39%
Hang on to both picks 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Kreider over Callahan? Won't ever happen this year.
Well Kreider and Stepan will be together. Hagelin and Richards will likely be together. I don't think Doan and Callahan would be on a line together too.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Well Kreider and Stepan will be together. Hagelin and Richards will likely be together. I don't think Doan and Callahan would be on a line together too.
Why? Doan can play the left or right side.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Edge

I think it's also key to remember that Torts is more about combinations rather than assigning guys to numerical "lines."

Old
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Why? Doan can play the left or right side.
Maybe then both on the 2nd line, i dunno who would center them though. People would go nuts if Anisimov was our 2nd line center.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Block More Shots

If Howson continues to stay put on Nash's price, I'd like to see us move on and try to get Semin on a 2-3 year deal (6-6.5 mil per year cuz that will probably be his value on the market) and sign Mueller to a 2-year deal (2-2.5 mil per year). This definitely addresses our scoring woes, especially with a guy like Semin. If Mueller can stay healthy and contribute, then we just got a steal on the market.

I want Sather to be smart about this. If we somehow got Semin and Mueller for about the same price salary-wise as Nash, without giving up any valuable assets, it'd be a huge win for the Rangers. I think Sather and co. NEED to go hard after these two guys.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think it's also key to remember that Torts is more about combinations rather than assigning guys to numerical "lines."
Was just about to post this.

Quote:
Maybe then both on the 2nd line, i dunno who would center them though. People would go nuts if Anisimov was our 2nd line center.
Let them. As has been said before the numerical ranking of the lines isn't that important it's how they are used and the ice time they are given. So what if Kreider for instance was on the 2nd over Cally on the lineup card, can guarantee Cally would still get most the key minutes.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:27 PM
fredrikstad

I don`t have the time to read this (and the other) hole treads,so sorry if this was asked for several times.
What happened to JAM?
Didn't he want to sign with The Rangers,or didn't The Rangers see him fit in?
He was obsessively (spelling/grammar?)good enough,and I would have wanted him as a Ranger.
But maybe it was a wise move to sign with The Bluejackets?
Much easier to earn a spot and become an important piece of the team.

Anyway. Good luck in the west Jam. Wish you the best.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block More Shots View Post
If Howson continues to stay put on Nash's price, I'd like to see us move on and try to get Semin on a 2-3 year deal (6-6.5 mil per year cuz that will probably be his value on the market) and sign Mueller to a 2-year deal (2-2.5 mil per year). This definitely addresses our scoring woes, especially with a guy like Semin. If Mueller can stay healthy and contribute, then we just got a steal on the market.

I want Sather to be smart about this. If we somehow got Semin and Mueller for about the same price salary-wise as Nash, without giving up any valuable assets, it'd be a huge win for the Rangers. I think Sather and co. NEED to go hard after these two guys.
But that isn't exactly how it would work. We'd still have to move assets to make the salary work. So really you're getting two guys for the price of one financially but still giving up assets in the end. Two guys that could hit big or miss even bigger.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Which he was to start the year this past year...

Old
07-06-2012, 03:35 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Jeez that's a pretty nice list:

Forwards:
Iginla
Elias
Perry
Getzlaf
Ribeiro
Lupul
Hartnell
Horton
Roy
Zajac
Clowe
Weiss
Filppula

Defense:
Streit
R. Whitney (EDM)
Enstrom
Edler
Vlasic

Holy hell. Sign me up for any of them.
Sign me up for Hartnell. He played in the Norwegian league in the lock out season.
So we kind of a part in his development

Old
07-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
But that isn't exactly how it would work. We'd still have to move assets to make the salary work. So really you're getting two guys for the price of one financially but still giving up assets in the end. Two guys that could hit big or miss even bigger.
We have the cap space to work with (15.8 to be precise), so we wouldn't necessarily have to move salary out. Even if we tie up 9 mil in those two, we still have about 7 mil to work with. Considering MDZ and Stralman's contracts though, I'd be interested to see what the cap space would be like.

Mueller could certainly miss given his concussion history, but on a 2-year deal worth around 4.5-5 mil total, it's not that bad. Semin would obviously be a bigger risk, but the guy has done nothing but produce year in and year out. 386 pts in 417 games since the lockout. The guy's ppg is very high. The question isn't money necessarily, rather term, especially if work ethic is in question. I've heard reports of him wanting long-term, so that'd be the main problem. Of course, I could see a team giving him 4-5 years just because they are in desperate need of a scorer like him.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Jeez that's a pretty nice list:

Forwards:
Iginla
Elias
Perry
Getzlaf
Ribeiro
Lupul
Hartnell
Horton
Roy
Zajac
Clowe
Weiss
Filppula

Defense:
Streit
R. Whitney (EDM)
Enstrom
Edler
Vlasic

Holy hell. Sign me up for any of them.
Zajac to Winnipeg/Minnesota calling it now. Whitney to Boston. Streit re-signs. Elias re-signs. Getzlaf and Perry stay West. Hartnell gets re-signed.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:40 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block More Shots View Post
We have the cap space to work with (15.8 to be precise), so we wouldn't necessarily have to move salary out. Even if we tie up 9 mil in those two, we still have about 7 mil to work with. Considering MDZ and Stralman's contracts though, I'd be interested to see what the cap space would be like.

Mueller could certainly miss given his concussion history, but on a 2-year deal worth around 4.5-5 mil total, it's not that bad. Semin would obviously be a bigger risk, but the guy has done nothing but produce year in and year out. 386 pts in 417 games since the lockout. The guy's ppg is very high. The question isn't money necessarily, rather term, especially if work ethic is in question. I've heard reports of him wanting long-term, so that'd be the main problem. Of course, I could see a team giving him 4-5 years just because they are in desperate need of a scorer like him.
That 15.8 could be around 5.8 real quick if the new CBA drops the cap....can't take the chance of getting caught with your pants down...

Old
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Edge

I'd be willing to take a look at Mueller. But I am not interested in anything other than a one year deal. This isn't a guy who just had a bad year with injuries. This is a guy who has missed a lot of time over several years because of serious head injuries.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:49 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
That 15.8 could be around 5.8 real quick if the new CBA drops the cap....can't take the chance of getting caught with your pants down...
You realize that is not going to happen. They said the same thing about the NBA lockout how the salary cap was going to drop. What are you going to do when half the league is over the salary cap? We will be fine.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Hey guys... a couple of clarifications about Phoenix players. (compiled from this thread)

Doan really can't play the left side effectively. He's a RW. He can however play the point on the power play.

Yandle is left handed. In fact if he isn't playing with a right handed defenseman (usually Derek Morris) he looks lost on the ice. Not sure why.

Pyatt is an excellent skater but he does not kill penalties. And he is hardly physical.

Know your players.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Quote:
Trade for Nash. Sign Doan. Sign Mueller.

Hagelin-Richards-Doan
Nash-Stepan-Kreider
Mueller-Anisimov-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Rupp

When Gaborik comes back:

Gaborik-Richards-Doan
Nash-Stepan-Kreider
Hagelin-Anisimov-Callahan
Pyatt-Boyle-Mueller
Salary cap says hello

Old
07-06-2012, 04:00 PM
tikkanese10

sure this has been said but...

I think people aren't realizing what Nash is. Nash is a superstar stuck in hockey hell. Bobby Ryan is definitely a star, but I think Nash has the "it" factor. He's a monster. Cough up Stepan Sather get this guy here before he makes us EAT IT as a Flyer, Pen or Devil (magic Lou). JUST DO IT!! You gotta give to get. Sweeten the pot with something to make up for holding on to McD and Kreider. If Nash gets swiped we will be in bad shape and end up overpaying for Ryan. If Ryan goes than we will pay too much for Semin and so on and so on. Gotta be proactive here. This guy is the real thing! Prime of his career. Don't be fooled by stats (which are still real good) from one of the crummiest franchises in the league.

Nash on a good team will fight for the most points in the league with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and the other top flight players.

We have this guy a few months ago and we get to the finals because it doesn't take us 7 every time.

Figure Howson out. Dreger's pressure tweet isn't doing it. Give him something. This team is ready now. Losing a couple of guys won't destroy us. This isn't the '94 situation. We'll still have a great core and future even if we lose 2 or 3 of them. The playoffs aren't played "in the cupboard".

Old
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Salary cap says hello
Doan 4.5
Mueller 2
Nash 7.8

about 14.3 mill added.

Dubi 4.2
MDZ 2
Rupp 1.5

about 7.7 subtracted.

We only add about 6.6 mill and we have 15 mill available.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanese10 View Post
I think people aren't realizing what Nash is. Nash is a superstar stuck in hockey hell. Bobby Ryan is definitely a star, but I think Nash has the "it" factor. He's a monster. Cough up Stepan Sather get this guy here before he makes us EAT IT as a Flyer, Pen or Devil (magic Lou). JUST DO IT!! You gotta give to get. Sweeten the pot with something to make up for holding on to McD and Kreider. If Nash gets swiped we will be in bad shape and end up overpaying for Ryan. If Ryan goes than we will pay too much for Semin and so on and so on. Gotta be proactive here. This guy is the real thing! Prime of his career. Don't be fooled by stats (which are still real good) from one of the crummiest franchises in the league.

Nash on a good team will fight for the most points in the league with the likes of Crosby, Malkin, and the other top flight players.

We have this guy a few months ago and we get to the finals because it doesn't take us 7 every time.

Figure Howson out. Dreger's pressure tweet isn't doing it. Give him something. This team is ready now. Losing a couple of guys won't destroy us. This isn't the '94 situation. We'll still have a great core and future even if we lose 2 or 3 of them. The playoffs aren't played "in the cupboard".
Thinking the trade he's looking for is MDZ, Dubi, a prospect, and a 1st.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
tikkanese10

MDZ then...

MDZ is the hold up ...It really is MDZ for Nash then.

Do it I say. MDZ is not dominant and I don't think will ever be. He's good and I like him, but Nash will be a superstar in NY.

Also if we switch them out in the playoffs this year and put a serviceable D-man in DZ's place I think we end up going farther. Goals was what we needed. Only reason MDZ had the points he had is because our forwards weren't doing the job and the d jumped in all the time. It was our primary strategy to make up for the lack of O forwards. That strategy also ended up burning us a bit. We were tired on D and occasionally gave up scoring chances that added up to us losing in the end.

Gotta give to get. Besides like I said what if one of the rivals get him? What will Ryan command? Still something heavy I bet.

Gotta go for it here.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I can't believe we spent the first 5+ pages of this thread talking about getting Weber.

Anyway, **** Rick Nash. Go get Semin.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:23 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I can't believe we spent the first 5+ pages of this thread talking about getting Weber.

Can you tell it's the offseason?

Last year we got Richards, so there was plenty to talk about even after the big signings were done. This year.... yeesh.

RANGERS =
Old
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanese10 View Post

I like Nash, but I'm going to disagree on a few points.

Nash is good and I agree that he's a better player than Ryan. But I don't put him in the Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos category.

I think if it were as easy as just opening the cupboard and parting with some prospects, it would've been done by now. It's kind of like saying that the easiest way to end war is just to make peace. The challenge is that without guys like McD and Kreider, there isn't even a starting point right now. We're not talking about Christian Thomas being the hold up here.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post

I would agree to sign him if we can get him to a 1, maybe 2 year deal. He'll get the $, but he needs to earn the years

Closed Thread