HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why wasn't ribero taking the draw at the end of the game

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2006, 02:03 PM
  #26
Guy!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
*laughs* How typical.

Alright, alright. We all relent. Ribeiro IS a better player than Koivu. OBVIOUSLY. How could we ever have thought otherwise. If Gainey would wise up and bench Koivu already we'd probably have won the division...the conference...the League!

VIVE LA FRANCHISE!! RIBEIRO RIBEIRO WHOOP WHOOP RIBEIRO

Silence while Franchise Ribs was struggling for so long, but surprise upon shocking surprise, he scores a goal or two and has a run of two or three good games and suddenly he's better than Gretzky again.

It must be so horribly for you Ribs fans to always be right yet never get to see Franchise in the position he so deserves. How do you all sleep at night! I say we move the team to Quebec City and get Bergeron behind the bench!!! Get rid of those pesky floating Euros and those horrible non-Quebecer North Americans. DAMN THEM ALL!

*chuckles*

Guy! is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:15 PM
  #27
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
I will be the first admit koivu is better player then ribero and i started the thread...

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
  #28
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
Humm lets look at those stats...
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/FC021202.HTM


Offensive zone.
Koivu 10 for 13 70%
Ribeiro 8 for 14 57%

I dont know where you got your numbers but....they are wrong.
Care to explain?
I did explain in post 18

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
  #29
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle
I will be the first admit koivu is better player then ribero and i started the thread...
Then why dont you wanna explain why Ribeiro would have been a better choice for this faceoff...

Ginoro is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
  #30
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle
I did explain in post 18
Sure you did but your numbers has been proved to be wrong so.. I still dont get it lol

Ginoro is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
  #31
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
Then why dont you wanna explain why Ribeiro would have been a better choice for this faceoff...
i did explain in post 18.... read it... he won every faceoff in the offensive or defensive zone and everytime they were on pp he won them also. Where was the last faceoff... Offensive zone. empty net situation. All pressure situations he was winning draws where koivu wasn't

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
  #32
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota
Well maybe not Ribs, but Saku`s face-offs had been brutal all night. I would have had Plekanek take it.
Again the stats tell an other story.

Offensive zone.
Koivu 10 for 13 70%
Ribeiro 8 for 14 57%
Pleks 3 for 8 37%

Where do you ppl get your numbers?

znk is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:34 PM
  #33
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
First and foremost as I wasn't able to catch the full game, so I know nothing about how each player did on faceoffs that game.
So...with that in mind, unless I'm wrong (and I could very well be), what the thread starter was saying was that Ribs was doing better than Koivu on faceoffs during that particular game and not necessarily during the year (or at least I hope thatis what he is saying...).
Going by the year, it would easily be Koivu to take that faceoff, but if Ribs was doing that much better than Koivu during that particular game, then Ribs taking the faceoff is a valid point. Whether that is enough of a point for Ribs to take that faceoff is another question though.

Edit: Whoops, it seems someone with the facts posted before I posted mine. And if those stats are correct, Koivu was better on faceoffs that game...

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:38 PM
  #34
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle
I did explain in post 18
you said...
Quote:
I knew that people would bring up the stats from faceoffs. I saw them to but they do not accurately reflect the game situation. On faceoffs in the offensive and defensive zone ribero lost one faceoff and it was to roy. When he did lose draws they were in the neutral zone or around the blue line. However, when they mattered most and on all powerplays he won them. Which koivu was not doing.
Ribs lost 8 for 14 offensive zone faceoffs and was 2 for 4 in the defensive zone and yes you say he only lost 1 of those....I count 8.


koivu only lost 3 offensive zone faceoffs and won 10. Yet you say he wasnt doing it.


znk is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
  #35
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperMonkey
First and foremost as I wasn't able to catch the full game, so I know nothing about how each player did on faceoffs that game.
So...with that in mind, unless I'm wrong (and I could very well be), what the thread starter was saying was that Ribs was doing better than Koivu on faceoffs during that particular game and not necessarily during the year (or at least I hope thatis what he is saying...).
Going by the year, it would easily be Koivu to take that faceoff, but if Ribs was doing that much better than Koivu during that particular game, then Ribs taking the faceoff is a valid point. Whether that is enough of a point for Ribs to take that faceoff is another question though.

Edit: Whoops, it seems someone with the facts posted before I posted mine. And if those stats are correct, Koivu was better on faceoffs that game...
OK, but the numbers that znk is quoting seem to contradict what bonefizzle[ Ia ctually typed that] posted. Hey, the Habs had last change, if the Sabres had a C out there who Ribs had dominated, go for it, but that doesn't 'seem' to have been the case.

mcphee is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
  #36
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,173
vCash: 500
To insist that Ribeiro should take any critical faceoff defies logic. He is one of the poorer faceoff men in the league. Not only that, but when he loses a faceoff (more than half the time) he is one of the least likely to regain possession. People should not forget that Kovalev sometimes steps in to take his draws. How can these people be content with obvious inferiority? Is their love for Ribeiro completely blind?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
  #37
pepperMonkey
Registered User
 
pepperMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
OK, but the numbers that znk is quoting seem to contradict what bonefizzle[ Ia ctually typed that] posted. Hey, the Habs had last change, if the Sabres had a C out there who Ribs had dominated, go for it, but that doesn't 'seem' to have been the case.
hahaha, whoops, my bad. I posted without seeing znk's numbers (as mentioned in my re-edit ). And considering Ribs general faceoff prowess (or rather lack of) I would be inclined to believe them. So, I see no reason Koivu taking that faceoff

pepperMonkey is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
  #38
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
To insist that Ribeiro should take any critical faceoff defies logic. He is one of the poorer faceoff men in the league. Not only that, but when he loses a faceoff (more than half the time) he is one of the least likely to regain possession. People should not forget that Kovalev sometimes steps in to take his draws. How can these people be content with obvious inferiority? Is their love for Ribeiro completely blind?
I am not insisting that he should take all key faceoffs at all. he has been inferior to koivu in all aspects this season. However He was hot especially during key situations in the last two periods when they needed points.

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:57 PM
  #39
CalHabFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
I can't believe that Ribeiro not taking a face-off is still being discussed over 2 days after the fact.

CalHabFan is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
  #40
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"
 
TheDamned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal
Posts: 9,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
Ribeiro : 10-23 43%
Koivu : 17-26 65%

Nuff' said
PWNED

TheDamned is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
  #41
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalHabFan
I can't believe that Ribeiro not taking a face-off is still being discussed over 2 days after the fact.
your right... no more... done pleading my case... Go caps gO

bonefizzle is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
  #42
CalHabFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle
your right... no more... done pleading my case... Go caps gO
You put up a good fight

Go Caps Go tonight!

CalHabFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.