HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulikov to Edmonton

Old
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Kulikov to Edmonton

What would the Oilers give up for Kulikov?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

It won't be Eberle/Nugent-Hopkins/Hall/Yakupov, so why bother asking.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Gagner +?

Old
07-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Gagner +?
I don't see why Florida fans would be interested in that, but then again I'm a fan of neither team.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:31 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Gagner +?
A good (may be great) young D in Kulikov for a center that can't win a faceoff, is not good/consistent enough for top 6 duty and not suited for bottom 6, has not got a good defensive game, and that Oil fans throw in every proposal imaginable? Unless that + is one of RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov (with a little more coming back from Florida) don't bother.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Erick

Quote:
I don't see why Florida fans would be interested in that, but then again I'm a fan of neither team.
A lot of Florida fans probably wouldn't be interested, but I'd do it depending on the +.
Gagner is only 22 and a good bet for 40-50 points. Always liked his skill and think he's capable of more.

The Panthers currently have 8 D-men on a one-way contract, including Kulikov. Considering Marcel Goc is our currently our #2 center (nothing against Goc, just he's a good checking line player), I think it makes sense to trade Kulikov for a young forward or two.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:33 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Not good trading partners.

Kulikov is the only high end PMD in the Florida system. I'd rather move Gudbranson than Kulikov. The incentive to move Kulikov isn't high, and he'll be a borderline elite Defenseman in the NHL within 2-3 years.

Edmonton has nothing Florida would particular covet outside the Big 4 Forwards ; a core i doubt Edmonton is looking to deal. You'd have to add a nice piece along with Kulikov for one of them (With Hall being the most attainable IMO).

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:34 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
this.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
A lot of Florida fans probably wouldn't be interested, but I'd do it depending on the +.
Gagner is only 22 and a good bet for 40-50 points. Always liked his skill and think he's capable of more.

The Panthers currently have 8 D-men on a one-way contract, including Kulikov. Considering Marcel Goc is our currently our #2 center (nothing against Goc, just he's a good checking line player), I think it makes sense to trade Kulikov for a young forward or two.
You don't trade your best young Defenseman for secondary scoring. Gagner is very Weiss-lite, and that isn't a C core you want.

The Forward core for Florida is coming. It's 2 years away from being fully fledged, but it's coming.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Edmonton is a poor trading partner with pretty much every team in the League.

Outside of the Big 4, they have no value outside of an oft-injured Whitney and Hemsky and an inconsistent Gagner.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
A good (may be great) young D in Kulikov for a center that can't win a faceoff, is not good/consistent enough for top 6 duty and not suited for bottom 6, has not got a good defensive game, and that Oil fans throw in every proposal imaginable? Unless that + is one of RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov (with a little more coming back from Florida) don't bother.
Kulikov has his own flaws, as well.

You have to give to get.

I'm actually a Panthers fan. Most of the top free agents have signed, Semin is realistically not coming here, and I really think that Gagner has more skill than he's shown. He's only 22, himself. Even if he puts up the point totals that he's put up so far in his career, he's still better than what we currently have up front.

Edmonton probably doesn't care to have him because...well, they have RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yapukov. It's easy to not think much of a forward when you have drafted four studs, making that forward someone who's no longer a necessity.

Old
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Edmonton is a poor trading partner with pretty much every team in the League.

Outside of the Big 4, they have no value outside of an oft-injured Whitney and Hemsky and an inconsistent Gagner.
That is absolutely true if you ignore all of the promising prospects coming up in the Oiler's system, as well as solid NHL players like Smid, Petry, Jones, etc. Why do you feel the need to comment negatively on a team you know nothing about?

I havent seen Kulikov play, but from how Florida fans talk about him, I think Edmonton is a poor trading partner. Dont see why Florida would accept a package of lesser pieces for him.

What do Florida fans see Kulikov's likely ceiling as as well as the level he will most likely reach?

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
One of the Big Four would HAVE to be going the other way IMO, there's no way around it; those are the only players that would actually help Florida and may entice them to trade Kulikov. Kulikov is definitely someone I could see the Oilers having interest in; they need stud young defensemen with potential. But he was already untouchable enough to the Panthers when Garrison was there. Now with Garrison gone he's even less likely to be dealt.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:28 PM
9GWG9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
One of the Big Four would HAVE to be going the other way IMO, there's no way around it; those are the only players that would actually help Florida and may entice them to trade Kulikov. Kulikov is definitely someone I could see the Oilers having interest in; they need stud young defensemen with potential. But he was already untouchable enough to the Panthers when Garrison was there. Now with Garrison gone he's even less likely to be dealt.
Ok.

What would Florida add to Kulikov to get one of the big four and which one would you want?

(We are not talking about Shea Webber here)

9GWG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Edmonton is a poor trading partner with pretty much every team in the League. Outside of the Big 4, they have no value outside of an oft-injured Whitney and Hemsky and an inconsistent Gagner.
The only reason for this, and it's with fans of other teams, not actual NHL GM's, etc, is because most fans of other teams see what the Oilers are creating and know we'll be in the realm of the Hawks/Penguins fairly soon and challenging for position in the playoffs.
Those 'fans' have seen the Oilers pick three top young players, have a host of other young prospects in minor leagues, Europe, etc, and picked up the top young defenceman that every other team wanted.

I don't propose trades because these so called fans will whine, ***** and complain about them no matter how good, poor, realistic, they are so I'm not sure why Oiler fans ever even try to have a rational conversation with most of these people.

In a couple of years there will be plenty of fans trying to get any of the Oil's top 20 players and they know it so, for now, they need to get their digs, etc, forgetting that pretty much every team in the league was once at the bottom....including their own beloved teams..Have a look back at history folks...Or perhaps, you already have and are really afraid because you know the Oil is rising to the top and every other team will, again, have their turn at the bottom...

Ahhh, it's great to be an Oil fan...

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:33 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Have you not watched Gagner since his rookie year?

1. Gagner is good enough for top six duty on a lot of teams.
2. Gagner's face-off ability has improved drastically over the last year. He's still no world beater, but he's not nearly as bad as you claim he is.
3. You're right, Gagner is NOT suited for a bottom six role. Its a good thing that he's good enough to play top six on most teams (including the one making this proposal)
4. A lot of Gagner proposals are from other teams fans, not Oil fans. Some of us want Gagner gone, but only if we can get a bigger body to play the same role, considering we already have RNH, Eberle, Hemsky as small forwards.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Kulikov isn't Erik Karlsson you realize, right?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:35 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
I'm not actually sure where the bidding starts on Kulikov.

Klefbom and Hemsky +

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Whoyawit*

Quote:
Is this a joke?
I think you forgot the sarcasm face.

Whoyawit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Petry + Gagner for Kulikov.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Kulikov has his own flaws, as well.

You have to give to get.

I'm actually a Panthers fan. Most of the top free agents have signed, Semin is realistically not coming here, and I really think that Gagner has more skill than he's shown. He's only 22, himself. Even if he puts up the point totals that he's put up so far in his career, he's still better than what we currently have up front.

Edmonton probably doesn't care to have him because...well, they have RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yapukov. It's easy to not think much of a forward when you have drafted four studs, making that forward someone who's no longer a necessity.
Right, you have to give to get. With a young D of Kulikov's ceiling, the Cats would need a forward with similar upside (i.e. one of the big 4, with pieces added on either side), or a comparable upside D (which EDM doesn't have, and would defeat the purpose of the trade if they did).

A 40 point center with no defensive game, who can't win a faceoff, and is softer than butter is not comparable to Kulikov and his upside.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
9GWG9

Quote:
Right, you have to give to get. With a young D of Kulikov's ceiling, the Cats would need a forward with similar upside (i.e. one of the big 4, with pieces added on either side), or a comparable upside D (which EDM doesn't have, and would defeat the purpose of the trade if they did).

A 40 point center with no defensive game, who can't win a faceoff, and is softer than butter is not comparable to Kulikov and his upside.
Where are you?

It really is hot on the eastern seaboard!

May I suggest you pick up your pc and go indoors and cool off.

9GWG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Petry + Gagner for Kulikov.
This is probably what they would ask for which I would hope Tambo never considers. I think Petry is nearly as good, and it would leave Horc as our 2nd line C. No thanks.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Gagner +?
Seriously? Awful.

I like Gagner - but if you're dealing a potential cornerstone defensman, you need to get a potential cornerstone forward back. Gagner is going to be a good 2nd line center, but that's probably it. Terrible idea.

Gagner for Ellerby + a decent prospect would make more sense. McFarland? Robak? Someone like that.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:02 PM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
This is probably what they would ask for which I would hope Tambo never considers. I think Petry is nearly as good, and it would leave Horc as our 2nd line C. No thanks.
not sure what petry and kulikov you've been watching...

i like Gagner, though, but not for Kuli

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote