HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

U.S. Forces Beat Back Ambushes in Central Iraq, Killing 46

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2003, 02:31 PM
CoyoteBaloney

vCash: 500
U.S. Forces Beat Back Ambushes in Central Iraq, Killing 46

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/30/in...4&partner=UNTD

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: November 30, 2003

IKRIT, Iraq -- U.S. troops repelled simultaneous attacks Sunday afternoon in the northern city of Samarra, killing 46 Iraqis, wounding at least 18 and capturing eight, the U.S. military said. Five American soldiers and a civilian were wounded.

Old
11-30-2003, 02:35 PM
punchy1

Poor freedom fighting Iraqi nationalists. Killed in cold blood by that traitor Bush. I bet he stood there with a really big gun and shot each and every one of those innocent peace loving people. A Democrat would never had done that. I bet they were all women and children and that we danced around their corpses and then kicked them and gutted them and drug them through the streets and such oh wait, that is what they do, not the American and its allies.

Just having another tug lads, no harn intended.

Old
11-30-2003, 02:37 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Poor freedom fighting Iraqi nationalists. Killed in cold blood by that traitor Bush. I bet he stood there with a really big gun and shot each and every one of those innocent peace loving people. A Democrat would never had done that.
Yeah, you're right. A democrat would have said, "Monica stand up, I think I just heard my wife coming downstairs."

Old
11-30-2003, 02:43 PM
punchy1

Was her girlfriend downstairs with her? Did I miss an article during that whole thing? Oh and would he really make her stand up? I doubt it, why take a chance at having to look at her. I think he would have said "crawl completely under my desk so I can sneak out without having to look at you". Just an opinion.

Old
11-30-2003, 02:50 PM
dempsey_k*

Quote:
Poor freedom fighting Iraqi nationalists. Killed in cold blood by that traitor Bush. I bet he stood there with a really big gun and shot each and every one of those innocent peace loving people. A Democrat would never had done that. I bet they were all women and children and that we danced around their corpses and then kicked them and gutted them and drug them through the streets and such oh wait, that is what they do, not the American and its allies.
If Bush personally did that (got himself in danger to fight for his cause), I'd have much more respect for him.

What Bush actually does though is goes hunting with Prince Sultan of Royal House SAUD, and yells "Bring Em On" in reference to growing numbers of terrorists.

In reference to the growing number of russian partisans commiting terrorist acts against the Wehrmacht in the Ukraine and Pripet marshes, Hitler had something similar, although much more literate to say : "We should bring them out to fight, that way it will be easier to get rid of them".

Both of them didn't say it at the front.

I believe I'm actually registered with the alaska DMV as Republican, so this "Democrat" stuff that your black and white world suffers from is nothing but hilarious.

to our soldiers victory today

Old
11-30-2003, 05:25 PM
punchy1

Great comeback Moulder. Another of your brilliant conspiracy theories where the only thing missing are the aliens and that bloke which is always smoking. Great crack though.

Old
11-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Teemu

Quote:

Just having another tug lads, no harn intended.
ooh, i had a nice laugh there...

Old
12-01-2003, 03:10 AM
Safir*

The Western media: 46 killed and 20-something wounded
The Arab media (according to locals in the village and the hospital): 8 killed (all civilians) and 55 wounded

WTF??? I'll say the occupation forces killed 10-25 (rebels and civilans) and wounded 35.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:59 AM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey_k
If Bush personally did that (got himself in danger to fight for his cause), I'd have much more respect for him.
Hollywood is not real life. Only Independance Day has a sitting President going into combat.

Why would an over 50 man whose job isn't to engage in hot zones earn your respect?

Let those who have choosen that career do their job without interference from someone whose job it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey_k
to our soldiers victory today
Finally, something I can support you on.

Old
12-01-2003, 05:42 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
The Western media: 46 killed and 20-something wounded
The Arab media (according to locals in the village and the hospital): 8 killed (all civilians) and 55 wounded

WTF??? I'll say the occupation forces killed 10-25 (rebels and civilans) and wounded 35.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._re_mi_ea/iraq

U.S.: 54 Iraqis Killed in Samarra Battle

Quote:
By SABAH JERGES, Associated Press Writer

SAMARRA, Iraq - The U.S. military said 54 Iraqis were killed in the northern city of Samarra as U.S. forces used tanks and cannons to fight their way out of simultaneous ambushes while delivering new Iraqi currency to banks. But residents said Monday that the casualty figure was much lower and that the dead were mostly civilians

Residents of Samarra disputed those figures, saying at most eight or nine people died. Three bodies lay in the hospital morgue. There was no way to reconcile the accounts.
Chalk the difference in the numbers up to the fog of war.

Probably somewhere in the 15-20 range as TomACE said.

Closed Thread