HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 06:53 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Blues Trade Proposals Part 3

Part 2

Continue here.

Old
07-05-2012, 06:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
How many parts can we get to before a trade is actually made?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:07 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

In the last 12 months, have there been any trades besides Russell-Nikitin and Bishop to Ottawa?

Old
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
In the last 12 months, have there been any trades besides Russell-Nikitin and Bishop to Ottawa?
Oh forgot about the Bishop trade. I think the original thread started after the Russell-Nikitin swap.

Those are the only 2 trades and I guess we could count Grachev for a 3rd round pick at last year's draft.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
BlueDream

The roster player I would be willing to package with draft picks is D'Agostini as I view him as extremely expendable.

I'd be alright with Cole-Jackman-Russell though. I would assume Woywitka would then be the 7th which would be fine.

Still would prefer to land someone though just for depth. Because if there's an injury and Woywitka is in the top 6 with Chorney as your 7th...I don't like that as much. Who knows if Cole can handle it.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I hope Bouwmeester becomes Detroit's "savior"

Old
07-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I hope Bouwmeester becomes Detroit's "savior"
Hope they pay a saviors price for him too

Old
07-05-2012, 09:09 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
Okay, so I'm bored watching the cards game. Let's spice things up. Not really based on outside fans' views but what do you think about this lineup? Better? Worse? The same?

B Ryan Backes Steen
Perron Bergie McDonald
D'agastini Soby Tank
Crombeen Nichol Reaves

Gormley Petro
Jackman (oshie level defender)
Russell Polak
Cole

Halak/Elliot

In: Bobby Ryan, d-man equal value to Oshie (haha), Gormley
out: shattenkirk, Stewart, Schwartz, oshie

Trades:
Ryan for Stewart and shattenkirk
(I know ducks fans want a center back but lets just say that they value shat a lot).
Oshie for young stud d man to play either side.
(losing oshie hurts be you upgrade him and Stewart to bobby Ryan on the wing)
Gormley for Schwartz.
(deal has been kicked around a lot and I really like it.)

Am I fired or what? Still need to address the 3 c but I just couldn't think of anything. I feel like I left somebody out of the lineup but I'm not sure...

Old
07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

We lost a lot of offensive depth and didn't really improve defensively. I wouldn't do that, but that's just me.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Yeah, our current lineup is already short on forward depth so i figure there will be at least some depth veterans still signed but I see your point. I just really would love to have bobby Ryan on our team ha. I see it as a lateral move for this year defensively with the potential for gormely to be a real stud in a year...

Edit: the only depth spot we really lose is stewarts which I don't think he fits in our system under hitch and Ryan can generate offense on his own.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Yeah, our current lineup is already short on forward depth so i figure there will be at least some depth veterans still signed but I see your point. I just really would love to have bobby Ryan on our team ha. I see it as a lateral move for this year defensively with the potential for gormely to be a real stud in a year...

Edit: the only depth spot we really lose is stewarts which I don't think he fits in our system under hitch and Ryan can generate offense on his own.
Third line goes from Schwartz-Steen-Stewart to D'Agostini-Sobotka-Tarasenko, which means we lost a lot of depth scoring.

An Oshie level defender will be worse than Shattenkirk IMO, so the only true upgrade for next season would be Bobby Ryan, but with the combined offense that we lose, he doesn't make up for it.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

I see shattenkirk and oshie as really close in value so it would be more of a wash IMO. What if you scratched everything I proposed and made it oshie + Stewart and whatever mid level asset might need to be added for Bobby ryan. That would be under the assumption that the ducks would put oshie as 2nd line c and put Stewart on getzlafs wing but lets not worry about their side for my fantasy sake... Would you be comfortable with Schwartz steen dags as the 3rd line? I guess it all comes down yo what army could really get in return for Stewart since I see him as the odd man out with the current system. Would love for him to prove me wrong...

Old
07-05-2012, 10:22 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I don't realistically see us going after Ryan, but if we did, I wouldn't trade more than 2 of our top 9 forwards. And that's in total among other deals as well. I don't think we can afford to lose that much talent on offense.

Old
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

For the record, I'm fine with the direction and patience that the team is showing in free agency and in general. I just decided to get a bit crazy in fantasy land tonight. I'd be more than happy if army can turn Stewart and a non Schwartz/tank prospect or picks into a legit lhd or 2c. I just don't see stewy helping his trade value this season if we stick with him so I'd rather see him dealt sooner than later. If we trade any other top 9 forwards to address other needs and expect Stewart to bounce back, I think that would be a mistake...

Old
07-06-2012, 05:24 PM
jeromeo87

Hey Guys - Canes fan here. Apparently, you guys need a top pairing, left-handed dman. Canes need a top 6 forward. With Perron just signing a deal, and talks of trying to T.J. Oshie to a long deal, I was wondering: what would a deal around Pitkanen for Berglund look like? What would Carolina have to add? And would you consider Berglund a 2nd line center? Thanks, guys.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Hey Guys - Canes fan here. Apparently, you guys need a top pairing, left-handed dman. Canes need a top 6 forward. With Perron just signing a deal, and talks of trying to T.J. Oshie to a long deal, I was wondering: what would a deal around Pitkanen for Berglund look like? What would Carolina have to add? And would you consider Berglund a 2nd line center? Thanks, guys.
We'd need at least a 2nd line center in return in some sort of package.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Quote:
Berglund is the second line center. The Blues are very short on centers to begin with. We really can't afford to trade Bergie without a comparable center coming the other way.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:22 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
You'd need to target a winger. Not sure how I feel about Pitkanen, but pretty much any trade including Berglund is a nonstarter.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

I'm just curious if you could see Polak moving. I noticed he was tied for 4th in ice time for D.

I just know Armstrong has always been a big Morrow fan, and I saw that the Langenbrunner offer was taken back.

Would he be available if Dallas offered something like Morrow+Fistric/Robias for Polak?

Old
07-06-2012, 08:36 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm just curious if you could see Polak moving. I noticed he was tied for 4th in ice time for D.

I just know Armstrong has always been a big Morrow fan, and I saw that the Langenbrunner offer was taken back.

Would he be available if Dallas offered something like Morrow+Fistric/Robias for Polak?
Polak won't be moved. He is on an incredible contract and plays great defense.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

I'm gonna say "no," but Armstrong might know something about those players that we as fans don't know.

Armstrong has shown himself to be one of the smartest GM's in the league, if not the smartest, and I can't see him making a deal in which he does not get the best player. It depends on whether or not Armstrong considers Morrow to have more value to the Blues than Polak currently does.

And when you've got three former first-rounders on the defense ahead of you (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jackman), it's hardly surprising that Polak would be fourth in ice time for defensemen.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
And when you've got three former first-rounders on the defense ahead of you (Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Jackman), it's hardly surprising that Polak would be fourth in ice time for defensemen.
I definitely wasn't questioning why he was tied for 4th because I understood that, and with the other response it would make sense to hold on to such a good contract.

I was just curious if the fact that there was so much talent in front of him if they'd consider shopping him.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
I definitely wasn't questioning why he was tied for 4th because I understood that, and with the other response it would make sense to hold on to such a good contract.

I was just curious if the fact that there was so much talent in front of him if they'd consider shopping him.
I don't know who would fill in for him. He is a huge part of our d, especially on the PK. I really have no interest in Morrow - love his play level, but doesn't fit into our line up (Backes, Oshie, Steen all play simular styles - so he doesn't add anything to our line up that would be worth the down grade in D).

Old
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 1598
Yeah I don't see Polak moving. He's just one of those players that has a lot more value to the team that he's on than he does in a trade. Polak is valuable because of his fantastic contract, and his consistency. He's just very steady. I'd be very sad to see him go.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

Thank you for the info. I know Dougie Armstrong has called on several former Stars as STL GM so I wouldn't be surprised to see Morrow at some point in Blues uniform.

Maybe it'll be a rental at the deadline. Polak doesn't make a ton of sense though, and I see that now.

Closed Thread