The 2012-2013 Boston Celtics Thread: Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Lets be honest if Allen wanted to stay with the Celtics he would have already signed. Obviously he doesn't want to sign here because of Rondo etc. Have fun in Miami playing 12 minutes a game Ray thanks for the Championship.
Rondo isnt exactly a well like guy is he?

He had a major issue with Allen....refusing to pass him the ball when he was wide open for 3's, instead choosing to dribble it back out top.

Paul Pierce has had well known issues with Rondo....as has KG.

And he and Doc have butt heads over and over since he was drafted.

Later

Old
07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine View Post
Rondo isnt exactly a well like guy is he?

He had a major issue with Allen....refusing to pass him the ball when he was wide open for 3's, instead choosing to dribble it back out top.

Paul Pierce has had well known issues with Rondo....as has KG.

And he and Doc have butt heads over and over since he was drafted.

Later
Are you a high IQ version of the poster Dojji needing to have a controversial opinion with the Rondo hate?

I like your posts you know what your talking about but I remember you going out of your way to bash Marchand after he was our best skater against teh Canucks and passing along stories of things he said on the ice to get under other players skin (that shouldn't leave the rink or make it to message boards I've said stuff in a locker room or in a scrum in front of the net that I'd only say elsewhere maybe in a bar fight or something not in front of the world doesn't way happens at the rink stay at the rink?)

If Rondo is such a punk how come he is the least selfish PG in the NBA on the court? Name a point guard who has the talent to score 15+ a game who ALWAYS looks to pass first like Rondo! YOU CAN'T HE IS THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE NBA! GO LOOK UP THE STATS YOU GONNA TRY AND TELL US NASH WHO ISN'T A SHELL OF HIS 2005-2008 SELF IS BETTER STILL? OR WHOVER THE FREAK IS #3 IN ASSISTS PER GAME?

WHY THE FREAK DOES HE NEED TO PASS TO ALLEN WHEN RAY IS SUCKING AND HOBBLING AROUND AND (I THINK) THE CAREER FT% LEADER CANT EVEN HIT THOSE? ITS HIS TEAM NOW AND THATS WHY WE ALMOST TOOK OUT THE HEAT BECAUSE PP AND KG ACCEPTED THIS!

Rondo was probably right not passing to Allen cause he saw him missing FTs and knew he'd brick the 3 and give the other team a fast break. Rondo can't play a lot of transition D he will get in foul trouble (nor can he pressure the ball handler for more than a couple minutes a game.)

Allen was bad this year. BAD. As in not worth 12 mil over 2 years. His high scoring games where he scored a lot came with other guys were off. He was a weak link the rest of the year. I still give it to him because I think he fits Miami perfectly (he can hit the shots Miller Jones Battier did) so I sign him and tell him to go play for the NBDL team. He only played well a few games in the playoffs. When he was forced to be the guy with KG and PP starting slow he sucked flat out (and then got hurt). Has Allen had a Mark Recchi-like impact on our dressing room where he is out and out altruistic and deserves a pass on anything since he is such a great influence? Nope...I give KG credit for being that kind of presence but Allen isn't a great leader. He is a solid human being and person of the court (that will change when he goes to Miami a little for me but not much) and is a good player but he isn't a star anymore. I'd rather accomodate an aging Pierce than an aging Ray Allen.

Jeff do you think Pierce in 2 years will be as selfish as Allen is right now whining about being behind Avery? Or do you think Peirce will just want to add to his rings and take the eventual demotion in stride?

Edit- 1st- Sorry if this post is rude Jeff or flaming. 2nd- I didn't make a point that I think you are emphasizing the part of the season which almost "didn't happen" that wasn't our real team at the beginning of the season. We were as big a joke as the Knicks. Once we stopped being a joke like the Knicks Allen was bad. So I can't really credit him like you do for being our best player early in the year when the Celtics were behaving like the Knicks.

Last edited by MarshmontMcSlewfoot: 07-06-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
CDJ*

Allen was not bad last year. As a matter of fact, he shot the highest percentage from three in his career. Very common misconception that he was bad when in fact he was our best player half way through the year, and only saw his play suffer when forced to play through injuries.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Allen was not bad last year. As a matter of fact, he shot the highest percentage from three in his career. Very common misconception that he was bad when in fact he was our best player half way through the year, and only saw his play suffer when forced to play through injuries.
Peirce and KG were literally at "glue farm" status when Allen was playing well. We'd have traded all 3 of them for the right offer.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Are you a high IQ version of the poster Dojji needing to have a controversial opinion with the Rondo hate?

I like your posts you know what your talking about but I remember you going out of your way to bash Marchand after he was our best skater against teh Canucks and passing along stories of things he said on the ice to get under other players skin (that shouldn't leave the rink or make it to message boards I've said stuff in a locker room or in a scrum in front of the net that I'd only say elsewhere maybe in a bar fight or something not in front of the world doesn't way happens at the rink stay at the rink?)

If Rondo is such a punk how come he is the least selfish PG in the NBA on the court? Name a point guard who has the talent to score 15+ a game who ALWAYS looks to pass first like Rondo! YOU CAN'T HE IS THE BEST DISTRIBUTOR IN THE NBA! GO LOOK UP THE STATS YOU GONNA TRY AND TELL US NASH WHO ISN'T A SHELL OF HIS 2005-2008 SELF IS BETTER STILL? OR WHOVER THE FREAK IS #3 IN ASSISTS PER GAME?

WHY THE FREAK DOES HE NEED TO PASS TO ALLEN WHEN RAY IS SUCKING AND HOBBLING AROUND AND (I THINK) THE CAREER FT% LEADER CANT EVEN HIT THOSE? ITS HIS TEAM NOW AND THATS WHY WE ALMOST TOOK OUT THE HEAT BECAUSE PP AND KG ACCEPTED THIS!

Rondo was probably right not passing to Allen cause he saw him missing FTs and knew he'd brick the 3 and give the other team a fast break. Rondo can't play a lot of transition D he will get in foul trouble (nor can he pressure the ball handler for more than a couple minutes a game.)

Allen was bad this year. BAD. As in not worth 12 mil over 2 years. His high scoring games where he scored a lot came with other guys were off. He was a weak link the rest of the year. I still give it to him because I think he fits Miami perfectly (he can hit the shots Miller Jones Battier did) so I sign him and tell him to go play for the NBDL team. He only played well a few games in the playoffs. When he was forced to be the guy with KG and PP starting slow he sucked flat out (and then got hurt). Has Allen had a Mark Recchi-like impact on our dressing room where he is out and out altruistic and deserves a pass on anything since he is such a great influence? Nope...I give KG credit for being that kind of presence but Allen isn't a great leader. He is a solid human being and person of the court (that will change when he goes to Miami a little for me but not much) and is a good player but he isn't a star anymore. I'd rather accomodate an aging Pierce than an aging Ray Allen.

Jeff do you think Pierce in 2 years will be as selfish as Allen is right now whining about being behind Avery? Or do you think Peirce will just want to add to his rings and take the eventual demotion in stride?

Edit- 1st- Sorry if this post is rude Jeff or flaming. 2nd- I didn't make a point that I think you are emphasizing the part of the season which almost "didn't happen" that wasn't our real team at the beginning of the season. We were as big a joke as the Knicks. Once we stopped being a joke like the Knicks Allen was bad. So I can't really credit him like you do for being our best player early in the year when the Celtics were behaving like the Knicks.
With regards to the least selfish part, rondo does not shoot well. If he wasn't super unselfish, he might not see the floor all that often.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:51 PM
kman22

Just saw A. Sherrod Blakely retweeted that Ray Allen might not be the Heat's top choice with their $3 million exception, but rather that it might be Marcus Camby.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
kman22

Ray Allen to the heat for 3 years. Bummer.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Uh, I had a bad feeling about 5 mins ago about this and sure enough just happened.

I hate him so much always had more love for the rest of them. What a coward to stab the guys he went to battle with a few weeks ago in the back. Complete loser. Hope his Mom enjoys getting booed on our jumbotron.

The only consolation is that we will be better (so are Miami though) without him. AND that KG, PP, and Rondo will get more love now.

I hate Allen though.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:05 PM
PatsFanDano

Anywhere else but Miami for less money.

Dead...To...Me

Last edited by PatsFanDano: 07-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old
07-06-2012, 09:09 PM
CDJ*

Shut the **** up dude. We get it.

Don't know how you can hate Ray. Do I like him less? Sure. But in the age we are in today where money trumps all and athletes are primadonnas, Ray Allen is a rare bird. Very classy individual who gave back to the Boston community immensely and helped us raise a banner.

If he thinks he has a better chance to win with the Heat, then so be it. It's not like he was a Celtic lifer or anything and he has a legacy to preserve. More power to him.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:10 PM
kman22

Quote:
Uh, I had a bad feeling about 5 mins ago about this and sure enough just happened.

I hate him so much always had more love for the rest of them. What a coward to stab the guys he went to battle with a few weeks ago in the back. Complete loser. Hope his Mom enjoys getting booed on our jumbotron.

The only consolation is that we will be better (so are Miami though) without him. AND that KG, PP, and Rondo will get more love now.

I hate Allen though.
I enjoyed reading that he thought he had built up enough respect between playing at UCONN and for the Celtics, that the fans here would not be angry that he bolted for the Heat. He must be one of those athletes that really blocks out everything except the game. Fans here are brutal, especially when a guy leaves for a rival team.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:14 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Nah this move is scummier than LeBrons decision (cleveland is a hell hole these guys aren't slaves that move was justified.)

Allen spit in the Celtics organizations face because we had the nerve to try and get OJ Mayo for him and went to the team who beat us in 7 games 4 WEEKS AGO!

Noone would care if he went anywhere else, he took less money to beat US and stick it to US when the Celtics were nothing but good to him. Did Johnny Damon take a pay cut to go to the Yankees??? (I think Damon went for more money not less.)

Big Baby is more of a legend than he is right now.

Glad his stank ass is off my team I don't root for cowards. Hope his mom gets put on the jumbo tron when we play the heat next year, I am praying they throw her on there.

Public Enemy #1.

Allen went from the second or third best team to the best team in the NBA. THis isn't Bourque leaving a team that won't make the playoffs for a contender.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Haven't lost an ounce of respect for Ray tonight for what it's worth. As I said in the Parise thread, when people change teams for money, they get criticized for chasing the money. When they take pay cuts to change teams, they still get criticized.

Ray left to go to a better team where he'll get more playing time. The only reason to stay in Boston would have been the money.

Loyalty? Please. Where was the loyalty when Rondo wanted Avery Bradley to start over Ray?

Old
07-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Mancini0518

Quote:
Nah this move is scummier than LeBrons decision (cleveland is a hell hole these guys aren't slaves that move was justified.)

Allen spit in the Celtics organizations face because we had the nerve to try and get OJ Mayo for him and went to the team who beat us in 7 games 4 WEEKS AGO!

Noone would care if he went anywhere else, he took less money to beat US and stick it to US when the Celtics were nothing but good to him. Did Johnny Damon take a pay cut to go to the Yankees??? (I think Damon went for more money not less.)

Big Baby is more of a legend than he is right now.

Glad his stank ass is off my team I don't root for cowards. Hope his mom gets put on the jumbo tron when we play the heat next year, I am praying they throw her on there.

Public Enemy #1.

Allen went from the second or third best team to the best team in the NBA. THis isn't Bourque leaving a team that won't make the playoffs for a contender.
So this is worse than a Franchise top 10 player of all time leaving the team and city he grew up near by announcing it on TV instead of telling the team his plans so they could recoup some value? Take a deep breath

Old
07-06-2012, 09:19 PM
CDJ*

Ray is not a coward. He is not the one badmouthing a guy that was nothing but professional on and off the court from behind a keyboard.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Ten Thousand Hours

Quote:
So this is worse than a Franchise top 10 player of all time leaving the team and city he grew up near by announcing it on TV instead of telling the team his plans so they could recoup some value? Take a deep breath
Neither were scummy actually.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Will always root for Ray as an individual. Have since his days at UConn. It sucks he's going to Miami but I'm not going to bash him for it.

Thank you Ray Allen for all you have done for the Celtics and Boston! Best of luck (unless you're playing the Celtics).

I am Boston Strong

Old
07-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Hate Ray? What a joke. He clearly want's another ring and if you think he has a better chance with the celtics then that, well keep the green-teamer koolaid stocked up. Ray hit some big shots for this team in his day, can't forget those. Also the Terry signing was the writing on the wall.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
PatsFanDano

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Shut the **** up dude. We get it.

Don't know how you can hate Ray. Do I like him less? Sure. But in the age we are in today where money trumps all and athletes are primadonnas, Ray Allen is a rare bird. Very classy individual who gave back to the Boston community immensely and helped us raise a banner.

If he thinks he has a better chance to win with the Heat, then so be it. It's not like he was a Celtic lifer or anything and he has a legacy to preserve. More power to him.
Everything you say is true. Can't dispute any of it.

And I don't hate Ray but it still pisses me off he went to the team that knocked the C's out 2 years in a row. And you can say Miami is the better team but if the C's had been healthy and hadn't run out of gas in that game 7 this year....the tough thing is he could be the swing vote come playoff time next year which really sucks for Celts fans.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
Actp
DO NOT TRADE KREJCI!

All good things........I do not think Ray will help Miami that much as they run a totally different style of offense. THe problem for the Celtics is that Bradley will not be back until December. That basically leaves them where they were last year, except a year older.....

Btw if they sign Jeff Green for 10 million a year for four years it will be the second stupidest free agent signing in any sport this year....Jeff Green is a very medicore total tweener. I think Ainge lost his mind.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Ray naturally "likes" Boston as a city to live in more than any of our other players. In their post playing days KG, PP, Rondo aren't going to be anywhere close to Boston except for a day or two every few years. Allen will.

Cleveland is the least (or top 3) desirable NBA city to live in. Miami might be the most. LeBron isn't a slave and wanted to live somewhere warm the next decade (Allen can't make that claim he loves New England.) Why doesn't Allen give the boys and girls club 2 million like Le Bron did if money means nothing?

We just lost to them. He turned around and joined the team who beat us 4 weeks earlier. And spit in the face of the guys he went to battle with taking half the money to do so.

He left a top 5 team not a team that might miss the playoffs.

Rondo needs a defensive guard on the floor Allen doesn't play D he just wants to go hit the b/s open threes that Battier and Miller took and have an easy ring.

(The chances that his ankles keep him off the floor next May when we'd play them are actually pretty high he might not even make it to the playoffs I couldn't care less if he went to any other NBA team.)

But he chose the Heat and I hate him. I am sure I will have company.

I am happy that Rondo KG and Peirce will be appreciated more now that Benedict Allen is gone.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguin2Marshmont View Post
Haven't lost an ounce of respect for Ray tonight for what it's worth. As I said in the Parise thread, when people change teams for money, they get criticized for chasing the money. When they take pay cuts to change teams, they still get criticized.

Ray left to go to a better team where he'll get more playing time. The only reason to stay in Boston would have been the money.

Loyalty? Please. Where was the loyalty when Rondo wanted Avery Bradley to start over Ray?
Wade played the fewest minutes per game of his career last year at just under 34 minutes. Unless he or Allen are now magically a 1 or 3, the minutes he'll get are not going to be significantly different.

Once again, the part that amused me the most was that he genuinely believed people wouldn't mind him leaving for Miami.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Some in this thread are proving 2 things I've always said....

1) The fans care more than the players.

2) That's not entirely healthy.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Some in this thread are proving 2 things I've always said....

1) The fans care more than the players.

2) That's not entirely healthy.
I'm not a NBA fan, so maybe its that, but i look at it like this. I hate the heat because of a player or two on that team, as well as the awful fan base, and quite frankly many people wouldnt have the hate if Lebron never went there. Therefore do i hate anyone that puts that jersey on? No. In my mind theres really no long standing rivalry. I imagine a diehard celts fan hates anyone thats on the Lakers like a diehard bruin fan (like myself) hates any Habs player reall, thus, I'd dislike ray more for his decision if he went to the lakers. Then again, i could really give two rat farts about the NBA so . . .

Old
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
UConn126
Bass Player.

I support Ray's decision, but I'm a much bigger fan of his than I am the Celtics.

Closed Thread