HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 03:34 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I think Tinordi's first year in the A will be similar to his first year in the O. He may skate well for a big man, but he's gotta adjust to new levels of speed, creativity and physicality.

Same when he makes the NHL. He'll look a little sluggish and bad and people will be like "OMGWTF trade this guy for a 7th"
Agreed this will be the 3rd season since Jarred was drafted and after two seasons in Hamilton he should dominate in the AHL as he did in the OHL last year.By the end of the 2013-14 season most of the prospects that join the Bulldogs this year should be cutting their teeth in the NHL with the Habs.Hopefully Galchenyuk,Collberg and Thrower are as well and possibly a pick from the 2013 draft,those changes would be almost half of the team.Wishful thinking at best probably in my wildest dreams that most would be in the NHL,but within 3-4 years the Habs will be a very strong young team.A team with great goaltending,defence and quite possibly a great offence,if everything goes the way it has the last few years.I hope the Habs get one more lottery pick to help Galchenyuk and Collberg lead the way offensively.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I would hope not, and would be shocked if so. Personally I like the idea of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Leblanc (hopefully), Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Quailer, Nattinen, Pateryn all developing in the AHL at the same time as first or second year pros. A number of them could very well end up being impact players for the Habs in the not too disant future. It's an unusally big group of youth/inexerperience to have playing at the same time but should be interesting to see how it pans out as you would hope as they improve/progress that they can help each other out and it could be huge for team chemistry down the road when he have the bulk of these kids as NHL regulars.

I assume the Habs are going to struggle next season, so I'd rather see this group work together in Hamilton in what is hopefully a winning environment, whereas on the Habs it could get ugly if the team repeats last seasons record.
I think it is clear that none of these players, other than LeBlanc
should play in the NHL next year. But LeBlanc will have a whole
uninjured off-season to improve, and build some strength. I think it
is an open question where he would be better off next season. Most
likely training camp will show whether he should stay or go back to
the AHL.
And I agree that developing on winning teams is a good thing. But
how much it means is very individual. Obviously you know this kid
and I don't. But he never seemed to me like he would be harmed by
playing on a loosing team. These things are by definition tough to
evaluate. So if he shows up in camp capable of playing 13-16 minutes
in the NHL on a weak team, that may be the best long term choice.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I think it is clear that none of these players, other than LeBlanc
should play in the NHL next year. But LeBlanc will have a whole
uninjured off-season to improve, and build some strength. I think it
is an open question where he would be better off next season. Most
likely training camp will show whether he should stay or go back to
the AHL.
And I agree that developing on winning teams is a good thing. But
how much it means is very individual. Obviously you know this kid
and I don't. But he never seemed to me like he would be harmed by
playing on a loosing team. These things are by definition tough to
evaluate. So if he shows up in camp capable of playing 13-16 minutes
in the NHL on a weak team, that may be the best long term choice.
I agree, Leblanc wouldn't have his development hampered by being on a losing team. For me I'd like to see him in the AHL playing on the top line and racking up the points instead of being shuffled back and forth from the NHL and AHL. But I would think that if the roster stays as is, then he will likely get a long hard look at camp.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
S Bah

Quote:
I agree, Leblanc wouldn't have his development hampered by being on a losing team. For me I'd like to see him in the AHL playing on the top line and racking up the points instead of being shuffled back and forth from the NHL and AHL. But I would think that if the roster stays as is, then he will likely get a long hard look at camp.
Leblanc is definitely a strong willed young man,confidence won't be a problem.Another good reason for learning the game in the AHL is it's a little slower pace and players learn to avoid injuries.They don't put themselves in bad situations where they skate with their head down and get creamed.In the NHL the speed of the game and the players are better at laying out huge hits.These kids need the time in the AHL to learn important things,so their careers aren't cut short.Remember how many times Max Pac got laid out in his first three years,besides Chara,the time in the AHL is well worth spending to save on injuries later.

Old
07-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Habaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Leblanc is definitely a strong willed young man,confidence won't be a problem.Another good reason for learning the game in the AHL is it's a little slower pace and players learn to avoid injuries.They don't put themselves in bad situations where they skate with their head down and get creamed.In the NHL the speed of the game and the players are better at laying out huge hits.These kids need the time in the AHL to learn important things,so their careers aren't cut short.Remember how many times Max Pac got laid out in his first three years,besides Chara,the time in the AHL is well worth spending to save on injuries later.
Yes, the injury risk is a factor. I've always wondered about teams
that brought real stud 18 year old players to the NHL. There could be
a greater chance of a career limiting, or even ending, injury to the
teams best young player.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Seems that Habs told Marcoux and Lagacé that they won't get a contract from them. Not surprising....but we've drafted and re-signed worst before (Lacasse) and we have worst in our system right now (Mayer)....

Old
07-06-2012, 07:23 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems that Habs told Marcoux and Lagacé that they won't get a contract from them. Not surprising....but we've drafted and re-signed worst before (Lacasse) and we have worst in our system right now (Mayer)....
Marcoux was invited to Flyers' camp too.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Have to imagine they're talking to Dell as he's been invited a million times and scouted with Kristo and Mac in UND. Carr should be on the radar but I don't know. Maybe they're not in a hurry to acquire a goalie as they're banking on Desjardins playing well enough.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
HCH

Quote:
With Price signed for six years and Desjardins, Delmas and Mayer in the system there is probably no big panic to sign a project like Marcoux or Lagace. Neither of them would be much help in the short term and there may be other/better prospects that become available over the next two or three months.

By next year, however, the team will really need to have some prospects signed.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Oh well, was hoping they would add a goalie for prospect depth but at the same time I'd rather they not sign someone then waste a contract spot on someone if they don't have good upside since we could be up against the 50 limit again this year although neither would have counted against the 50 this season, I'd like to see them grab a goalie at the draft with an extra mid round pick if possible along with getting one of the NCAA FA's next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Have to imagine they're talking to Dell as he's been invited a million times and scouted with Kristo and Mac in UND. Carr should be on the radar but I don't know. Maybe they're not in a hurry to acquire a goalie as they're banking on Desjardins playing well enough.
They could be, I haven't heard anything from the North Dakota fans, but I wouldn't sign him as he struggled all year and that would make me neverous. I'd rather him go back to ND and if he has a big year then try and sign him right after we sign Kristo. If Delmas can stay healthy and he continues to play well in the AHL (if he even gets to play in the AHL) at least the Habs would have some depth on the farm with Desjardins and Delmas, then try and grab a FA next summer if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
With Price signed for six years and Desjardins, Delmas and Mayer in the system there is probably no big panic to sign a project like Marcoux or Lagace. Neither of them would be much help in the short term and there may be other/better prospects that become available over the next two or three months.

By next year, however, the team will really need to have some prospects signed.
True, adding Desjardins gets them better depth from the top 3 they had last season (Price/Budaj/Lawson) and Delmas has been good in the ECHL plus some AHL starts, so they need to see what he can do as they might have something there at least for the AHL level. Having a solid 1 through 4 would be nice, like they did when they had the Sanford/Desjardins duo in Hamilton.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
The Habs could conceivably draft in a lottery position again in 2013,if that occurs Timmins could have a true dilemma in his hands.Which player out of all of the centers available would be the best fit with Galchenyuk(C) and Collberg(RW) my choice is Hunter Shinkaruk.Those players all on one line would rival the Edmonton Oilers line of Taylor Hall,Ryan Nugent and Nail Yakupov as the top young line of the future.You just never know the Habs might be able to draft MacKinnon then they might want to add Pacioretty & Galchenyuk.The next few years are going to be exciting for Hab fans no doubting that.
Uh no. As far as I know Galls has not played a pro hockey game yet. If TT has a chance to draft another bomb center, he does so.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:40 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Uh no. As far as I know Galls has not played a pro hockey game yet. If TT has a chance to draft another bomb center, he does so.
Galchenyuk and Yakupov were just drafted they couldn't have played pro yet.If TT is faced with a dilemma like which center or MacKinnon to draft it will probably be BPA.In which case he selects Nathan (RW) and Galchenyuk between MacKinnon and Pacioretty would be Dynamite as a line just my opinion.If MacKinnon was gone then there would be a dilemma as there are about 5 centers to choose from,my favorite would be Shinkaruk. He's Canadian and I've seen way more games of his than any of the others so far.What player/center do you like?

Old
07-09-2012, 04:29 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Did you guys hold your prospect camp yet? If yes, how'd Galchenyuk look/do? NHL ready?

Old
07-09-2012, 04:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Did you guys hold your prospect camp yet? If yes, how'd Galchenyuk look/do? NHL ready?
yes, he looked good from what i saw. Should be fun to see how he does in the OHL and WJC's.

Old
07-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I watched UND video about Kristo and it sounded like Dell was looking forward to another year and a chance to win, so he might be waiting until next year to sign.

Old
07-09-2012, 09:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
I'd rather him go back to ND and if he has a big year then try and sign him right after we sign Kristo.
I like that idea too. Desjardins -injuries aside- would be just fine this season.

Old
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
yes, he looked good from what i saw. Should be fun to see how he does in the OHL and WJC's.
cool, so i guess you dont anticipate him cracking the roster?

Old
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
cool, so i guess you dont anticipate him cracking the roster?
no, you shouldn't expect an 18 year old to make an NHL roster, but if he plays great then it will force management to make some tough choices but at this point I wouldn't pencil him into an NHL roster.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
no, you shouldn't expect an 18 year old to make an NHL roster, but if he plays great then it will force management to make some tough choices but at this point I wouldn't pencil him into an NHL roster.
That's pretty much what Rick Dudley said on Sportsnet Radio Fan 590.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/FanAu...-Interview.mp3

They can't see him rightaway in the NHL, but if he forces their hand they will have a hard decision to take.

I think he'll play the allowed 9 games and then will be returned in Sarnia.

Old
07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Yea the only reason i ask is because he has elite skill and great size. It all depends on if he puts it all together... Like any other prospect. I know Morgan Reilly after 1 fantastic prospect camp is now on the leafs brass radar for next season. Galchenyuk had similar injury problems last year.. wanted to see where hes at. Just want to know how long Toronto has before Montreal starts wiping the floor with us :p

Old
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Back to Sarnia, kid.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:24 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Yea the only reason i ask is because he has elite skill and great size. It all depends on if he puts it all together... Like any other prospect. I know Morgan Reilly after 1 fantastic prospect camp is now on the leafs brass radar for next season. Galchenyuk had similar injury problems last year.. wanted to see where hes at. Just want to know how long Toronto has before Montreal starts wiping the floor with us :p
As Canadian teams there should be a little more interaction that keeps our teams the cream at the top instead of constant bickering while neither team is going anywhere fast.Just a little food for thought it is about time IMHO.

Old
07-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Gally might get his 9 games, but I doubt he gets any more than that. I bet Reilly gets the same at the most.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Gally might get his 9 games, but I doubt he gets any more than that. I bet Reilly gets the same at the most.
I'll take that gentleman's bet - that Rielly stays in the NHL next season.

He doesn't have anything left to learn in the WHL.

Old
07-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

I just don't think we'll be competitive enough for Habs brass to feel like spending a year of Galchenyuk's ELC on next season. They have to play the long-game. When Staal stayed up, the Pens were surely going to be highly competitive that season. Wait for next year's FA crop, new CBA, and one or two of our incoming rookie/AHL crop to have a breakout season and we'll see if we can go into the season after this with a healthy and OHL-dominating Galchenyuk on the first year of his ELC and more of the pieces in place to make it worth it.

Closed Thread