HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#1/#2 Defenceman to Detroit

Old
07-06-2012, 09:29 PM
TradeBait

vCash: 500
#1/#2 Defenceman to Detroit

With the reitrement of Brian Rafalski last year, and the retirement of Nick Lidstrom along with the departure of Brad Stuart this year; Detroit has essentially seen 75% of their Top-4 disappear in two years.

After missing out on Suter, there's no question that filling out their D should be Detroit's #1 priority. (Whether Kenny Holland will do anything about it is an entirely different question.)

So my question is, what high-caliber defenceman would your team be willing to let go of, and what would the cost be?

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:31 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
With the reitrement of Brian Rafalski last year, and the retirement of Nick Lidstrom along with the departure of Brad Stuart this year; Detroit has essentially seen 75% of their Top-4 disappear in two years.

After missing out on Suter, there's no question that filling out their D should be Detroit's #1 priority. (Whether Kenny Holland will do anything about it is an entirely different question.)

So my question is, what high-caliber defenceman would your team be willing to let go of, and what would the cost be?
With the cost UFA dmen are costing this offseason I dont see many teams if any will be willing to let go of a top 4 dman. And if they do its gonna cost alot and there will be alot of competition.

jarmoismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:32 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Anytime trading a 1 or 2 requires a core player going back.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
BIG

Why does it seem like Wings fans hate Holland all of a sudden?

BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Shorthander

I wanna say Keith Ballard but I don't even think he's really on the block anymore. Not that DET and VAN would be likely trade partners anyway.

Shorthander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
jarmoismyhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG View Post
I would think it would be a minority of the fanbase. I cannot imagine the majority of the fans feeling this way but I do agree with what you are saying when you read some of the remarks made about him.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Ishad

Quote:
Because losing one player to retirement and another to family followed by not replacing them with the only free agent that fit the bill going to play close to home with a friend makes Holland a crap GM. (Especially after not giving Carle a 6 year 33 million contract)

Now the wings could try and trade for a #1/#2 D man, but a team trading Dmen will likely want forwards and the only roster forwards the wings can trade with any value are Filppula and Franzen, both of which have their value hurt by their contracts. (Filppula only 1 year, Franzen too many years)

Other GMs aren't idiots, there is no magic #1 Dman coming out of the hat. Sooner wings fans realize this the better.

Last edited by Ishad: 07-06-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
jarmoismyhero

Since alot of Wings fans are gonna be in this thread would like to ask them a question. Where you guys in on Carle at all? Or did Holland not make a play for him after losing out on Suter?

Old
07-06-2012, 09:46 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
Since alot of Wings fans are gonna be in this thread would like to ask them a question. Where you guys in on Carle at all? Or did Holland not make a play for him after losing out on Suter?
They gave him an offer of 5m per year. The term is unknown though.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
The rangers would probably be Open to shipping something over in exchange for some forward youth that we could ship to Columbus for nash

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Trade for Jay-bo. Don't know the cost.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Rickety Cricket

Any interest in Dan Boyle?

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
We don't hate him. Some of us are very upset that after failing to snag Suter, Holland tried to feed the fanbase his same "We tried hard and couldn't get it done, but we like are team going forward" BS he's been spewing the past couple of years. This has given us the idea that this is more or less a cop out from having to answer to having done nothing to improve the team when there moves that could have been made.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:51 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Just pure frustration, Holland knew this was coming; Lidstrom's and Rafalski's retirement weren't a surprise to anyone, and Stuart has been talking about going home for a while now.

It just seems like he hasn't done anything at all to try and prepare for this offseason, (unless you consider trading a 1st rounder for 3 months of Quincey an improvement). Instead he gambled everything on this year's UFA crop. And while you can't directly blame him for having Suter and Parise sign with Minny; you can blame him for refusing to do anything in the years previous and putting us in a situation where losing out on Suter & Parise leave us crippled.

His excuse for not doing anything has always been "market was too expensive" and "we have a good team, we just had bad luck with injuries". Which is ironic because now if Detroit wants to make a trade they'll have to pay significantly more than they would have before because it's a known fact that they're desprate.

On top of all this, the highlight of this years highly coveted FA Frenzy for Detroit, will likely be bringing back 35 year old Samuelsson,a third liner who will most likely be forced to play a second line role.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Interested in someone who played in the 2009 all star game?

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmoismyhero View Post
I would think it would be a minority of the fanbase. I cannot imagine the majority of the fans feeling this way but I do agree with what you are saying when you read some of the remarks made about him.
Visit our boards, pick any thread you'd like, read the first 5 posts you see, and tell me if that opinion changes.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:54 PM
CommonMeans*

'Pending on the Canucks future moves, Ballard may be available. I know he doesn't fit the criteria of #1 or #2, and I doubt the Canucks would expect a big return, but it is an option.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:56 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
'Pending on the Canucks future moves, Ballard may be available. I know he doesn't fit the criteria of #1 or #2, and I doubt the Canucks would expect a big return, but it is an option.
Kindl?

Old
07-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Alexander Baigle

Dion Phaneuf for... Teemu Pulkkinen and uh... next year's... first... round pick? Plus.. uh.... Jo- uh yeah.... Jonathon Ericcson? Is that, sometihing that would... be a trade? What?

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:57 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post

If you had a highscoring winger possibly Staal or Del Zotto, depending on the winger ofc. But you don't have good enough fwd's to get those players IMO. Since Datsyuk and Zetterberg are untouchable that is. Franzen or Filpulla are good players but they're older and not as good or valueable as MDZ or Staal. Sorry.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Cullksinikers

So many of them available.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Dion Phaneuf for... Teemu Pulkkinen and uh... next year's... first... round pick? Plus.. uh.... Jo- uh yeah.... Jonathon Ericcson? Is that, sometihing that would... be a trade? What?
I like the insecurity (albeit fake obviously) you capture the insecurity of your avatar ''George'' .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
HTK

Scuderi could be had I bet from the Kings. Not a #1 though. More like a #3. Stay at home leader with 2 cups.

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
crazyforhockey

question would you be mad at Holland if he turned down trades for a top dman because it would involve Dats or zetts going out?????

sometimes a trade that doesnt get done because its for a good reason.

as for going after Suter...sometimes a good team just doesnt get the player

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Rebuild time. It's your guys turn to lose again.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote