HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky To Pittsburgh

Old
07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
jebs

vCash: 500
More than happy to keep him. Hes still a fan fav. Oilers are close to the cap floor, there is 0 need to trade him, and to do it while his value is at an all time low for scraps would be beyond silly.
I think he will play with RNH & Yakupov this year so if he stays healthy he could massively increase his value.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:45 PM
vaseline stampede
Rookie User

Bortuzzo LOL. I don't think there's a deal to be made here.

vaseline stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Dylonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOil View Post
Games played last two seasons

Crosby 63
Hemsky 116

At least you were right on the more durable part anyway. Good boy!
I fail to see how this is comparable? You act like Crosby is injury prone over that Steckel incident.

Please show me one human being who wouldn't be that injured over a head shot like that. Please do.

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Good comparison actually. Superstar Joe Thornton bounced pucks off of Jonathan Cheechoo in a similar way that Ales Hemsky bounced pucks off of Shawn Horcoff.

75 points is impressive regardless of what year it was and if the goal totals were magically inflated.
The point of that post seems to have escaped you. 7 years can change things.

Quote:
You obviously missed the last 25 games were Hemsky's game rebounded as well.
Cherry-picked quarter-seasons do not a player make.

Quote:
You're totally right, we should wait and see if Crosby ever plays 30 games in the NHL again before we talk about his production over a season. How many games did he play in the last two years... 41 followed by 22 games??
That's not what I said.

No need to get testy - the Oilers have a sensational young core of talent. But a guy who's come back from injury and failed to perform anywhere near previous standards is going to take a significant hit to his value. Just the way it is.

Crosby's value took a hit with his long-term concussion too. It's just that when he left he was bar-none the best player in the world, and he came back producing at a better pace than anyone else in the world. So you know, not really the same thing as Hemsky at all.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 93
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Why are people even discussing Crosby here?

Crosby's value pre concussion = irrelevant

Crosby's value post concussion = irrelevant

Crosby's value is meaningless because he would not be moved. Hemsky on the other hand has been rumoured to be moved several times now, his injuries are definitely relevant to his value.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
SEALBound

I believe it was last year as Hemsky was about to become a UFA, an Oiler fan suggested/demanded:

Despres + 2012 1st + 2013 1st

Wonder if the Oilers would still be interested in that deal...

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

There was a bold assumption put in here that most pens fans would want Ales over any remaining FA's, not true. Doan is at the top of most Pens wish lists now, but with his most likelihood of wanting to stay West, that probably won't happen. And I am not high on Semin at all, but I would take him on a 1-2 year before trading with the Oil for Hemsky. Not dogging Hemskey in anyway, simply saying that the bold assumption in a post here putting him before FA options amongst the Pens fan base is very false. I'd put him at - variable of 3-5 on the option list for most Pens fans.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

If Malkin or Crosby had a legit set up guy like Hemsky, their point totals would be insane. That being said, Hesmky would get killed in that division.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:27 AM
SaskOil*
u mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
That's not what I said.

No need to get testy - the Oilers have a sensational young core of talent. But a guy who's come back from injury and failed to perform anywhere near previous standards is going to take a significant hit to his value. Just the way it is.

Crosby's value took a hit with his long-term concussion too. It's just that when he left he was bar-none the best player in the world, and he came back producing at a better pace than anyone else in the world. So you know, not really the same thing as Hemsky at all.
Hard to be an Oiler fan lately on these boards lately with the incessant trolling...Seems certain fan bases went into troll overdrive after their teams advances were recently spurned by a certain unnamed individual.

All I am pointing out is the same uncertainty surrounding injuries and the ability to put a full season together applies the same to Hemsky as it would to the best player in the world. Now don't get me wrong Crosby would still command a veritable kings ransom in a trade scenario, but Hemsky is not worth complete and utter garbage on the flip side either. In other words some people need to drop the hypocrisy.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:23 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
How about Paul Martin and conditional first round pick if he plays let's say 60 or more games?
Ha! So we trade fair value but then have to give up a 1st if we actually get what we paid for? Hilarious post.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:04 AM
helgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
Ha! So we trade fair value but then have to give up a 1st if we actually get what we paid for? Hilarious post.
Sure, i was actually thinking, that Pens wanted top-end talent for your top 6 and if Hemsky wasn't such an injury prone, Martin wouldn't be nearly enough to get the deal done, thus adding conditional pick, because healthy Hemsky on Crosby's wing is sure as hell worth it. But whatever, good luck trying to lure Doan out of Phoenix or signing Semin to reasonable deal, guy strikes me as someone, who would give up big bucks and lifelong deal, all that just to play with his favorite player Sidney...

helgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:12 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgo View Post
Sure, i was actually thinking, that Pens wanted top-end talent for your top 6 and if Hemsky wasn't such an injury prone, Martin wouldn't be nearly enough to get the deal done, thus adding conditional pick, because healthy Hemsky on Crosby's wing is sure as hell worth it. But whatever, good luck trying to lure Doan out of Phoenix or signing Semin to reasonable deal, guy strikes me as someone, who would give up big bucks and lifelong deal, all that just to play with his favorite player Sidney...
can we add a conditional 1st from the Oilers if Martin starts playing like he did in his Devil days?

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Human
cynic

only if the Oilers are taking Martin back. I don't want Hemsky otherwise...

Human is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

In before "... but he would great next to Crosby or Malkin" rebuttal.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:21 AM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
In before "... but he would great next to Crosby or Malkin" rebuttal.
Anybody would be great next to Crosby or Malkin

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoyaho View Post
Anybody would be great next to Crosby or Malkin
Not necessarily. Hence why that argument is misleading.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:44 AM
GDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
That would be nice for the Oilers wouldn't it? Unfortunately that's not how it works. I think it'd be more than fair to give a couple of our solid but unspectacular D prospects. Bortuzzo + Strait would be solid return and you'd be getting two guys that look like they'll play in your top 6 as long as you want them to. Not sure how good they'll become, but I think they're legit NHL players this year if not next.
actually that is how it works...

has hemsky asked for a trade? no so why would the oilers trade him for less then his full value?

the oilers dont need prospects who may or may not play 50 nhl games, they need established top 4 dmen or cant miss prospects on the verge of becoming one... two guys you sorta kinda like are not going to get hemsky

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan11 View Post
I would't say this so soon,Ales Hemsky currently has no value and he hasn't played healthy for 3 years.
You can be very sure this isn't true, but so is a lot you've said lately.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Hard to be an Oiler fan lately on these boards lately with the incessant trolling...Seems certain fan bases went into troll overdrive after their teams advances were recently spurned by a certain unnamed individual.

All I am pointing out is the same uncertainty surrounding injuries and the ability to put a full season together applies the same to Hemsky as it would to the best player in the world. Now don't get me wrong Crosby would still command a veritable kings ransom in a trade scenario, but Hemsky is not worth complete and utter garbage on the flip side either. In other words some people need to drop the hypocrisy.
It's not the same uncertainty, though, for the reasons I posted. One can legitimately have doubts about both Crosby and Hemsky's ability to stay healthy, but nobody has any reason to doubt that Crosby will be productive when he's in the line-up. Hemsky? Well, he produced at a worse pace than Tyler Kennedy last year.

That doesn't mean that Hemsky is worth garbage, or that his previous production is forgotten, but it does mean that his value is significantly reduced. Trust me, as a Pens fan, it cuts both ways. Paul Martin isn't worth garbage, but he sure as hell isn't worth what he was a year ago either.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:07 AM
McArthur

I want players that want to play in Edmonton and hemsky just signed a new deal. A lot of people dont understand the string of bad luck this guy went through. its gotta end sometime. And when it does, eberle, hall, rnh, yakupov, and gagner will be waiting.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:39 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Cherry-picked quarter-seasons do not a player make.
Yet, apparently cherry picked half seasons do. Hemsky missed a small amount of time at the beginning of last season while healing from surgery, but then played the entire season, while taking some pretty big hits. He is healthy again, and producing again. He has had just over half a season in his career where producing was an issue, if it was any year but last you would only have "injuries, lolz", which are in his past. Hemsky is the most underrated player on HF.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
It's not the same uncertainty, though, for the reasons I posted. One can legitimately have doubts about both Crosby and Hemsky's ability to stay healthy, but nobody has any reason to doubt that Crosby will be productive when he's in the line-up. Hemsky? Well, he produced at a worse pace than Tyler Kennedy last year.

That doesn't mean that Hemsky is worth garbage, or that his previous production is forgotten, but it does mean that his value is significantly reduced. Trust me, as a Pens fan, it cuts both ways. Paul Martin isn't worth garbage, but he sure as hell isn't worth what he was a year ago either.
You need to look beyond stats. When he first came back last year, he played awful. He was tentative, and not very effective carrying the puck. About a month before the trade deadline, he took a pretty big hit, and it was like it clicked, that he knew he could handle a hit. His game came around almost instantly. He scored a vast majority of his points after that hit, and was more effective in every situation. Hemsky was one of the Oilers best producers in the last quarter of the season. I don't think you can question his production.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Yet, apparently cherry picked half seasons do. Hemsky missed a small amount of time at the beginning of last season while healing from surgery, but then played the entire season, while taking some pretty big hits. He is healthy again, and producing again. He has had just over half a season in his career where producing was an issue, if it was any year but last you would only have "injuries, lolz", which are in his past. Hemsky is the most underrated player on HF.
Watch him play 30 games next year and put up 15 points

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Watch him play 30 games next year and put up 15 points
Watch him play 70 games and get 70 points. My scenario is more likely.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Hemsky is the most underrated player on HF.
Not Gagner?

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote