HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Subban (Malcom) To Montreal!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
  #1
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Subban (Malcom) To Montreal!

I really want to reunite all the Subban brother in Montreal!

Montreal is the team they all cheered for while growing up, they really could be willing to spend all their career in Montreal. Also, they are so cute, the public will love them and they could write a page of history.

So Boston fan, just name your price (no pun)!

As i dont think we will make the playoff next year, i dont mind giving a current player, or equivalent prospect, we can include pick to balance the deal.

I dont think having already an elite goalie like Price is a factor, by the time Subban will be NHL ready, Price could be near the end of his contract. Anything can happen by then: remember, we drafted Price while we had a Vezina and Hart winner in Theodore.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
  #2
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,404
vCash: 500
Let's get Stephen Gionta while we're at it.

And how about Hugo Price? That's if his parents ever let him out of the cellar...

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
  #3
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH
 
beantown bullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I really want to reunite all the Subban brother in Montreal!

Montreal is the team they all cheered for while growing up, they really could be willing to spend all their career in Montreal. Also, they are so cute, the public will love them and they could write a page of history.

So Boston fan, just name your price (no pun)!

As i dont think we will make the playoff next year, i dont mind giving a current player, or equivalent prospect, we can include pick to balance the deal.

I dont think having already an elite goalie like Price is a factor, by the time Subban will be NHL ready, Price could be near the end of his contract. Anything can happen by then: remember, we drafted Price while we had a Vezina and Hart winner in Theodore.
Malcolm is on record, Boston radio station, as saying he grew up watching Toronto more than Montreal. Plus, even as a Bruins fan, Price is an elite goaltender and I doubt that this contract is the last he signs with Montreal. In my opinion, with Price, Boston has the greater need for Malcom Subban than Montreal does.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 PM
  #4
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Let's get Stephen Gionta while we're at it.

And how about Hugo Price? That's if his parents ever let him out of the cellar...
Carolina reunited two Staal, Philadelphia reunited the Schenn

But the big advantage behind this, is trying to have as many players you expect to be willing to stay with your team beyond their UFA eligibility and probably take a paycut as possible.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
  #5
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
Malcolm is on record, Boston radio station, as saying he grew up watching Toronto more than Montreal. Plus, even as a Bruins fan, Price is an elite goaltender and I doubt that this contract is the last he signs with Montreal. In my opinion, with Price, Boston has the greater need for Malcom Subban than Montreal does.
So what about Rask + Thomas + Subban (Malcom) for Price? (a first offer, waiting to be countered)


Last edited by palindrom: 07-06-2012 at 10:24 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
  #6
KingWantsCup
United we stand
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,570
vCash: 50
Makes zero sense. Uniting brothers is nice, but unless it has a practical application to make the team better, it shouldn't be done just for the sake of having two brothers on the team.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:16 PM
  #7
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 16,645
vCash: 500
No thanks.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:18 PM
  #8
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Makes zero sense. Uniting brothers is nice, but unless it has a practical application to make the team better, it shouldn't be done just for the sake of having two brothers on the team.
I explained the practical application.

Its about having player willing to stay with your team at a reasonable contract beyond their UFA eligibility.

Under the current CBA, you want player like this in your team. It worth infinitely more than a Schultz to Anaheim.


Last edited by palindrom: 07-06-2012 at 10:25 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:25 PM
  #9
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH
 
beantown bullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So what about Rask, Thomas + Subban for Price? (a first offer, waiting to be countered)
I don't have a counter proposal for you as I am terrible with them, but in response to your proposal, I think that benefits Boston much more than Montreal. I'm a big Rask supporter, but Price has proven much more than Tuukka, Thomas is currently planning on sitting out, although I believe he will play if he gets moved, and Malcolm will be playing back in junior next year. So my question is, how does Montreal benefit from that deal? Even if Thomas would play for Montreal, that's a one year deal and than both him and Rask are up for new contracts.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
  #10
Dr Swag
Banned User
 
Dr Swag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: T.
Country: Canada
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
why would the habs need subban? with that ridiculous 6.5 million contract Price is their goalie whether he's good or not.

Dr Swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:33 PM
  #11
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown bullies View Post
I don't have a counter proposal for you as I am terrible with them, but in response to your proposal, I think that benefits Boston much more than Montreal. I'm a big Rask supporter, but Price has proven much more than Tuukka, Thomas is currently planning on sitting out, although I believe he will play if he gets moved, and Malcolm will be playing back in junior next year. So my question is, how does Montreal benefit from that deal? Even if Thomas would play for Montreal, that's a one year deal and than both him and Rask are up for new contracts.
If as fans from 2 differents teams we can agree on that deal, its wonderful. But before, you have to think about the paycut you will need to do to allow Boston to absorb Price cap hit.

I personally have a problem with the 6.500 000$ contract we gave Price.

Rask at 3 500 000$ is much more valuable for the 2012-2013 season. Beyond that its a gamble, but im willing to gamble the UFA age could be back to 28yo in the next CBA, so we could sign Rask to a more reasonable contract. Yes there is a Risk we could lose him as UFA, but Malcom Subban is in my view a worthy compensation.

As i dont expect Montreal to make the playoff next season, i dont mind having Thomas siting out one season, I could also try to trade him down the road.


Last edited by palindrom: 07-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:35 PM
  #12
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Swag View Post
why would the habs need subban? with that ridiculous 6.5 million contract Price is their goalie whether he's good or not.
why would the habs need Price? with that ridiculous 5.333 333$ million contract Theodore is their goalie whether he's good or not.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
  #13
BergyWho37
Registered User
 
BergyWho37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So what about Rask + Thomas + Subban (Malcom) for Price? (a first offer, waiting to be countered)
That's a crazy offer, I would say YES .. but won't happen can't see Montreal taking Thomas contract for us... Fun offer though

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:49 PM
  #14
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH
 
beantown bullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
If as fans from 2 differents teams we can agree on that deal, its wonderful. But before, you have to think about the paycut you will need to do to allow Boston to absorb Price cap hit.

I personally have a problem with the 6.500 000$ contract we gave Price.

Rask at 3 500 000$ is much more valuable for the 2012-2013 season. Beyond that its a gamble, but im willing to gamble the UFA age could be back to 28yo in the next CBA, so we could sign Rask to a more reasonable contract. Yes there is a Risk we could lose him as UFA, but Malcom Subban is in my view a worthy compensation.

As i dont expect Montreal to make the playoff next season, i dont mind having Thomas siting out one season. I could also try to trade him down the road.
You bring up a good point with cap hit. As situated now, the Bruins have Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, and Rask being RFA's with Horton and Ference being UFA's next year. That may be a reason as to why the Bruins have done nothing in free agency. We can both make points about the salary cap and how the deal would impact both teams but with the expiring CBA, we don't know what the numbers would be. Yes, Rask at $3.5 mill looks better than Price at $6.5 but with the cap potentially going up, that could be a good deal for Montreal, hell a great deal if Price pans out. As a Bruin fan would I do your trade, yes absolutely. However, I don't see Montreal making it.

beantown bullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.