Notices

Wild get Suter AND Parise

Old
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Very true. Seemed like he missed 2-3 open chances a game. I think he could get in between 25-30 on a good year, though. I'm more than happy with that.
He really does seem snake bitten but if he is only scoring 25 goals a year his cap hit is kinda brutal but I guess there isn't much that can be done about that now.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He really does seem snake bitten but if he is only scoring 25 goals a year his cap hit is kinda brutal but I guess there isn't much that can be done about that now.
Pretty brutal, but the mentorship that he has apparently been giving the young kids is great. Apparently great in the locker room, too. Never thought the ****in' All-Star would come so well-rounded.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Domino1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Let the overrating of Minnesota begin.

This move is great for them in 3-4 years, but they still need time. Their current roster has a good top six (Missing a 2nd line center), A #1 defensemen and a good prospect base.

They do however still have an awful defense, a bottom six with limited offense and a huge question mark in net.

Calgary is still arguably the 2nd best team in the division as it stands now.
And yet The Flames and Wild had the same 226 goals against, so what does that say about Calgary's defense?

Domino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:47 PM
drewskiv

vCash: 50
If u compare lines we have a 30 goal scorer on the 3rd line and two 20 goal guys on the 4 th line please stop tring to make there team sound unstoppable. I love how a team signs two guys and now the will move from 13 in the west to 4 or 5 just like that with out playing a game

drewskiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:16 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Actually, he was still "very good" 2 years ago he just wasn't great. Fans in Calgary are so spoiled by him that when he doesn't stand on his head for long stretches he gets crapped on because he looks human. I get what you are saying, but the fact is he was still above average and better than most goalies. Not very good is not accurate IMO.

The problem on this team isn't Kipper, he's our best player without question. If Feaster is serious about competing we need to get an actual #1C. If that costs us Gio then so be it, a #1C is the hardest area on a team to fill.
Yeah Kipper was still a good goalie that year. His year with Keenan was his worst, and still he made spectacular saves. A goalie gets hung out to dry when they're focused on scoring goals.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:05 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
What's really crazy about Parise and Suter is that they left really good teams that went deep into the playoffs for a poor team that went deep into the basement. It's like if Bosh and Lebron went to the Wizards. I guess winning isn't everything to people.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:11 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
What's really crazy about Parise and Suter is that they left really good teams that went deep into the playoffs for a poor team that went deep into the basement. It's like if Bosh and Lebron went to the Wizards. I guess winning isn't everything to people.
Isn't it possible that they believe they can help turn the prospects of the team around and would get much greater satisfaction out of building a team into a contender instead of just hitching their wagons to a team that is already there?

MuckOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I might as well just do this on every board since no one seems to be able to get our line-up right, which is understandable. This is just a point of reference since a lot of people have been dissecting our line-up with the new acquisitions, also understandable. When healthy, it'll look something like this:

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Bouchard - Granlund - Setoguchi
Cullen - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell
Kassian/Veilleux

Suter - Gilbert
Scandella - Spurgeon
Brodin - Stoner
Falk/Prosser

Backstrom
Harding

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
StanDarsh

vCash: 500
IMO the Wild vastly overpayed for these players, I think it will hurt them long-term. It probably gets them into the playoffs next year. But I think they especially overpayed for Suter though, no way is he a 100 million dollar defencemen, Yuk.

StanDarsh is offline   Reply With Quote