Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
07-06-2012, 07:11 AM
ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I've been trying to think of a team who has had weak drafts when it comes to Atlantic kids..Trying to figure out what team you scout for.. Val D'or maybe ?

funny....i dont scout for Val D'or. but your right, they have been horrible with drafting atlantic kids....lets see....Luc Bourdon, Alex Noel, Matt Murphy. If you knew anything about scouting and drafting in the Q, you would know that Val D'or doesnt draft atlantic kids unless they are sure to make the team. Thats' why they have very little picks from atlantic, but when they do, they are contributing 4-5yr players, or players they have traded in competitive years.

i can't wait to evaluate the wildcats draft picks of 2011, 2012 in a few years..... be careful before you talk sh$t

Last edited by ClemQ: 07-06-2012 at 07:16 AM.
ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 08:54 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
funny....i dont scout for Val D'or. but your right, they have been horrible with drafting atlantic kids....lets see....Luc Bourdon, Alex Noel, Matt Murphy. If you knew anything about scouting and drafting in the Q, you would know that Val D'or doesnt draft atlantic kids unless they are sure to make the team. Thats' why they have very little picks from atlantic, but when they do, they are contributing 4-5yr players, or players they have traded in competitive years.

i can't wait to evaluate the wildcats draft picks of 2011, 2012 in a few years..... be careful before you talk sh$t
Bourdon , that was almost 1o years ago now. Alex Noel ?? He wasn't a good pick looking back.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:24 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Hey ....wait a minute now!! i never put bathurst ahead of moncton!!! never once did i say that. If someone would ask my opinion on that, i have no doubt that moncton at this point is a better overall team and no doubt that they will finish the season in a better position than bathurst! Things can change, but that's my opinion right now.

i bet you didnt expect to hear that from me.....but that's the problem, you all assume way to much!!! instead of listening (or reading in this case)
Your no scout.....

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Your no scout.....
Exactly, if he were he wouldn't refuse to say who for.He's scared that someone on here would know too much and figure out all the scouts in that organization , and no him.

Old
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

This thread is titled Moncton Wildcats not Bathurst and who's a scout. Let's please stay on the topic of the Wildcats. There is a Bathurst thread that people can talk Titan and If someone wants to post a thread about " who's a scout" , feel free to. Either way the fact that half of these posts are not regarding Moncton is ridiculous! Lets please try to stay on topic!

Old
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
This thread is titled Moncton Wildcats not Bathurst and who's a scout. Let's please stay on the topic of the Wildcats. There is a Bathurst thread that people can talk Titan and If someone wants to post a thread about " who's a scout" , feel free to. Either way the fact that half of these posts are not regarding Moncton is ridiculous! Lets please try to stay on topic!
Thank you, I fully agree with you.

Any Matheson or Shea rumors ?

Old
07-06-2012, 07:15 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Not to much on Matheson , however its not sounding good from any articles I've read. As far as Shea , I wouldn't be surprised to see him in camp. He and his family expect him to play in the Q next season. The Dubuque situation is purely a back up plan / last resort if a deal can't be made. I could see a couple of very interested teams that have told Flynn we'll make a deal once he reports to training camp, thus making sure he comes back . Therefor , I'm predicting he gets traded in August.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:50 PM
theq

Quote:

I heard That matherson Will not report to Moncton

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
I heard That matherson Will not report to Moncton
There's a slim slim chance he will, it's Florida's call.

Old
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Mark my words... But Samuel Roussy will not make the Wildcats next year. McGurty is questionable same with Wood. If there is something I have learned over the years at different training camps, (dont know what Flynn does), but if there are younger guys who are even close to the same level, they will take the younger guys. Right now I personnally see the defence as:
Downe-Melindy
Racine-Emond
Sweeney-Labbe
McGurty-Wood
Those last four spots could really go to any defenseman on their protected list. It really is about who performs best in camp. The top four is obviously set for now but you could ask various different people in the Q world and they would give you a different opinion on who will be in these bottom spots.
Yes, I agree. Usually in that case , they choose the younger player but not when your planning on contending which they are. Flynn usually keeps 24-25 players out of camp , a few more than most teams. With training camp being one of the most fierce and competitive in while surely he'll keep 8 D and 14 forwards. IMO, Downe , Melindy , Racine , Emond , Roussy , McGurty , Wood and Sweeney will all stick. Don't think there's a chance in hell Labbe is ahead of any of those guys. However, anything can happen and this is only my opinion on the matter. We will see soon enough

Old
07-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Dogpound

Chowder Cup

Anyone going to watch chowder cup selection camp this weekend?? A few wildcats prospects playing in it..

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:51 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...id=1&nid=12384

MONCTON, NB, July 14, 2012 - Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Moncton Wildcats will trade the CHL rights to American prospect Brandon Shea to Quebec Remparts when the next Quebec Major Junior Hockey League trade period opens in August.

Shea, a 16 year-old right winger, quit the Moncton Wildcats to return home prior to the end of last season saying he wanted to be traded. He was NCAA ineligibile after having played major junior hockey in Canada and so his options were junior hockey in the USJHL or QMJHL He had previously come to the CHL after ducking out of his Boston University commitment.
Hope a conditional pick is included if he reports.

Last edited by Majik1987: 07-16-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: copyright
Old
07-15-2012, 04:19 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...id=1&nid=12372

MONCTON, NB, July 12, 2012 - The Roman Will era with the Moncton Wildcats of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League has come to an end after just one season. The 20 year-old goaltender from Plzen, Czech Republic is returning to his homeland to play professional hockey next season.

Wildcats head coach and director of hockey operations Danny Flynn confirmed Thursday that Will would not be returning after the netminder tweeted good-bye messages to his former teammates the night before.
Confirming what we already knew.. Too bad , great goalie. Wish we had drafted him at 18 and he could have got 2 seasons.

Last edited by Majik1987: 07-16-2012 at 12:39 PM. Reason: copyright
Old
07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...id=1&nid=12353

CHARLOTTETOWN, PEI, July 9, 2012 - Suffolk PEI native Ross Johnston has been invited to the Calgary Flames annual Development Camp this week in Calgary, AB. The camp features the Flames drafted players and other invited top prospects.

An 18 year-old left-winger Johnston received a lot of attention from NHL teams leading up to the 2012 Entry Draft at the end of last month but went undrafted which left the door open for him to go to Calgary.
Ryan Penny and Alex Dubeau also got invites.

Last edited by Majik1987: 07-16-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: copyright
Old
07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
mmfhockey

trades

moncton traded alex centis gorges 95 to shawinigan .....it will be confirmed when trading period starts....august 1

mmfhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfhockey View Post
moncton traded alex centis gorges 95 to shawinigan .....it will be confirmed when trading period starts....august 1

Figures. He's a good player and can play in the QMJHL but not on a contending team. Moncton are going to have a very competitive camp with only few roster spot open. Do you know what's headed to Moncton ? Most likely a pick I'd say.
Source?

Old
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersboss View Post
Anyone going to watch chowder cup selection camp this weekend?? A few wildcats prospects playing in it..
Many of them (draftees and free agents) were playing in the USA CANADA Friendship Series....Chowder cup had a low turnout

PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
CH4

Quote:
There's a slim slim chance he will, it's Florida's call.
florida stated it was Matheson call and would accept his decision. The kid is going NCAA you can forget him right now for this year.

maybe, MAYBE, there a slight chance he makes a Leblanc of himself and show up next year at 19.

Quote:
Figures. He's a good player and can play in the QMJHL but not on a contending team. Moncton are going to have a very competitive camp with only few roster spot open. Do you know what's headed to Moncton ? Most likely a pick I'd say.
Source?
I've seen that too.

either a pick or maybe in a package for a veteran. You could use a dillon Donnely or something like that. Probably a pick though as centis doesn't have great value, if any.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2012, 10:22 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
florida stated it was Matheson call and would accept his decision. The kid is going NCAA you can forget him right now for this year.

maybe, MAYBE, there a slight chance he makes a Leblanc of himself and show up next year at 19.

I've seen that too.

either a pick or maybe in a package for a veteran. You could use a dillon Donnely or something like that. Probably a pick though as centis doesn't have great value, if any.
Don't think we can re-acquire Donnelly, he was drafted a Wildcat and traded to Montreal. Plus Moncton have a surplus on D, if we did trade for a Dman it would be for an offensive defenceman who could QB the pp.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post

I've seen that too.

If Florida said that then it's done. He won't play a game in the Q.

Old
07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
If Florida said that then it's done. He won't play a game in the Q.
And I've read that as well.Tallon told media it was Matheson's decision and they'd leave it up to him. It's unfortunate but at least we get an additional 2nd rounder from Shawinigan. So 99% , if not 100% he will not report.

Old
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
And I've read that as well.Tallon told media it was Matheson's decision and they'd leave it up to him. It's unfortunate but at least we get an additional 2nd rounder from Shawinigan. So 99% , if not 100% he will not report.
TBH he's an NCAA guy... The Q would hurt him. He wants to be a more complete DMan.

Old
07-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfhockey View Post

A high maintainence room killer...you should be glad to be rid of him. If he can get his attitude in check...with all of his talent he'll go places. Until then...good luck mon ami.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
A high maintainence room killer...you should be glad to be rid of him. If he can get his attitude in check...with all of his talent he'll go places. Until then...good luck mon ami.
Really? First time I hear anything in regards to Centis-Jorge. Flynn does NOT tollerate attitude and you certainly don't want to land in his "doghouse" i.e Labelle , Thomas Flynn. Probably good for both sides, hopefully we get a 3rd, 4th or 5th in return since he was our 3rd round pick last draft.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton adds another free agent , american defenceman.

Travis Howe , 18 years old , 6'4'' 200 lbs from Falmouth , MA

Don't know anything about him. Looking at his size and the Wildcats' depth at D ,maybe an enforcer type player? Anyone has any info ?