HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

David Moss Signs for 2 Years

Old
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

vCash: 500
From Wikipedia

Quote:
Moss endured an injury-plagued season in 200708. He was unable to play the first two games of the season due to a shoulder injury while also losing time to head injuries and a leg injury that caused him to miss 19 games. He finished the season with only 4 goals in 41 games.[3] Remaining healthy in 200809, Moss set career highs with 20 goals and 39 points in 81 games
Quote:
Another shoulder injury limited Moss early in the 200910 season.[9] He scored only 17 points in 64 games for the Flames during the season
Quote:
Despite missing the first month of the season with another shoulder injury, Moss was on pace for a career season in 201011 when it was ended by a high-ankle sprain suffered after catching his skate in a rut during practice. Moss appeared in only 58 games, but scored 17 goals and 30 points. The Flames had moved Moss to center from his usual spot on right wing during the season, and he was centring the top line between Jarome Iginla and Alex Tanguay at the time of his latter injury.[12] Prior to the end of his season, Moss played in his third outdoor game, the 2011 Heritage Classic between the Flames and Montreal Canadiens.[2] Moss' injury problems continued into 201112 as an ankle injury that ultimately required surgery to repair kept him out of the lineup for 47 games.[13]
Look forward to seeing is name right under Klesla in the "injured" section of the GDTs this year.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
hbk

He's a player who actually likes to drive to the net and park himself in front. We needed someone who does that; especially on the PP.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
stasiewich
Monahan 4 president

This guy was my favorite flame, if he can stay away from injuries he can be really valuable. Moss is for sure a 20 goal guy if he can stay healthy, and he has an unbelievable work ethic. We're talking like Ryan Callahan type work ethic but with less skill. He even started last year on the Flames first line until he got injured. Throw him on your 3rd line and you guys will be happy you got him.

stasiewich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 07:32 PM
DesertDawg

It is my opinion that the Coyotes targeted Moss in anticipation of playing on a line with Gordon. Coach Tippet said that they needed secondary scoring to step up in the playoffs and they expect Moss to be that type of player. We'll see if the signing pays of, but I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised (again) with Moss.

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
It is my opinion that the Coyotes targeted Moss in anticipation of playing on a line with Gordon. Coach Tippet said that they needed secondary scoring to step up in the playoffs and they expect Moss to be that type of player. We'll see if the signing pays of, but I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised (again) with Moss.
I love what Gordon brings but if they wanted moss to chip in why would they put him with Gordon?

please trade for lombardi.

moss-lombardi-korpi on the third line sounds good to me

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
I love what Gordon brings but if they wanted moss to chip in why would they put him with Gordon?
Because Moss doesn't need a playmaker, per se, and both players are solid defensively?

Quote:

Lombardi and/or Connolly both seem like guys we're likely to kick the tires on.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:59 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post

Boedker-Vermette-Doan
Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata
Moss-Lombardi-Korpi
Torres-Gordon-Chipchura

Even with the loss of Whitney, this may very well be our best forward lineup in quite some time. Of course, this is all for naught if Doan doesn't resign...

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote