Notices

Odd man out - Bouchard?

Old
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
walloftvs

vCash: 5855
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
uuggggg the lose him for nothing crowd. there are a bunch of tools in jersey who are irrationally irrate that Lou didn't trade parise last year. they lost him for nothing!!!!!!!!

no, not really.
Better package Parise & Suter now....we are going to lose them in 13 years!!!

walloftvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:06 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walloftvs View Post
Better package Parise & Suter now....we are going to lose them in 13 years!!!
Ya to retirement...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelside10 View Post
Bouchard has been healthy in the past. The concussions are something he has to live with now and may never recover from but you can't say he's never been able to play for an entire season.

Games played per season:

'05-'06 MIN 80
'06-'07 MIN 82
'07-'08 MIN 81
'08-'09 MIN 71
You can say that about most athletes in all sports, they usually begin careers healthy, start getting injuries, then many times it's those injuries that end up ending careers. Now that his concussion troubles have gotten as bad as they are, his days are pretty numbered, most likely.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Greatwhitenorth

As far as I see it, PMB is a low-risk asset at this point. He has one year left on the books which is the real strength of the whole situation.

The Wild are in a no-lose situation. If he's fantastic and helps the team to the playoffs: win. If he's injured/terrible: not unexpected and see ya.

He's a likely victim of a numbers game down the line anyway, so I don't see much of a gamble keeping him in the lineup this year.

If he gets hurt, you get cap relief and can deal for someone or offer the youngster of the day the playing time at the big club. To me, Bulmer is his ultimate replacement (RW and all) but I would like to see him get the year in the AHL.

Again, I go back to it being a no-lose because the expectation is so low at this point that it's either he builds value for the trade deadline or he's gone at the end of the season. If he's in the lineup, I'll expect productivity.

Greatwhitenorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Dampland

vCash: 528
PMB is done. I don't see him being a contributor of any major scale to the Wild again. I certainly don't see him being re-signed when his current contract is over.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
No, he isn't done.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
kfan22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
No, he isn't done.
I would be surprised if he plays a season of 50 or more games again hope im wrong

kfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
No, he isn't done.
I think Fel needs to lay off the cool aid. 50 games in a season out of him right now sort of seems like a stretch. And I don't know how you can consider that either depth, or contributing a whole lot. Mark my words he will not be in uniform at the end of the season, and will be in the pressbox watching the playoffs if we get in this season like we are now expecting.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
I think Fel needs to lay off the cool aid. 50 games in a season out of him right now sort of seems like a stretch. And I don't know how you can consider that either depth, or contributing a whole lot. Mark my words he will not be in uniform at the end of the season, and will be in the pressbox watching the playoffs if we get in this season like we are now expecting.
Marked. I hope you're not rooting for it though (kind of seems like you are).

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I just hope Pierre-Marc will prove some people wrong now that he's pretty much 100%.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
I just hope Pierre-Marc will prove some people wrong now that he's pretty much 100%.
Another avatar bet in the making.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Marked. I hope you're not rooting for it though (kind of seems like you are).
Nope, in fact if you go back to my earlier posts in this very thread I say a few times I like PMB, but I'm just being realistic, and the smart money is on him not playing too much more in any season. And other teams feel the same way, which is why people here repeatedly keep saying he has no trade value anymore.

Being a homer is fine, but at times we have to look past our own bias, and see things as they truly are.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Another avatar bet in the making.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:20 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Nope, in fact if you go back to my earlier posts in this very thread I say a few times I like PMB, but I'm just being realistic, and the smart money is on him not playing too much more in any season. And other teams feel the same way, which is why people here repeatedly keep saying he has no trade value anymore.

Being a homer is fine, but at times we have to look past our own bias, and see things as they truly are.
Meh, I'd rather be optimistic. It's much more fun.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
How do you think I got this one? Didn't think there was a chance in hell of acquiring them. Proven wrong.

Last edited by NHL1674: 07-07-2012 at 12:28 AM.
NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
How do you think I got this one? Didn't think there was a chance in hell of acquiring them. Proved wrong.
HAHA thats funny! Your lost bet avatar ain't so bad. It could be a jealous and butt hurt Devils fan instead, LOL.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Considering we have no idea what kind of chemistry or performance this team is going to have, all this speculation is way too premature. We don't know what "missing pieces" we need, if any. Wait until the season is underway, then figure it out.
I agree with this approach. Lets wait until we see how everyone works together, then we can worry about trading people.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Sportsfan1

Bouchard was completely healthy going into last year then look what happened. Injured with concussions is not something you can assume a player can come back from, just nature of the business. I'll be SHOCKED if Bouchard lasts the season, shocked. Then if he does that should be a fun discussion in another year.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:30 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Bouchard was completely healthy going into last year then look what happened. Injured with concussions is not something you can assume a player can come back from, just nature of the business. I'll be SHOCKED if Bouchard lasts the season, shocked. Then if he does that should be a fun discussion in another year.
Even though I made this thread, nobody would be happier to see Butch play all season, and end it on a healthy note. But concussions being as they are, I'm not even convinced him playing at all any more is the greatest idea. This stuff is serious business, these brain injuries.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:33 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I gotta agree with Fel on this.

Bouch is someone who improved his point totals in like 6 straight seasons, I think he could contribute 50 points if he stays healthy, and to be fair I think it's unreasonable to consider a concussion an injury, I think it's a temporary brain disorder that could have permanent effects...

This is something that's very very serious.. It's not his fault he got these concussions and they don't make him injury prone..

Yes I know my classification of this is retarded...

I think he can play 60 next year.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
You think I like sporting a Lapanta avatar? I can't stand the guy, but a bet is a bet.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:43 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I gotta agree with Fel on this.

Bouch is someone who improved his point totals in like 6 straight seasons, I think he could contribute 50 points if he stays healthy, and to be fair I think it's unreasonable to consider a concussion an injury, I think it's a temporary brain disorder that could have permanent effects...

This is something that's very very serious.. It's not his fault he got these concussions and they don't make him injury prone..

Yes I know my classification of this is retarded...

I think he can play 60 next year.
Well I hope your right, not only could we use his skill badly, but it would be nice to see him clear this hurdle, and have a good season. I still have my doubts though, and worry for his health.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:53 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well I hope your right, not only could we use his skill badly, but it would be nice to see him clear this hurdle, and have a good season. I still have my doubts though, and worry for his health.
So do I, to be honest I fear more for his head, Espicially after Boogie, R.I.P.

I think he is a concussion away from retirement, eventually it gets to be too much I would think.
Does say alot about his character that he's still trying.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

He's so damn little too, just makes it easier to crush him. And his head is lower thus easier to be hit. Take big guys like Eric Lindros, as large as he was, and still had the same issues.

Oh well, time will tell. It appears Butch will be with us for the season so, I hope he surprises us all and has a great season. Even though in this thread I had tried to deal him off, for some other assets, lol.

Old
07-07-2012, 06:28 AM
BigT2002

Love him, seriously. He is clutch when we needed someone to be clutch last year did he not? The issue is honestly his own health IMO. Too many players in the past (in all pros) have not been able to come back to their once great playing days after suffering the amount he's suffered. He needs to realize that and make the best decision for him on that end. The team has depth across the roster for a damn change that he can take his time to get ready. Come back when he is, and hope to God no one else suffers what he suffered.

I just hope as a fanbase we don't go nuts if he signs with another team when that time comes. He truly is the odd man out because he no longer has a true home on the 2nd line unless you drop Cullen. Maybe that happens halfway through the season when one of them is finding their stride and the other one is starting lose their momentum? Cullen always starts out very strong and lingers towards the end. Bouchard seemed to pick it up as the season went on.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote