HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lars Eller re-signed for 2 years, $1.325M per

Old
07-06-2012, 11:55 PM
GordonGraham

vCash: 500
he didnt have the numbers to get more than that, yes he has some flashy moves and can score some goals but as a centerman he has no vision and he cant pass the puck to save his life =22 assist in 163 games

Thats 1 every 7.5 games

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:56 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I didn't fully read what you said. I made a mistake there. I can admit my mistakes.

ps I love patting myself on the back, I enjoy being right. Don't you?
You should admit the mistake of acting like your assessment of Eller is any more or less "right" because of the contract he signed today.

Again...what exactly are you patting yourself on the back about being "right"?

What the hell are you going on about?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:56 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post

If you say so man...
I did say so. Make an arguement otherwise.

As it stands now, you basically agreed with me. Thanks for that. I appreciate it.

macavoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
macavoy

Quote:
You should admit the mistake of acting like your assessment of Eller is any more or less "right" because of the contract he signed today.

Again...what exactly are you patting yourself on the back about being "right"?

What the hell are you going on about?
Read all of my posts in various threads today and evaluate for yourself.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
It's still a fantastic value for Eller. He's already a good 3rd line center, he's easily worth north of 2m per.

Let's take a look at Subban and what he gets, unless it's a one year deal we aren't getting a steal on him I can assure you.
I don't think it will be a one-year deal for Subban.

I predict two years at $3.5M cap hit, or 5 years at $5M.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:58 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I did say so. Make an arguement otherwise.

As it stands now, you basically agreed with me. Thanks for that. I appreciate it.
I don't make a habit of comparing a guy who has played 42 games of NHL hockey on the wing to a guy a couple of years older than him, who has played a couple of seasons at center.

Especially not when one has only had 3 years of North American experience.

But hey, keep on patting yourself on the back and keep on thinking that people "agree" with you when they laugh at your asinine comments where you seem to think you're far more intelligent than anyone else here.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
I don't make a habit of comparing a guy who has played 42 games of NHL hockey on the wing to a guy a couple of years older than him, who has played a couple of seasons at center.

But hey, keep on patting yourself on the back and keep on thinking that people "agree" with you when they laugh at your asinine comments where you seem to think you're far more intelligent than anyone else here.
Quote:
Read all of my posts in various threads today and evaluate for yourself.
I read a lot of your input in this thread, and I'd rather mainline draino than read any of it again.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
he didnt have the numbers to get more than that, yes he has some flashy moves and can score some goals but as a centerman he has no vision and he cant pass the puck to save his life =22 assist in 163 games

Thats 1 every 7.5 games
You should be raking up assists next to grinders and castaways?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
macavoy

Quote:

Why would I care if people laugh at me? I'm not 17, I don't need your validation. I'm confident in who I am and that I am right. Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make funny of people? People laughing at me, doesn't hurt me.

But your cool, cuz you tried to cut me down. It doesn't matter to me. But keep making excuses for only having 3 years of NA experience. When Pleks had 3 years of NA experience, he was outproducing Eller. Oh, look I am right again.

Keep trying to make fun of me though, I take soltace in being right, you can keep making fun of people to try make yourself feel better if that's what you need.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
You should be raking up assists next to grinders and castaways?
I'd love to see Eller on a line with a really solid playmaking guy.

A Bourque-Eller-Desharnais line could be really fun.

I think it's fair to say that Eller isn't that great of a playmaking center, the same has always been a "knock" against Plekx as well

Old
07-07-2012, 12:04 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Why would I care if people laugh at me? I'm not 17, I don't need your validation. I'm confident in who I am and that I am right. Does it make you feel better about yourself if you make funny of people? People laughing at me, doesn't hurt me.

But your cool, cuz you tried to cut me down. It doesn't matter to me. But keep making excuses for only having 3 years of NA experience. When Pleks had 3 years of NA experience, he was outproducing Eller. Oh, look I am right again.

Keep trying to make fun of me though, I take soltace in being right, you can keep making fun of people to try make yourself feel better if that's what you need.
Dude, you shouldn't care if people laugh at you.

You should care if people laugh at you continually claiming to be "right" about things. Whether you're right about these things or not (and in this case you are mixing in facts with speculation and nonsense and stamping your feet about how right you are, to varying levels of amusement) is not really paramount...what is paramount is that you come across as an arrogant know it all tool.

And most like if you "act" this way on here you probably do in real life.

All the power to you though dude. I didn't try to "cut you down" I basically am amused at you making some asinine connection between his lower end salary and how the Habs management team "views" him and how this makes you "right" about his future with the team.

I'm absolutely certain I'm far from the only one amused by it as well.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I'd love to see Eller on a line with a really solid playmaking guy.

A Bourque-Eller-Desharnais line could be really fun.

I think it's fair to say that Eller isn't that great of a playmaking center, the same has always been a "knock" against Plekx as well
Well, playmaking is about more than slowing the game down and setting up a play out of nowhere. Desharnais is a natural playmaker in the sense that he always seems to know when to set up the perfect pass, but a lot can be said for Pleks passing ability while in motion.

But yes, both Eller and Plek are the kind of guys who are more comfortable with wingers who can share the duties with them. Eller and Kostitsyn were nice together for that reason, whatever AK's flaws the man could pass and helped Eller set up.

Eller isn't naturally creative in his passing the way DD is and I wouldn't mind seeing them play together for that reason, though Eller's assist numbers were good in the AHL and Sweden suggesting he's not hopeless.

Best case scenario is that someday Eller and Leblanc play together in a two way role. Or even Desharnais, Eller as the ghetto version of St-Louis, Lecavalier.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:11 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Well, playmaking is about more than slowing the game down and setting up a play out of nowhere. Desharnais is a natural playmaker in the sense that he always seems to know when to set up the perfect pass, but a lot can be said for Pleks passing ability while in motion.

But yes, both Eller and Plek are the kind of guys who are more comfortable with wingers who can share the duties with them. Eller and Kostitsyn were nice together for that reason, whatever AK's flaws the man could pass and helped Eller set up.

Eller isn't naturally creative in his passing the way DD is and I wouldn't mind seeing them play together for that reason, though Eller's assist numbers were good in the AHL and Sweden suggesting he's not hopeless.

Best case scenario is that someday Eller and Leblanc play together in a two way role.
I dunno, both Eller or Leblanc could be ultimately suited for 3rd line role or for higher end stuff, offensively.

Will be interesting to see how Eller plays next year. A Moen-Eller-Gionta line could be really solid too.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:12 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
2.5m cap hit first year 2 second year 3.

People seriously underestimate contracts right now and forget where we are with numbers, If you fill a team with average players on a 23 man roster you should spend about 3.13m per player. Lars Eller fits that perfectly, people always complain about the cap space but jesus its hard to even get to the cap anymore
Blowhard. You were wrong when you thought you were so right.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
Et le But

Quote:
I dunno, both Eller or Leblanc could be ultimately suited for 3rd line role or for higher end stuff, offensively.

Will be interesting to see how Eller plays next year. A Moen-Eller-Gionta line could be really solid too.
Well I say best case scenario because both Eller and Leblanc project to, at best second line 2-way roles or 3rd liners. And I see Leblanc as a winger on this team. Not really something to worry about right now but the last thing we need is some artificial Leblanc vs Eller controversy.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Well I say best case scenario because both Eller and Leblanc project to, at best second line 2-way roles or 3rd liners. And I see Leblanc as a winger on this team. Not really something to worry about right now but the last thing we need is some artificial Leblanc vs Eller controversy.
Well hey, who woulda thought Plekx would be a 20+ goal 50+ point every (or close to it) season right?

Maybe Leblanc is a great fit on Galchenyuk's line in a year or two.

Maybe Eller gets converted to wing and is lights out.

Lots of options and intriguing situations to watch over the next few years.

A guy like Naatinen is completley forgotten about...he could be an unbelievable 3rd line center in a few years.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Well hey, who woulda thought Plekx would be a 20+ goal 50+ point every (or close to it) season right?

Maybe Leblanc is a great fit on Galchenyuk's line in a year or two.

Maybe Eller gets converted to wing and is lights out.

Lots of options and intriguing situations to watch over the next few years.

A guy like Naatinen is completley forgotten about...he could be an unbelievable 3rd line center in a few years.
Hey, I've been singing the praises for Naatinen for a while now. I think he can be everything we wanted Engqvist to be and then some.

Still, a lot of these guys will be disappointments but it's exciting having all these options finally.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
macavoy

Quote:
everyone with a brain?

Last edited by macavoy: 07-07-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: his 38 point season was an anomoly
Old
07-07-2012, 12:25 AM
Et le But

Quote:
everyone with a brain?
Funny thing, if you can bring yourself to dig up the thread from the Gomez trade, there was multiple posts of people saying they wish Plekanec was part of the deal over Higgins.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:28 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Hey, I've been singing the praises for Naatinen for a while now. I think he can be everything we wanted Engqvist to be and then some.

Still, a lot of these guys will be disappointments but it's exciting having all these options finally.
For sure. Really awesome to know that if Player X doesn't work out, Player Y might, or maybe Player Z, or maybe Player P who we originally thought would slot in elsewhere.

DOn't really care waht hockeysfuture has to say, this team has deep pool of young guys who will make various levels of impact over the next few years.

Old
07-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
I'm a forward minded person, i don't think in the now. We're a 13th place team that signed a young player to a SHORT cheap contract, and we're supposed to celebrate? Not me.
Your error is in thinking that 'forward thinking' means signing every player to the longest possible contract. As someone else already pointed out to you a two year contract is actually more advantageous to the club moving foward than a three year contract that would expire only a year before Eller hits ufa status.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:06 AM
The Right Price

Nice cap hit!!

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Great contract. People who are complaining just love when they are the only one to do it, they are being noticed that way. So OF COURSE, we would have preferred a 10-year deal, a 5-year deal, or a 3-year deal with the same freakin cap hit.....but any chance that when a contract is signed, it's because BOTH parties want it? So we get the great cap hit, and Eller gets 2 years to prove himself to cash in after. And with that in mind, it will surely mean some great hockey from him for the next 2 years. So we've got the cap hit, AND we've got the great hockey. Geez...let's complain now....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Good signing. Very important 2 years coming up for Eller personally and for the team. Hoping he takes his game to a higher level and puts himself firmly in the team's long term plans. Lots of question marks at the centre position, would be great if he wasn't one of them.

Agnostic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:30 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Desharnais on the wing on the first line with MaxPac?
midget will be gone

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote