HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJD offer to Parise

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Something over and done.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:59 AM
crt

vCash: 500
Love how quickly this turned into a pissing contest between ******** Devils fans and overconfident Wild fans.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:07 AM
ewoksonhoth
Pimpin' ain't Parise

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
Love how quickly this turned into a pissing contest between ******** Devils fans and overconfident Wild fans.

Not overconfident, I just see it making things a bit more interesting.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM
NJDpassantino

At leaste NJ knows how to draft and win at the same time unlike some organizations that needs a top 10 pick for a couple years to be decent. People do not realize that the Devils have some of the better young defenseman in Albany and if I remember the Devils had Eric Gelinas who had the most goals as a defenseman as rookie with 15 in the Ahl. So to say Devils prospects are not good is false.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:18 AM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
1: we aren't the Rangers, we not expecting our player to push out overpaid stars...
Do you think the Rangers were?!? Your prospects are not infallable. Wait and see, you'll have at least two of those famed prospects bust. But don't you worry, you've got Heatley!

Quote:
2: Its called a Cinderella run.. Your team experienced it.. Your definitely not the 2nd best team in hockey.
And you guys clearly are. I got it. Wait until you've actually watched hockey for more than a few months. Maybe you'll start to see reality. Who on the Wild is going to carry Parise? Heatley has always been worthless - ask a San Jose fan. Parise was the WORST Devil in +/- during the playoffs, and he didn't do anything against the Kings or Rangers. That's your boy.

Just wait and see. You guys spent $200 million on a couple of guys whose goal is an Olympic gold metal. Enjoy!

Old
07-07-2012, 01:25 AM
jonlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Do you think the Rangers were?!? Your prospects are not infallable. Wait and see, you'll have at least two of those famed prospects bust. But don't you worry, you've got Heatley!

And you guys clearly are. I got it. Wait until you've actually watched hockey for more than a few months. Maybe you'll start to see reality. Who on the Wild is going to carry Parise? Heatley has always been worthless - ask a San Jose fan. Parise was the WORST Devil in +/- during the playoffs, and he didn't do anything against the Kings or Rangers. That's your boy.

Just wait and see. You guys spent $200 million on a couple of guys whose goal is an Olympic gold metal. Enjoy!
Have u heard of a guy named Mikko Koivu?

NHL TOTALS 488 108 253 361 24 334 36 9 14 1,204 9.0

Playing only on Wild with "superstars" like Miettinen while providing Selke-worthy defense.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDpassantino View Post
At leaste NJ knows how to draft and win at the same time unlike some organizations that needs a top 10 pick for a couple years to be decent. People do not realize that the Devils have some of the better young defenseman in Albany and if I remember the Devils had Eric Gelinas who had the most goals as a defenseman as rookie with 15 in the Ahl. So to say Devils prospects are not good is false.
We got most of our prospects in the later rounds..

Old
07-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Richie10

Quote:

Wow, I give up, there's no reasoning with you I won't even bother.
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely the unreasonable one here.

Great prospect pools do not = success. Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, these are all kids that have talent, could very likely turn in some degree of NHL success, but have yet to do so. To value Granlund over a player like Henrique, who has already had success at the NHL level, is ridiculous.

Again, having a deep and talented prospect pool is a fantastic thing to have. The Wild's prospect pool is very enviable and they deserve credit, just like the Kings deserved credit in 2008 for having a great pool of players. But not every prospect pans out and even the ones that do rarely meet expectations, unless we're talking a first or second overall pick. The drop off in translated NHL success after the first couple of overall picks in every draft is dramatic.

I do not see any surefire elite talent in the Wild's system. I see a lot of good talent, a lot of depth talent, but none that screams, "this prospect will be an impact player in the NHL as soon as next season." So forgive us while we look at the science experiment going on in Minnesota right now with a little skepticism.

Granlund, Coyle, and Brodin could all go on to have great rookie seasons, at which point we can start comparing them to other young stars in the league. But until that happens, they're prospects. Prospects don't win a team games in the NHL.

Do you know how many years Canucks fans tried to convince HFBoards that Cody Hodgson was the next elite center in the NHL? Do you know how long Kings fans tried to convince THEMSELVES that Lauri Tukonen was going to be an elite 40 goal winger? Think about that the next time you try to convince us that 5'10, 180 lb. Mikael Granlund is going to step in as a rookie second line center and be this impact player.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Oh, yeah, I'm definitely the unreasonable one here.

Great prospect pools do not = success. Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, these are all kids that have talent, could very likely turn in some degree of NHL success, but have yet to do so. To value Granlund over a player like Henrique, who has already had success at the NHL level, is ridiculous.

Again, having a deep and talented prospect pool is a fantastic thing to have. The Wild's prospect pool is very enviable and they deserve credit, just like the Kings deserved credit in 2008 for having a great pool of players. But not every prospect pans out and even the ones that do rarely meet expectations, unless we're talking a first or second overall pick. The drop off in translated NHL success after the first couple of overall picks in every draft is dramatic.

I do not see any surefire elite talent in the Wild's system. I see a lot of good talent, a lot of depth talent, but none that screams, "this prospect will be an impact player in the NHL as soon as next season." So forgive us while we look at the science experiment going on in Minnesota right now with a little skepticism.

Granlund, Coyle, and Brodin could all go on to have great rookie seasons, at which point we can start comparing them to other young stars in the league. But until that happens, they're prospects. Prospects don't win a team games in the NHL.

Do you know how many years Canucks fans tried to convince HFBoards that Cody Hodgson was the next elite center in the NHL? Do you know how long Kings fans tried to convince THEMSELVES that Lauri Tukonen was going to be an elite 40 goal winger? Think about that the next time you try to convince us that 5'10, 180 lb. Mikael Granlund is going to step in as a rookie second line center and be this impact player.

LA drafted a good portion of their team..

Doughty, Voynov, Martinez, Quick, Kopitar, Lewis, Brown, Bernier, Azevedo, Clifford, Cliche, and Hickey...

They had their busts yes, but they had a great deal of succes..

The Wild are due for draft success, and after a ******** of busts there are quite of few blue chip prospects in our ranks...

Yes we no there is no sure thing... Granlund has played against men and more the held his own, no reason to think that he can't do it here, he might be a franchise guy..

You say we have no depth, look at our team boards, look at our projected 3rd and 4th lines, they're pretty dam good, yes we know we lack depth on D, we know that could be the reason we miss the plays, however we have a couple of prospects, most of which aren't pro ready.

A player who has had succes at every level has no reason to not succeed at the next... Except himself.

Old
07-07-2012, 02:18 AM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Clearly no one here actually wants to discuss the topic so i'm locking this up.