HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulikov to Edmonton

Old
07-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Punkeater

vCash: 500
I don't see why Florida would need Gagner. They have Weiss who'll be a perfect 2nd line centers when Huberdeau's ready to be the 1st center. What Florida would really needs is size on the wings. A good power forward.

Edmonton have Hemsky for trade but he's not physical enough and injury prone. Florida already have Fleishmann that fits the same mold.

++ Kulikov to Edmonton doesn't really seems like a good fit to me.

I think Florida should try to target some power forwards wingers like Chris Stewart in St-Louis or maybe even go after B. Ryan.

Easiest for Florida would be to sign A. Kostitsyn or Semin. But they really need help on the wings.

Punkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Clearly the OP doesn't have a clue about Edmonton's prospects and the last thing the Oilers need is another D prospect. Is Kulikov better the J.Schultz, no. Is he better then Klefbom, no. It's debatable if he's better then Musil, Gernat, and Marincin. Kulikov looks like he could be a great D, but Edmonton passes.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:12 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkeater View Post
I don't see why Florida would need Gagner. They have Weiss who'll be a perfect 2nd line centers when Huberdeau's ready to be the 1st center. What Florida would really needs is size on the wings. A good power forward.

Edmonton have Hemsky for trade but he's not physical enough and injury prone. Florida already have Fleishmann that fits the same mold.

++ Kulikov to Edmonton doesn't really seems like a good fit to me.

I think Florida should try to target some power forwards wingers like Chris Stewart in St-Louis or maybe even go after B. Ryan.

Easiest for Florida would be to sign A. Kostitsyn or Semin. But they really need help on the wings.
They may call Huberdeau as a center, but he has played on the wing most of his junior career.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Is he better then Klefbom, no. It's debatable if he's better then Musil, Gernat, and Marincin. Kulikov looks like he could be a great D, but Edmonton passes.
He is better than all of those and he is only 21.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:16 AM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
He is better than all of those and he is only 21.
none of those dmen are 21...

also, gagner is super washed up at 22.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:20 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
Gagner for Ellerby + a decent prospect would make more sense. McFarland? Robak? Someone like that.
Oilers have enough of the Ellerby type with Teubert, Peckham and Plante.

Donno if there is much of a trade to be made there.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
none of those dmen are 21....
And none of them have 3 years NHL by the age of 21.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:33 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
I thought PKane was underrated. Kulikov gets no love what so ever. He's an incredibly talented, established, 21 year old defenseman.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:37 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Oilers have enough of the Ellerby type with Teubert, Peckham and Plante.

Donno if there is much of a trade to be made there.
haha nice comparison Spawn.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:31 AM
PsychoDad

The Oilers are so FILLED with top end talent, watch them bomb for another 3 years just to see MSP, Hall and a half of a dozen of their other overrated prospects getting the bust label.
Klefbom better than Kulikov? You must be ****ing insane to write **** like that.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:09 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
If Kulikov was available I think there would be a lot of teams interested. As a Blues fan I would hope we would outbid a Gagner package for him. I am sure at least over half the GMs in the league would be interested in him.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:18 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Clearly the OP doesn't have a clue about Edmonton's prospects and the last thing the Oilers need is another D prospect. Is Kulikov better the J.Schultz, no. Is he better then Klefbom, no. It's debatable if he's better then Musil, Gernat, and Marincin. Kulikov looks like he could be a great D, but Edmonton passes.
Kulikov is an NHL defenseman not a prospect. As of now he is better then Schultz as he is proven to be a very good NHL defenseman. Yes he is better then Klefbom as he is a proven NHL defenseman. He's worlds better then Musil, Gernat and Marincin.

I honestly don't think you know who Kulikov is by your statement. Kulikov is a very good NHL defenseman currently with potential to be much better

As a Blues fan I would love to have Kulikov paired with Pietrangelo. I would take him over all the players you named without a second thought.

All the Oiler defenseman you listed have played how many NHL games? How can you say 2 prospects that never played in the NHL are better then a proven to be good NHL defenseman. That's like me saying Tarasenko or Schwartz are better then Hall currently.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:21 AM
PsychoDad

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
If Kulikov was available I think there would be a lot of teams interested. As a Blues fan I would hope we would outbid a Gagner package for him. I am sure at least over half the GMs in the league would be interested in him.
EVERY GM in the league would bid for Kulukov and everyone of them would offer more than Gagner and a secondary prospect.

PsychoDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Clearly you have no clue about Kulikov... He would instantly be the Oilers best defenseman

Last edited by Gritzky98: 07-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
The Oilers are so FILLED with top end talent, watch them bomb for another 3 years just to see MSP, Hall and a half of a dozen of their other overrated prospects getting the bust label.
Klefbom better than Kulikov? You must be ****ing insane to write **** like that.
just cause 1 uninformed person said that doesn't mean it's true... Everyone who knows who Kulikov is knows he's better. Relax

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Pepin le bref

Quote:
You're the one looking clueless with this statement, Kulikov has been a regular NHL player for 3 years now while the D-man from Edmonton you mentionned are nothing more than prospects so yeah Kulikov is a better hockey player now and probably in the future also.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Clearly you don't know who Kulikov is.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:48 AM
JackBauer

Quote:
What on earth?
Schultz is a year older and 3 years behind in NHL experience. He's not even better than Klefbom.
If Klefbom reaches his potential, he'll be as good as Kulikov is now.

Of all those d-men listed, 1 has played in the NHL. Guess which one is the best?

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
I hope you're not being serious, but I have a feeling you might be.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:04 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
EVERY GM in the league would bid for Kulukov and everyone of them would offer more than Gagner and a secondary prospect.
Link?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:05 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Link?
Don't need a link when it is common sense.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:05 AM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
What would the Oilers give up for Kulikov?
Without looking forward down this thread I think people wanna stick Gagner/Hemsky to Florida in this deal as usual. And yes folks. That deal isn't gonna happen!

Edit: I'd just had to move one post before someone had suggested Gagner!

M Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:09 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
What on earth?
Schultz is a year older and 3 years behind in NHL experience. He's not even better than Klefbom.

Of all those d-men listed, 1 has played in the NHL. Guess which one is the best?
There is a little thing called development. Klefbom and Schultz are both projected to be very good defensemen, like Kulikov is. The fact remains that I don't see why people are so adamant about which of the three is better, they are all very good young players with bright futures. The fact remains, that even if the Oilers don't trade for Kulikov, they still are stocked to the brim with good defense prospects. Which is why I am against any trade for Kulikov, he just doesn't fill a need. Our needs are simple. #1/2 defensemen (two of them unfortunately), big #2 center, and a scoring power forward. Kulikov is none of those right now, so I am not willing to spend the assets we could use to fill one of those holes on a guy who just adds depth to what we already have.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:12 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Don't need a link when it is common sense.
How is it "common sense" to know what EVERY GM in the league would offer a package, especially when said package is better than a young #2 center who other GM's could very well value higher than Kulikov. Nothing about that is common sense. Its an opinion purely based on nothing but HF's valuation of these players, which means nothing to GM's. Sorry to burst your collective bubble.

EDIT - I don't doubt that a lot of teams would have interest, but to claim this as "common sense" when it is anything but is ignorant.

Last edited by zeus3007*: 07-07-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old
07-07-2012, 10:15 AM
SufferingCatFan

Kulikov is a 21 year old PMD with 3 years NHL experience, who is already defensively responsible and whose offense is getting better and better. His stick handling and shooting skills were good enough that he won games in the shoot out for Florida. As such, I am confident that a number of teams would be lining up to make strong offers for him if Tallon made him available.

The Oilers and the Cats really do not make good trade partners.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote