HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[COL] Avs extend Erik Johnson [4 years, $15M - $3.75M cap hit]

Old
07-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

vCash: 50
EDIT: EJ was a rock on the back end so if he had 40+ plus points and ws + plus player your still gonna say he was a scrub? pfft whatever

Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskog The Viking View Post
EDIT: EJ was a rock on the back end so if he had 40+ plus points and ws + plus player your still gonna say he was a scrub? pfft whatever
If he had 40+ points and was a plus player, he would get upwards of 6 mil.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

[QUOTE=skywalken;52216693]If he had 40+ points and was a plus player, he would get upwards of 6 mil.
he would have easily had all that if the team was't an offence choke last season.If this upcoming season they get back to there scoring ways expect him to have 40+ plus points and a good plus minus he ppl who watched him last season know he was a rock on D. I rest my case

Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 12:33 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Wideman 5.25
Erik Johnson 3.75

LOL
aka

UFA
RFA

LOL

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:36 AM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Stats are facts now? Apparantly it's a fact that Chris Kelly is a top 5 center in this league then. He's got a good +/-.
Stats ARE facts and stats are the reason teams and players win trophies.

You are just skewing what I said as plus/minus is the be-all, end-all stat that tells you everything about every player.

Not true. I posted lots of stats but everybody just picked out the plus/minus stat to flame me. I have reasons for saying what i say and believe what i believe about EJ. I back it up with many stats and it turned into an arguement about just one stat that people want to use to flane me. I dobt care if people want to ignore that stat. The many others that i posted still prove my point and support my opinion.

But its just easier to play ignorance to that and pick out ONE controversial stat that is in fact a telling stat for defenseman in my opinion to flame me because i dont think EJ is gods gift to the Avalanche defense.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:52 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
Why are you so mad? Its a good discussion. I enjoy posting stats and discussing them. I realize its too much for some people and I get flamed for posting facts about these players and offering my opinion on them but no need to get mad here.
I read all over this site, and I only see you post in 2 places...one of those is in ANY thread related to Johnson, or the Avs/Blues swap. There is some real diversity in that!

If you want to have a good discussion and not just be a troll, try discussing in other threads...I literally have read almost every thread top to bottom in the Trade Rumors area over the last few days and haven't seen you post nearly at all...and trust me, your .gif stands out.

Bottom line, your a troll and you don't like Johnson and want to justify your team winning the trade and for some reason just can't move on.

I'll be one of the first Avs fans to say I didn't like the trade, but I can't change it. Is Johnson better than most the D we have now? Yes, is he better than Shattenkirk? Yes, in ways, and No in others. I watch alot of Blues hockey as well and argue it all you want but when Kirk was filling in as top d-man when Pietrangelo went down he was brutal....just saying.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:19 AM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
I read all over this site, and I only see you post in 2 places...one of those is in ANY thread related to Johnson, or the Avs/Blues swap. There is some real diversity in that!

If you want to have a good discussion and not just be a troll, try discussing in other threads...I literally have read almost every thread top to bottom in the Trade Rumors area over the last few days
Stopped reading right there.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:24 AM
electricjib

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
Stopped reading right there.
You posted the start...so what...you know you can't let it go.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Human
cynic

probably the best contract this off-season, from a team's pov. sure, EJ being a RFA helped, but still...

Human is offline   Reply With Quote