HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huet to Start! Bouillon Back?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
  #1
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Huet to Start! Bouillon Back?

Cristobal Huet has been named the starter for Tuesday against New Jersey.
Francis Bouillon will be evaluated today and may replace Mark Streit.

Team 990

JMMR is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
  #2
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR
Cristobal Huet has been named the starter for Tuesday against New Jersey.
Francis Bouillon will be evaluated today and may replace Mark Streit.

Team 990
good news!

HH is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:27 PM
  #3
jpchabby
Registered User
 
jpchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
YEAH !!!!!

jpchabby is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:30 PM
  #4
Nihilism
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
FB51 will be in the lineup.

Smart move by Gainey to go with CH39. Gotta go with the guy who got you to this point.

Nihilism is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
  #5
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism
FB51 will be in the lineup.

Smart move by Gainey to go with CH39. Gotta go with the guy who got you to this point.
it's not a smart move, this is what any other coach would do ! Huet should have even started the last game !

Captain Saku is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
  #6
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuCKoivu
it's not a smart move, this is what any other coach would do ! Huet should have even started the last game !
Happy to see that I'm not the only to think like that. Go Cristobal !

Cariboux is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
  #7
Nihilism
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
CH was on a two-game losing streak, and hABS was coming off two solid wins. It was a well deserved start.

Nihilism is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 03:07 PM
  #8
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,466
vCash: 500
good news

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 03:23 PM
  #9
e-e
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: here
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,870
vCash: 500
good news!!!

e-e is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM
  #10
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
I would have thought Montreal would want to use their playoff starting lineup in the final game so I am surprised a bit.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 05:53 PM
  #11
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
now im worried less

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:30 PM
  #12
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
now im worried less
worried less about what?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
  #13
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=162997&hubname=

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=162997&hubname=
Huet, who often appeared indifferent towards the pressure of being a Canadiens goalie, did not speak to reporters Monday for one of the few times all season.


Though I'm probably making something out of nothing.


Last edited by Dan K: 04-17-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Dan K is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:46 PM
  #14
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
MONTREAL (CP) - After revealing that goaltender Cristobal Huet would get the nod in Montreal's pivotal home tilt Tuesday against the New Jersey Devils, Canadiens head coach and GM Bob Gainey was asked whether that meant Huet was also his hypothetical starter for the playoffs.

"No," was the terse response from Gainey.
It is amazing so many of you dont see that Aebischer will be the starting goalie in the playoffs. The reason Huet probably did not speak to reporters is he realizes this too.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
  #15
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
It is amazing so many of you dont see that Aebischer will be the starting goalie in the playoffs. The reason Huet probably did not speak to reporters is he realizes this too.
lol normally i would say that's a ridiculous statement, but it's the kind of logic i've come to expect.

Yes, it is possible that Aebischer will start in the playoffs. However, that has nothing to do with Huet not speaking to reporters. Why would a goalie not talk to reporters over something that hasn't officially been decided yet? In the RDS article, it confirms that few players were available for the media, so the TSN article is kind of just spinning things after all.

Dan K is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:50 PM
  #16
wholeshow*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
It is amazing so many of you dont see that Aebischer will be the starting goalie in the playoffs. The reason Huet probably did not speak to reporters is he realizes this too.

you have never been right, EVER.
so with that said, whatever you say we know for a FACT that the opposite will happen.

so it's one hundred and 30% gauranteed that huet will get the start in the playoffs.

wholeshow* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:52 PM
  #17
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
lol normally i would say that's a ridiculous statement, but it's the kind of logic i've come to expect.

Yes, it is possible that Aebischer will start in the playoffs. However, that has nothing to do with Huet not speaking to reporters. Why would a goalie not talk to reporters over something that hasn't officially been decided yet?
It probably has been decided, it is just not made public yet. If Abby does start in the playoffs it is pretty clear the fix was in for that for weeks, and it was Bob's plan all along.

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:53 PM
  #18
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,302
vCash: 500
Bouillon isnt that sure after all, if caps win tonight he won't play.

HH is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:55 PM
  #19
Guriken
Registered User
 
Guriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Quebec, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
If our playoff spot is not clinched on tuesday, it will sure be the most stressful fame of the year!

GO HABS GO!

Guriken is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
  #20
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26
worried less about what?

ever seeing huet in a montreal uniform again

Raider917 is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
  #21
KoopsKings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 174
vCash: 500
I think gainey is just resting it on huet's shoulders. If he plays awesome hes gonna start the playoffs, if he doesnt aebischer will start. I know its not fair, but it lies in huet's hands which is good.

KoopsKings is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
  #22
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoopsKings
I think gainey is just resting it on huet's shoulders. If he plays awesome hes gonna start the playoffs, if he doesnt aebischer will start. I know its not fair, but it lies in huet's hands which is good.
assuming we make it.

HH is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 07:05 PM
  #23
wildone26*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
ever seeing huet in a montreal uniform again
Ok I have a question for you, if Aebischer is named the starter for the playoffs, do you then think you will ever see Huet in a Montreal uniform again?

wildone26* is offline  
Old
04-17-2006, 07:07 PM
  #24
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,612
vCash: 500
if gainey doesnt want him that would be the case.

Raider917 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.