Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Our Jerseys

Old
07-06-2012, 05:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
We could use like a NorthStars green and yellow version of our Wild logo, and make a jersey out of that... Would be retro and Intresting if done correctly, if not, it'd be awful.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
We could use like a NorthStars green and yellow version of our Wild logo, and make a jersey out of that... Would be retro and Intresting if done correctly, if not, it'd be awful.
That could be interesting. Could even just have a big giant M on the front, like the gophers.

Blakkmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkmantis View Post
That could be interesting. Could even just have a big giant M on the front, like the gophers.
I think they'd come at us for copyright infringement.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
I think they'd come at us for copyright infringement.
Well colors is colors, no copyright on color combos, and nobody owns the letter M, so... lol

Old
07-06-2012, 06:11 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Minnetonka's highschool logo is the same as the Gophs

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

The white Aeros mentioned would rock as our away jersey. The green one should indeed become our homer before this season kicks in..

Over to todays away... Well.. I know what people think and i see why they do, regardless i think the idea is pretty awesome with the number design and all, yeah, its pretty cool... but its kinda childish maybe..

But as people say..

Choose ONE design and stick with it..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:39 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Quote:
Those wouldn't be bad ideas. Fans are already buying North Stars jerseys and gear (oddly enough, I'm wearing a North Stars right now) and will with or without a North Stars WC jersey. Another jersey combining the heritage of Minnesota would be a great way to honor the State of Hockey's history, rather than the Wild's non-existent one, in any potential Winter Classic.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:31 PM
soundjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
No to the North Stars. Let them stay in Dallas.

I do have an idea for the Winter Classic though, should we get one.

Obviously the Wild have only been around since 2000, so we really don't have a "classic" jersey like the other teams that have participated in the WC. Bringing back our old greens would be kind of cool, but they're really too recent to have any kind of big impact on fans.

So, since the Wild organization is all about hockey's roots in Minnesota, what if they were to use an old school vintage High School hockey jersey? It could be a fun nod to the roots of hockey in our state and it wouldn't need to incorporate the North Stars or any of our "old" Wild sweaters. I figure they could even let the fans vote on Wild.com from a pool of 16 or so jersey designs to decide which will be used.

Just an idea I had. Not sure how realistic it is, but it's definitely different and would let us showcase the history of hockey in our state, not just the professional hockey history.
The Stars are the North Stars no more than the Coyotes are the Jets, or the Avalanche are the Nordiques. The North Stars are one, if not the most important pieces of Minnesota hockey history, regardless of how painful it was to see them leave. As such, it makes most sense to use their jersey's if from whatever deal with the devil the Wild actually get a spot in the WC.

Vintage high school hockey is an interesting idea, but in the end I don't like it. High school as a whole is a good representation of Minnesota hockey, but picking a single district to represent doesn't appeal to me. Fighting Saints is intriguing, but if it came down between the two, North Stars had much more iconic sweaters.

soundjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:42 PM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundjam View Post
The Stars are the North Stars no more than the Coyotes are the Jets, or the Avalanche are the Nordiques. The North Stars are one, if not the most important pieces of Minnesota hockey history, regardless of how painful it was to see them leave. As such, it makes most sense to use their jersey's if from whatever deal with the devil the Wild actually get a spot in the WC.

Vintage high school hockey is an interesting idea, but in the end I don't like it. High school as a whole is a good representation of Minnesota hockey, but picking a single district to represent doesn't appeal to me. Fighting Saints is intriguing, but if it came down between the two, North Stars had much more iconic sweaters.
You have stated my feelings on this much better than I could have, thank you. You have captured the essence of this topic completely!

Old
07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Paul Bunyan
Mythical Lumberjack

vCash: 411
I actually really like the Reds, probably have that as #1, then the Green then White.

White to me is usually the most boring, they just never really cut it for me no matter what the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundjam View Post

This is a good take. It was in another thread and I thought picking ONE high school team would probably anger most people, same with if they went with old school Minnesota Gophers jerseys over any of the other teams.

The Fighting Saints though I did think would be cool, love that sweater. I've got a picture of all three of the Carlsons autographed that their Mom gave me with them in those sweaters on my "Minnesota Sports Wall of Fame".

That would definitely be cool, and I'm sure they could get the rights. It should be the North Stars, I think we all know that, but if the WC is Minnesota/Dallas...what is Dallas going to go with? and they never gave the rights or history back (like the Browns) so they have those rights if I'm not mistaken.

Probably have to work something out. I just think if this team gets a WC, it's against Dallas so they can take our team and then tap into the Southern Market and have some type of jilted lover story to sell to casual fans.

Paul Bunyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:47 PM
soundjam

Another issue is that highschool jerseys are very often already based on existing professional and collegiate teams. Either that or they fairly generic or already covered in our quite awesome green sweaters.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:54 PM
soundjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
I actually really like the Reds, probably have that as #1, then the Green then White.

White to me is usually the most boring, they just never really cut it for me no matter what the team.
Reds aren't really that terrible, I just resent that we switched to red when so much of the league already uses it. That and it is a tad bit christmas-y. Another issue I have is its about time they get a decent shoulder patch.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:21 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Those wouldn't be bad ideas. Fans are already buying North Stars jerseys and gear (oddly enough, I'm wearing a North Stars right now) and will with or without a North Stars WC jersey. Another jersey combining the heritage of Minnesota would be a great way to honor the State of Hockey's history, rather than the Wild's non-existent one, in any potential Winter Classic.
I want a NorthStars SnapBack... They have Predators ones.. But I haven't seen a NorthStars one..

Old
07-06-2012, 10:46 PM
00xtremeninja
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
I want a NorthStars SnapBack... They have Predators ones.. But I haven't seen a NorthStars one..
they are in like every mall here

00xtremeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xtremeninja View Post
they are in like every mall here
Too bad I live in Montreal....

@BlackMantis, u mean the M isn't trademark ? No one owns it ?

Old
07-07-2012, 03:32 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

My solution to the "jersey woes" fans have?

Ditch the red.
Ditch the green.

Single home jersey:

Use the white aeros alternate home (with Minnesota in script) for the away.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:42 AM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post

Ditch the red.
Ditch the green.

Single home jersey:

Oh noooooo, I love the Minnesota across the greens.

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Too bad I live in Montreal....

@BlackMantis, u mean the M isn't trademark ? No one owns it ?
Not sure if your serious, or just joking a bit, so sorry.

An M is an M, there are Minnesota High Schools who use pretty much the exact same M on their jerseys. I don't think you can copyright a letter. If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.

Old
07-07-2012, 04:00 AM
IronRangeHockey

Quote:
Not sure if your serious, or just joking a bit, so sorry.

An M is an M, there are Minnesota High Schools who use pretty much the exact same M on their jerseys. I don't think you can copyright a letter. If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.

Damn I wish I had a better memory, ask a Sioux fan how they could use the intertwined ND (exactly like Notre Dame) and the Hawks logo. The rules are or were alot different for the NCAA, not sure about HS. But this has been brought up alot on the UND message board and they could probably recite the rules.

Not jabbing the Sioux, I like the name/logo and wish it remained.

IronRangeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Jagged Ice

Any word on the new UND nickname?

Jagged Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged Ice View Post
Any word on the new UND nickname?
They are being forced to change it then? Last I heard, and it was a while ago, UND was refusing to change it.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:38 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
They are being forced to change it then? Last I heard, and it was a while ago, UND was refusing to change it.
No, actually UND was going to change it last year, but then the State Legislature stepped in and stopped it... now the state is backed off, everyone just wants the issue over with so it will be changed.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:47 AM
Blakkmantis
Old Time Hockey EH!

That sucks, I hate this political correct BS. I guess I should be hating on the Vikings then cuz I'm pure Swede. NOT!

Old
07-07-2012, 07:14 AM
soundjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRangeHockey View Post
Damn I wish I had a better memory, ask a Sioux fan how they could use the intertwined ND (exactly like Notre Dame) and the Hawks logo. The rules are or were alot different for the NCAA, not sure about HS. But this has been brought up alot on the UND message board and they could probably recite the rules.

Not jabbing the Sioux, I like the name/logo and wish it remained.
The letters overlap in a different way, and both being indian heads is where the similarities between the sioux and hawks logos end. It was done in a completely different style.

And I don't know who everyone is. They voted to drop it in the summer when just about everybody was gone.

Old
07-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Saunacrew

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post

Ditch the red.
Ditch the green.

Single home jersey:

Oh please not a circle... St. Louis, Florida, Pittsburgh...

Saunacrew is offline   Reply With Quote