HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Nash Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 12:44 PM
OttMorrow

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Nash Proposal

Now I know Nash is just about as close to untouchable as you can get but I want to run this off by you just for fun.

To Columbus:
Brenden Morrow
Bill Guerin
Antii Miettinen
1st round pick

To Dallas:
Rick Nash

Old
11-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Ehh, we'd get better offers from other teams with less payroll and more youth.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:39 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
I wouldnt do that.

If Nash were ever traded, you would see a mob outside Dougs house. You arent going to get a warm reception for proposing a trade for Nash.

Old
11-21-2003, 05:49 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttMorrow
Now I know Nash is just about as close to untouchable as you can get but I want to run this off by you just for fun.

To Columbus:
Brenden Morrow
Bill Guerin
Antii Miettinen
1st round pick

To Dallas:
Rick Nash
Next time, please do us all a favor and post these "just for fun" trade proposals in the appropriate place on the HF Boards, which is the Trade Rumors/Proposals section. I, for one, hate these type of trade proposals, which I value as highly as junk mail or a telemarketing call, since they will never happen.

Old
11-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Crazy..

Nash' potential probably is Bill Guerin so why pull the trade if the Stars are in a win-now mode and the Jackets going for contention down the road. Makes no sense, much less when you add Morrow, who I'd never deal, Antti Miettinen, our top prospect and a first?

That's a stupid proposal and I think I speak for all Stars fan except you that we'd never ever, ever do this one.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:16 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Crazy..

Nash' potential probably is Bill Guerin so why pull the trade if the Stars are in a win-now mode and the Jackets going for contention down the road. Makes no sense, much less when you add Morrow, who I'd never deal, Antti Miettinen, our top prospect and a first?

That's a stupid proposal and I think I speak for all Stars fan except you that we'd never ever, ever do this one.
Nash will be a 50 goal man at 23. Gurein was never a 50 goal man.

Nash will be better at a much younger age.

Old
11-23-2003, 03:34 PM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Crazy..

M=G, Notice my "just for fun" in the original message? Thats because it's just that, for fun, I wouldn't do the trade personally either. I am trying to find out what Columbus fans think Nash is worth, being that he is an incredible young player. Chill the eff out.

Old
11-24-2003, 04:17 AM
jackets63

Quote:
M=G, Notice my "just for fun" in the original message? Thats because it's just that, for fun, I wouldn't do the trade personally either. I am trying to find out what Columbus fans think Nash is worth, being that he is an incredible young player. Chill the eff out.
Anyone who proposes a retarded trade like that should be ready for it. If you act like a moron, dont be surprised if you get treated like a moron.

You could have just said, "Hey, what do you guys think of Nash?" Or you could have looked back through all the hundreds of threads where we have all discussed exactly how much we like Nash.

Old
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La-Laprise
Nash will be a 50 goal man at 23. Gurein was never a 50 goal man.

Do you think it will take that long? He's on pace for almost 50 this year. ALthough that may be a stretch (50 this year) he's been fairly consistent.

Old
11-27-2003, 05:55 AM
Sabot55

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN
Do you think it will take that long? He's on pace for almost 50 this year. ALthough that may be a stretch (50 this year) he's been fairly consistent.
I live in Louisville and get all the CBJ games on FSOH. First, no way Nash gets traded. Second, Nash might score 50 goals this season, but he'd take a run at the scoring title if he had a better RW than Letowski. He absolutely dominates play when he's on the ice. Detroit had no answer for him in the second game of their home and away. I love his ability to slow the game down, ala Mario, and make the smart play. Just dominant. Too bad that CLB doesn't have a better RW to play on that line. Too many of Nash's set-ups go unfinished.

Guerin in his prime wouldn't do it for Nash.

Old
11-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Teezax

Quote:

To Columbus:
Brenden Morrow
Bill Guerin
Antii Miettinen
1st round pick

To Dallas:
Rick Nash
Nash is a great player, but i think that is overpaying a bit much. Plus why would Columbus want to take on Guerin's ridiculous salary??
Retarded proposal.

Old
12-01-2003, 06:38 AM
puckslappper

Oh its just another stupid trade offer I thought Nash was getting married.

Nash from Columbus

Your next years first, second and third round pick
Your biggest star forward and you eat nearly all of that forward's salary
plus the top prospect in your farm system.

Okay I guess we could maybe throw in8th round pick to balance it out some.

Our franchise was born 4 years ago, our managment was not.

Closed Thread