HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Raphael Diaz Files for arbitration.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:57 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Let's not kid ourselves...

Let him file for arbitration. Don't give the cheap *** the money.
Time to forget about giving chances to Swiss players...they just back-stab you the first chance they get to make more $$$$. Should I add to not get banned?! Trade overrated Diaz (not a real dman) for a 2nd Round. One year and he files for arbitration???????? **** him.

Soft as butter (and can't wait till they are not shaming the CH jersey anymore...they're only here as fillers... and we know it):
Kaberle, Diaz, Weber...

Bouillon:
I'd rather see Bouillon (warrior with character) out there instead of the above softies. We need dmen that will protect Price and not let players fall all over Price.

We're just waiting for the real d-''men'' to develop:
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Thrower
Beaulieu-Ellis
Emelin
so, what you're saying is, you didnt watch Cube play the last two seasons.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:40 AM
Corncob

Quote:
One year and he files for arbitration???????? **** him.
Considering that's the only time in his NHL career that he will have the contractual opportunity to do so, when exactly would you have been happy for him to do so? This is all a bit silly. Teams and players carry out contract negotiations within an agreed framework. It isn't backstabbing to apply a clause that's in your actual existing contract. Habs didn't stab Carey Price in the back and Diaz isn't stabbing the Habs in the back by electing a process that they explicitly agreed to let him do if he so wished in his last contract.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Considering that's the only time in his NHL career that he will have the contractual opportunity to do so, when exactly would you have been happy for him to do so? This is all a bit silly. Teams and players carry out contract negotiations within an agreed framework. It isn't backstabbing to apply a clause that's in your actual existing contract. Habs didn't stab Carey Price in the back and Diaz isn't stabbing the Habs in the back by electing a process that they explicitly agreed to let him do if he so wished in his last contract.
This!

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:47 AM
rickthegoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
for a d-man, playing for what is an opportunity ? an opportunity for what exactly ? show he's a good on the forecheck? behind the opponent net ? in the slot? yeah, it sure would help a d-man improve his game...

the last rookie to talk like that to the medias was given away for free and is now putting up 50+ pts seasons in TO...

You're disappointed the 23 years old D-man that Weber is didnt put 50+ pts seasons ? or that he isnt fully developped at 23 ?
Well, actually, yes, I do actually see it as an extra opportunity. Here's how I see it : if last season, on our piss pour defensive team, the coach still felt that you could'nt be relied on to be the 7th guy on D, and he decided that he kept a regular forward in the stands to give you his spot so that you could skate on the 4th line 6-7 minutes and take the right point on the power play.....I consider that an extra opportunity.....better than being kept in the stands, ain't it ?
That is how Streit broke out and became the dominant point D that he is today.....As for running your mouth in front of the camera....that's a whole other story ..........if he actually would have been right about " having a better shot than other guys on the power play "..........
Anyways, like I said before, I won't try to hide it, I realy dislike the guy, so my judgment might be blurred....
Not a team player, best example of that is when there's a whistle in our own end, ever noticed how often he's the first to give a shove....a the first to run away, so his teamates have to cover his arse....happens all the time......i'm sure they realy like having to protect his precious butt...........ok, I better stop it now, you get the picture

rickthegoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Let's not kid ourselves...

Soft as butter...they're only here as fillers... and we know it...yes I agree that Diaz had some good games last season but he's still not a real Dman):
Kaberle, Diaz, Weber...softies/fillers.

Bouillon:
I'd rather see Bouillon (warrior with character) out there instead of the above softies. We need dmen that will protect Price and not let players fall all over Price.

Can't wait for this (real dmen):
Tinordi-Subban
Gorges-Thrower
Beaulieu-Ellis
Emelin
So basically what I get from this post is 1) you dont know what soft players are (Kaberle is soft --- Diaz & Weber are not) and 2) that will will most likely never have that defense. Go look at lines from 2-3 years ago and see how close they are. If that's ever our main defense, be prepared to suck for another 4-5 years.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:26 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthegoon View Post
Well, actually, yes, I do actually see it as an extra opportunity. Here's how I see it : if last season, on our piss pour defensive team, the coach still felt that you could'nt be relied on to be the 7th guy on D, and he decided that he kept a regular forward in the stands to give you his spot so that you could skate on the 4th line 6-7 minutes and take the right point on the power play.....I consider that an extra opportunity.....better than being kept in the stands, ain't it ?
That is how Streit broke out and became the dominant point D that he is today.....As for running your mouth in front of the camera....that's a whole other story ..........if he actually would have been right about " having a better shot than other guys on the power play "..........
Anyways, like I said before, I won't try to hide it, I realy dislike the guy, so my judgment might be blurred....
Not a team player, best example of that is when there's a whistle in our own end, ever noticed how often he's the first to give a shove....a the first to run away, so his teamates have to cover his arse....happens all the time......i'm sure they realy like having to protect his precious butt...........ok, I better stop it now, you get the picture
well, an opportunty for what ??????

I'll help you out on the better "shot than", only 3 of our D got PP goals last season
1. Subban got 5 in 81 games (1st PP wave)
2. Weber got 4 in 60 games (2nd PP wave)
3. Kaberle with 1...

oh! yeah! kid also got 3G in the 6 PO games he played with the Habs...

like it or not, the shot we were missing all season last year on the PP : it's him.

Last edited by ECWHSWI: 07-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.
ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
So basically what I get from this post is 1) you dont know what soft players are (Kaberle is soft --- Diaz & Weber are not) and 2) that will will most likely never have that defense. Go look at lines from 2-3 years ago and see how close they are. If that's ever our main defense, be prepared to suck for another 4-5 years.
Be prepared to suck for another 4-5 years??!!!!! What team do you root for? would really love to know (or who cares, yet you come here to **** on the Habs Board).

What I get is that in your opinion you think you know what soft is, what soft isn't...just your opinion. You're not an NHL scout (probably not even close) and even some NHL scouts don't know everything (just just happened to get the job). In your opinion (and remember...it's just your opinion, you're just one person, not a hockey genius)...Kaberle is soft and Diaz and Weber are not soft, again...it's just your opinion.

My opinion: Kaberle, Diaz, Weber...SOFT AS BUTTER (no matter how gritty Weber or Diaz can try to be! they're easy to knock down, easy to be pushed around). They're here as fillers. You want to disagree with me...that's all this is...you disagreeing with me...doesn't mean you're right.

BTW, what team do you root for? Hawks? Just curious.

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Be prepared to suck for another 4-5 years??!!!!! What team do you root for? would really love to know (or who cares, yet you come here to **** on the Habs Board).

What I get is that in your opinion you think you know what soft is, what soft isn't...just your opinion. You're not an NHL scout (probably not even close) and even some NHL scouts don't know everything (just just happened to get the job). In your opinion (and remember...it's just your opinion, you're just one person, not a hockey genius)...Kaberle is soft and Diaz and Weber are not soft, again...it's just your opinion.

My opinion: Kaberle, Diaz, Weber...SOFT AS BUTTER (no matter how gritty Weber or Diaz can try to be! they're easy to knock down, easy to be pushed around). They're here as fillers. You want to disagree with me...that's all this is...you disagreeing with me...doesn't mean you're right.

BTW, what team do you root for? Hawks? Just curious.
If you want to say they are weak physically, that's one thing. But soft generally refers to having a poor compete level aka not going into the corners to fight for picks, not protecting Price and his cease, etc. Weber and Diaz both try to do that. Kaberle is soft though.

As for saying I cheer for the Hawks or something ridiculous - where do you come up with that crap? All I'm saying is that defense you posted will almost likely NEVER be our defense --- and if it is, we are going to be a poor team for quite some time.

Old
07-08-2012, 07:40 AM
Corncob

Quote:
As for saying I cheer for the Hawks or something ridiculous - where do you come up with that crap?
This is what you get for putting 'Hawk' in your username, it's a tough one obviously for someone called 'Mr Hab' to deal with

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
If you want to say they are weak physically, that's one thing. But soft generally refers to having a poor compete level aka not going into the corners to fight for picks, not protecting Price and his cease, etc. Weber and Diaz both try to do that. Kaberle is soft though.

As for saying I cheer for the Hawks or something ridiculous - where do you come up with that crap? All I'm saying is that defense you posted will almost likely NEVER be our defense --- and if it is, we are going to be a poor team for quite some time.
While i tend to agree with you on the projected lineups, it depends on the level of prospects. Im sure the NYRs had projected defensive lineups much like their current ones.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2012, 08:46 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
This is what you get for putting 'Hawk' in your username, it's a tough one obviously for someone called 'Mr Hab' to deal with
Haha very true, never thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
While i tend to agree with you on the projected lineups, it depends on the level of prospects. Im sure the NYRs had projected defensive lineups much like their current ones.
Projecting Thrower to be better than Emelin already is a reach. He may just be, but I'm willing to wager only a few posters have even seen him play.

Also, Emelin is already too good and would never except being a full-time #7, IMO.

And as for projected, there is a difference between projecting 1-2 years than projecting 3-5 years down the road (which is the category I believe Thrower falls into). At that point, Emelin will probably be making $4M a year --- what would be the point of having him as a #7 at that point?

Realistically, I guess that could be our defense but a lot of things would have to happen. None of Bealieu, Tinordi, Ellis, or Thrower could bust. And Emelin would have to regress to the point where he's worse than his rookie year to be a #7.

Old
07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
THE HOFF

I would like Diaz back. Showed he belongs in the NHL imho. He has no value, had to adapt last year ... he can only get better imho, and he wasn't bad at all.

I think kaberle and weber are going to be traded before the season starts.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote