HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Just curious, what would it take for us to land Jonathan Huberdeau from Florida?

If we get him, we will have one of the best, if not the best 1-2 centre combination in the future with Galchenyuk and Huberdeau.
Huberdeau didn't even play wing in the QMJHL, he's a LW.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
Looking at our roster...what would it cost to get shea weber?

Any deal for Weber would start with Subban & cost several others prospects & picks.

Old
07-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Huberdeau didn't even play wing in the QMJHL, he's a LW.

Tallon won't part with Huberdeau, anymore than Bergevin will part with Galchenyuk at this point of their careers.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Habitant le colon

MONTRÉAL
Markov + Eller + 3rd 2012

Vs

DÉTROIT
Franzen + Quincey + 4th 2013

------------------

MONTRÉAL
Gallagher + Détroit 4th 2013 + Montréal 2nd 2013

Vs

Chicago
Bolland

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Franzen Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Bolland Prust
Armstrong Gomez Moen
Nokelainen

Gorges Subban
Emelin Kaberle
Quincey Bouillon
Diaz Weber

Old
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
S Bah

Rick Nash a player that can take over a game,will most likely be playing in Pittsburgh with his linemate from Team Canada,Sidney Crosby.Giving Pittsburgh the deadliest PP in the league Crosby,Malkin,Nash,Letang and James Neal.Reminds one of the Habs PP in the 70's firepower and more firepower.Pittsburgh and Minnesota are going to be awesome.

Old
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Outside of Galchenyuk, we do not have another centre with legit top 6 upside. Of course we could do bad this year again and draft Monahan or Barkov, or we could use the trade market.

Some potential targets could be:

Ryan Strome
Mika Zibenajad
Alex Burmistrov
Mark Schiefele (not sure if he is LW)

All of whom have quite high upside, like Galchenyuk.

Out of those 4, I believe Zibanejad will be very hard to get. Burmistrov, Schiefele or Strome could be easier to get.

I really like Ryan Strome, perfect fit for our 2nd line centre position.

Imagine:

Galchenyuk
Strome
Desharnais

Down the middle, that gives us insane amount of depth.

What do you think? What would it cost to get Strome from the Islanders?

Old
07-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I had a fun poll tonight on my twitter account (@Habsterix) asking people the following question:

Assuming that he would wave his no-movement clause to come to Montreal, would you trade Rene Bourque for Ryan Malone?

Amazingly enough, the first 8 respondents said that they would keep Bourque. At the end of the night, approximately 65% said that they would take Malone.

I found that quite interesting as it was very close for the longest time, Habs' fans split between the two.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:24 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Outside of Galchenyuk, we do not have another centre with legit top 6 upside. Of course we could do bad this year again and draft Monahan or Barkov, or we could use the trade market.

Some potential targets could be:

Ryan Strome
Mika Zibenajad
Alex Burmistrov
Mark Schiefele (not sure if he is LW)

All of whom have quite high upside, like Galchenyuk.

Out of those 4, I believe Zibanejad will be very hard to get. Burmistrov, Schiefele or Strome could be easier to get.

I really like Ryan Strome, perfect fit for our 2nd line centre position.

Imagine:

Galchenyuk
Strome
Desharnais

Down the middle, that gives us insane amount of depth.

What do you think? What would it cost to get Strome from the Islanders?
Plekanec is the epitome of the 2nd line center and there are a glut of centers available in the 2013 Entry Draft.Depending upon what draft position the Habs have the Top Ten picks should have at least 5 centers MacKinnon and Shinkaruk are both great choices.The Habs already have depth at center with the addition of Galchenyuk to Plekanec,Desharnais,Eller,Nokelainen,Gomez,Bourniv al,Dumont,Leblanc,Naatinen and Holland.

Last edited by S Bah: 07-06-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old
07-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
MONTRÉAL
Markov + Eller + 3rd 2012

Vs

DÉTROIT
Franzen + Quincey + 4th 2013

------------------

MONTRÉAL
Gallagher + Détroit 4th 2013 + Montréal 2nd 2013

Vs

Chicago
Bolland

Pacioretty Desharnais Cole
Franzen Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Bolland Prust
Armstrong Gomez Moen
Nokelainen

Gorges Subban
Emelin Kaberle
Quincey Bouillon
Diaz Weber
Franzen vs the Bruins would be sick

Old
07-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Habitant le colon

Tomas Plekanec
Tomas Kaberle
Rene Bourque

Vs

Thomas Vanek
Robin Regher
Buffalo 7th 2013

----------------------
if Galy get an outstanding camp why not try to get him 2 25 goal experimented scorers? With Vanek and Gionta we are sure to give him big time learning!

I know Vanek contract is horrible but we can afford a big contract when the dude play well .... perhap Gomez can be buy out if new cba agree on term of amnesty ...

Pacioretty DD Cole
Vanek Galcheniuk Gionta
Prust Eller Armstrong
White Gomez Moen
Nokelainen

Markov Regehr
Gorges Subban
Emelin Bouillon
Diaz Weber

Old
07-06-2012, 10:14 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Tomas Plekanec
Tomas Kaberle
Rene Bourque

Vs

Thomas Vanek
Robin Regher
Buffalo 7th 2013

----------------------
if Galy get an outstanding camp why not try to get him 2 25 goal experimented scorers? With Vanek and Gionta we are sure to give him big time learning!

I know Vanek contract is horrible but we can afford a big contract when the dude play well .... perhap Gomez can be buy out if new cba agree on term of amnesty ...

Pacioretty DD Cole
Vanek Galcheniuk Gionta
Prust Eller Armstrong
White Gomez Moen
Nokelainen

Markov Regehr
Gorges Subban
Emelin Bouillon
Diaz Weber
A couple of things to note... We are dumping salary on them which they DO NOT want especially after going to FA frenzy last year and not performing well

Also as a soft team overall Buffalo would not let go of Regehr (even though they have been adding grit slowly)...second last thing we want to do is fast track Galchenyuk before he's ready... let him improve his skating and get back precious development time dominating the OHL

The biggest thing this does is create a lot of uncertainty in the line up because our top tough minute center is gone... So yes we can line up Eller as our tough minutes center but do we really want to make this move right now? Too much uncertainty in our roster already and this makes it even worse

Lets let this year play out and methodically trade (or keep) assets from there...

Could you imagine having Gally develop properly one year and then assessing our options for the best return? Because waiting another year and giving pleks good wingers can actually increase his value or having DD prove another year that he is capable of 60 points in a season would do the same and we can assess Eller one more year to see if he is ready to step up into a two way force (I am hoping for 40 points whille being an absolute pain in the ass to other top lines)

I bet we can just wait it out since its not in our best option to trade away the most valuable forward of our team (imo)

Also that return for Vanek and Regehr is terrible since Vanek would be considered the most valuable piece here (given his higher offensive ceiling as a goal scorer)

Old
07-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Uwey

I keep seeing statements like "we can assess Eller one more year to see if he is ready to step up into a two way force", yet I continually see him grouped with the bottom six.

Can someone explain to me how the Hell this kid steps up, if he isn't giving an opportunity???

Old
07-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
I keep seeing statements like "we can assess Eller one more year to see if he is ready to step up into a two way force", yet I continually see him grouped with the bottom six.

Can someone explain to me how the Hell this kid steps up, if he isn't giving an opportunity???
Playing 3rd line is a pretty good opportunity as long as they give him decent linemates. I'd like to see him get more PP time also.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Playing 3rd line is a pretty good opportunity as long as they give him decent linemates. I'd like to see him get more PP time also.
Agree with this. Bring back AK as you have the benefit of knowing he actually clicked with Eller and Moen for that matter. It would be a good well rounded line.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Agree with this. Bring back AK as you have the benefit of knowing he actually clicked with Eller and Moen for that matter. It would be a good well rounded line.
AK's not coming back Believe Dat!The Habs have no desire to sign players that take nights off,one of AK's biggest talent was being a player that thought he could impress people by doing that.The Habs have many prospects that are hard working players game after game like Gallagher,Bournival,Leblanc and pretty much all of them,so there is no room for AK or players of his ilk.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
AK's not coming back Believe Dat!The Habs have no desire to sign players that take nights off,one of AK's biggest talent was being a player that thought he could impress people by doing that.The Habs have many prospects that are hard working players game after game like Gallagher,Bournival,Leblanc and pretty much all of them,so there is no room for AK or players of his ilk.
You are no doubt right about AK coming back. While I think the criticsm of AK has been overly harsh, I agree guys like Armstrong and Moen are higher character guys who have a work it every shift attitude. Problem is that if you want to give Eller a chance of developing his offensive abilities its best to have him with a winger with a higher level of skill than what Armstrong and Moen have. If you want to get a winger with a good skill level who always works hard, you arent likely to find a guy who is willing to play the 3rd line as that comniation of qualities means the guy is probably a top 6 player and will want to be played and paid as such. Id think trading for such a guy would be hard because hed probably be more valuable to his team than just a 3rd liner and you wouldnt want to overpay in assets. As always, best is to draft and develop your own guys. Other reality is that unless were trading somebody we are pretty full in terms of the line-up.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I get the feeling Bergevin and co have AK on the "don't touch" lost being high maintenance or doesn't fit their criteria.

Old
07-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Uwey

So playing yet another season as the third line center, will be a good indication as to whether Eller is a top 6 forward???!!!

I really can't understand that train of thought.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
So playing yet another season as the third line center, will be a good indication as to whether Eller is a top 6 forward???!!!

If he is given more PP and PK time, a decent linemate (Bourque may be it, would be nice to upgrade that or add to it) and some good offensive numbers that have upgraded from last season, than yes, he can prove he is a capable 2nd liner.

By April he was basically playing 2nd line minutes (at EV) with next to no PP time got 16G and 28pts. If he gets a little PP time and keeps his minutes, he could get close to 40pts (maybe up to 45pts). As a "3rd liner" wouldn't that indicate he is 2nd line material and ready.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:08 PM
HCH

Quote:
Plekanec is the epitome of the 2nd line center and there are a glut of centers available in the 2013 Entry Draft.Depending upon what draft position the Habs have the Top Ten picks should have at least 5 centers MacKinnon and Shinkaruk are both great choices.The Habs already have depth at center with the addition of Galchenyuk to Plekanec,Desharnais,Eller,Nokelainen,Gomez,Bourniv al,Dumont,Leblanc,Naatinen and Holland.
Not all of these are going to be NHL ready at the same time nor will they play at the same level. Gomez is on his way out, Dumont likely won't make it as a center. Leblanc, Nattinen and Holland have all been playing RW. Nokelainen is a marginal NHLer. So where exactly is all the depth?

Old
07-06-2012, 07:11 PM
HCH

Quote:
I don't think AK is coming back either but Gallagher, Bournival and Leblanc are no where near the physical style of player that Montreal so desperately seeks. In fact if you look at Gallagher, Leblanc, Kristo and Palushaj as non-physical right wingers, there is probably room for only one of them on the roster when they eventually make it.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
HCH

Quote:

Think hard about it. It is called development and progression.

Old
07-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Think hard about it. It is called development and progression.

In your opinion, I guess so, in my opinion, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
If he is given more PP and PK time, a decent linemate (Bourque may be it, would be nice to upgrade that or add to it) and some good offensive numbers that have upgraded from last season, than yes, he can prove he is a capable 2nd liner.

By April he was basically playing 2nd line minutes (at EV) with next to no PP time got 16G and 28pts. If he gets a little PP time and keeps his minutes, he could get close to 40pts (maybe up to 45pts). As a "3rd liner" wouldn't that indicate he is 2nd line material and ready.

Riddle me this, if he is given better wingers & more ice time, then he would actually be the 2nd line or even 1st line center as one of Plekanec or Desharnias would have to sacrifice their ice time & wingers in order to do so!!!

It doesn`t matter how you shuffle the deck, this team still has the same players. The first line wingers are Patches & Cole, the second line wingers will be Gionta & probably Bourque!!!

Old
07-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
In your opinion, I guess so, in my opinion, not at all.

Riddle me this, if he is given better wingers & more ice time, then he would actually be the 2nd line or even 1st line center as one of Plekanec or Desharnias would have to sacrifice their ice time & wingers in order to do so!!!

It doesn`t matter how you shuffle the deck, this team still has the same players. The first line wingers are Patches & Cole, the second line wingers will be Gionta & probably Bourque!!!

Is it that bad an idea for Eller to eat up some of Pleks' PP and PK time? Pleks plays 22 mins a game, take away 2-3 mins and Pleks becomes more productive in seasons end.

Eller can still have a descent winger on his right, Moen on the left. Let's also remember that lines do get changed from time to time. And when it happens I hope adding to Eller's wing, doesn't mean losing that insulation DD gets because I want his production to remain (and DD is insulated with the two biggest most productive wingers. Which he needs to allow him to play to his strength as a playmaker without having to open up the space he needs himself). And Eller was taking some tougher mins to give DD more sheltered mins.

So your riddle is easily solved.

Old
07-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post

So your riddle is easily solved.

If Travis Moen is part of your answer, I highly doubt anything is solved!!!

Closed Thread