HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 3.0

View Poll Results: 3rd ov. + (Tinordi or Beaulieu) for 1st ov?
NO 161 85.64%
YES (trade Tinordi) 7 3.72%
YES (trade Beaulieu) 20 10.64%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
  #976
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Is it that bad an idea for Eller to eat up some of Pleks' PP and PK time? Pleks plays 22 mins a game, take away 2-3 mins and Pleks becomes more productive in seasons end.

Eller can still have a descent winger on his right, Moen on the left. Let's also remember that lines do get changed from time to time. And when it happens I hope adding to Eller's wing, doesn't mean losing that insulation DD gets because I want his production to remain (and DD is insulated with the two biggest most productive wingers. Which he needs to allow him to play to his strength as a playmaker without having to open up the space he needs himself). And Eller was taking some tougher mins to give DD more sheltered mins.

So your riddle is easily solved.
Pretty straight forward and easily digested for me,I can't see writing a book on a subject like this.My girlfriend read it and understood no problem,living with a Hab fan has it's benefits.

S Bah is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
  #977
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
Riddle me this, if he is given better wingers & more ice time, then he would actually be the 2nd line or even 1st line center as one of Plekanec or Desharnias would have to sacrifice their ice time & wingers in order to do so!!!

It doesn`t matter how you shuffle the deck, this team still has the same players. The first line wingers are Patches & Cole, the second line wingers will be Gionta & probably Bourque!!!
I have to disagree with that. As Habs' fans should be aware, injuries do happen throughout a season, and so is the players performances. If Eller is ready to take the extra step, he will, like any young player, force the coach's hand to use him more and in key situations. That's how every single young player finds his niche in the NHL. Baring injuries, let's say that the Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty line goes cold, Therrien might try Eller instead of Desharnais. If he seizes his chances, he might force management's hands at some point. That's how in works.

As for having the same players, you seem to be (conveniently) forgetting that the team spent the season without Markov (huge for the PP in particular) and without it's captain, who had scored 57 goals the previous two seasons. There were other injuries as well but every team has those. You're also underestimating the fact that they were playing in a smothering system, which pushed the teams' best natural goals' scorer to be traded to Calgary in mid game.

All in all,with the new additions to the line-up, this team is better offensively than it was a year ago. I also encourage you to read the following article, which explains how the recent free agent acquisitions improve the Habs offense.

EDIT: Having said all of that, I would still like to see another Top 6 left winger added to the line-up.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 09:17 AM
  #978
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I have to disagree with that. As Habs' fans should be aware, injuries do happen throughout a season, and so is the players performances. If Eller is ready to take the extra step, he will, like any young player, force the coach's hand to use him more and in key situations. That's how every single young player finds his niche in the NHL. Baring injuries, let's say that the Cole-Desharnais-Pacioretty line goes cold, Therrien might try Eller instead of Desharnais. If he seizes his chances, he might force management's hands at some point. That's how in works.

As for having the same players, you seem to be (conveniently) forgetting that the team spent the season without Markov (huge for the PP in particular) and without it's captain, who had scored 57 goals the previous two seasons. There were other injuries as well but every team has those. You're also underestimating the fact that they were playing in a smothering system, which pushed the teams' best natural goals' scorer to be traded to Calgary in mid game.

All in all,with the new additions to the line-up, this team is better offensively than it was a year ago. I also encourage you to read the following article, which explains how the recent free agent acquisitions improve the Habs offense.

EDIT: Having said all of that, I would still like to see another Top 6 left winger added to the line-up.
How about Patrick Marleau for Scott Gomez same Cap hit both contracts end at the end of 2013-2014 season the change of scenery might help their games,no harm in trying.Dream a little dream.Maybe throw in Kaberle and Weber and have a miracle instead of a dream.


Last edited by S Bah: 07-07-2012 at 09:24 AM.
S Bah is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 09:24 AM
  #979
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
How about Patrick Marleau for Scott Gomez same Cap hit both contracts end at the end of 2013-2014 season the change of scenery might help their games,no harm in trying.Dream a little dream.Maybe throw in Kaberle and Weber and have a miracle instead of a dream.
Why would San Jose trade Marleau for Gomez?

think

Pierre Dagenais is online now  
Old
07-07-2012, 10:01 AM
  #980
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
.

As for having the same players, you seem to be (conveniently) forgetting that the team spent the season without Markov (huge for the PP in particular) and without it's captain, who had scored 57 goals the previous two seasons.
My mistake, I should have said same top four wingers. Markov has no impact on wingers playing with Eller.


Now that said, I agree, if Markov can round back into form quickly, if at all from that long layoff, he will be a difference maker.

& Gionta will be one the hardest working players on the team, who should score 20 something goals.

Yes, both were missed dearly last season without doubt.

Also, IMO, now that PK has endured the hateful sophomore jinx, I believe he will take the next step forward as to being a leader & star on this team, which in turn could take some of the pressure off of Markov to be the key D-man on this team every night.

Uwey is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
  #981
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwey View Post
If Travis Moen is part of your answer, I highly doubt anything is solved!!!
Oh, so sorry, how about we trade a conditional 3rd for Ryan, maybe he'd make a good winger for Eller, he did play 4th line after all.

Seriously, Moen is your best bet on the 3rd line unless a miracle happens this year

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 10:56 AM
  #982
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Why would San Jose trade Marleau for Gomez?

think
Therefore the miracle instead of a dream.

S Bah is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 02:25 PM
  #983
toughstuff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gatineau
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Did I hear somewhere Shane Doan's cousin was Carry Price?
If so could Carry be trying to convince him to come to Mtl?

toughstuff is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 02:34 PM
  #984
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Oh, so sorry, how about we trade a conditional 3rd for Ryan, maybe he'd make a good winger for Eller, he did play 4th line after all.

Seriously, Moen is your best bet on the 3rd line unless a miracle happens this year


So in your opinion, playing Moen with Eller is his best best opportunity to prove his potential this coming season with the Habs.


I guess it boils down to a catch-22 situation, many say he must prove himself to be given an opportunity, while others believe he must be given an opportunity to prove himself.

I fear Lars Eller will be a victim in Montreal of circumstance. Plekanec is a proven veteran who deserves ice time, DD is the hometown, francophone, feel good story that deserves ice time & Galchenyuk is the heir in waiting who will be given ice time.


Although his size & strength, an inch taller & 5 lbs heavier than the "big" centerman we just just drafted, & position he plays should dictate the priority placed upon his development with the team, yet he may be better served as a winger, not unlike Louis Leblanc, to play a top six role to continue his development.

The problem is, I'm not the only Habs fan who feels size down the middle on our top two lines needs to addressed, so why the Hell move him to the wing.

We as Habs fans are like a dog chasing it's tail, we say the team needs to improve & improve drastically, but then deny the fact that changes need to be made or for that fact, even that changes can be made from within.


I have yet another question. If everyone seems so intent on pretty much keeping the lines that JM created last season, why was everyone so happy to see him removed from behind the bench???

Uwey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.