HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lightning sign Matt Taormina (1 year)

Old
07-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Decent guy for a #8/1st call-up. I don't really see him as a NHL player, but I wouldn't object to him being a top tier call-up.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

Tampa gave him a one-way contract...guess that means Aulie and Mikkelson are in Norfolk?

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Good signing. He's a solid number 6 or 7 ala Pete Harrold. Has some skill and can play the pp

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:29 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Tampa gave him a one-way contract...guess that means Aulie and Mikkelson are in Norfolk?
No, it's a 2way.

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|TBL|home

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Matt Taormina to a one-year, two-way contract today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Its 2 way. Plus Aulie (and maybe even Mikkelson) are not waiver exempt. Aulie will be hard to get through waivers IMO so I think he stays with TB even if he doesnt play too much.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 02:50 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpabuzz View Post
How is he a 7 or 8?

I thought Tampa's depth chart looked like this:

Carle
Hedman
Salo
Brewer
-------------> Where I would place Taormina
Commodore
Clark
Lee
Aulie
Bergeron

Still don't know why they were so adamant of keeping Bergeron around.
Wasn't he a #7/#8 in NJ!?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Callum
All In

Sounds like a good depth player that can jump into the NHL for a few games here and there. Loving our newly found defensive depth.

Callum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Elever
Hth

I might be getting him mixed with Urbom here but I think he'll play a bigger role than people think. These NJ dman prospects take time sometimes to make a break-through. Their oppurtunities are pretty limited. Adam Larsson went 4th overall and played good minus a blip after a return form injury but in the playoffs he was scratched even after performing well.

Maybe Taormina surprises a bit on TB (by surprise I mean make the team and play 15ish minutes).

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
I might be getting him mixed with Urbom here but I think he'll play a bigger role than people think. These NJ dman prospects take time sometimes to make a break-through. Their oppurtunities are pretty limited. Adam Larsson went 4th overall and played good minus a blip after a return form injury but in the playoffs he was scratched even after performing well.

Maybe Taormina surprises a bit on TB (by surprise I mean make the team and play 15ish minutes).
Larsson was not performing well

He took the hit from Subban and injured his tailbone when he hit the boards - when he came back (maybe a bit too soon) he just wasn't the same so we scratched him and Harrold was playing solid so there wasn't a reason to take Harrold out for Larsson

TB will like Tao, quietly good defensemen, might be small but he's very good positionally and has a good shot from up top, wouldn't surprise me in the least if he sees a lot of NHL action for TB

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote