HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Old
07-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Rick Nash

Something is confusing me. Why are the Jackets shopping Rick Nash to divisional rival Detroit, but not us? On paper we have better prospects, and have more to offer CBJ than the Wings.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

It could be that Nash is not willing to waive his NTC to come here, but is ok with going to Detroit.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

because **** us, that's why.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
It could be that Nash is not willing to waive his NTC to come here, but is ok with going to Detroit.
Exactly

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
This needs to be the team slogan for next season

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

I know what it's like to be in the Nash sweepstakes and trust me, you guys want no part of this. You should see some of the reported offers that are getting turned down. If Nash gets traded it's going to be for someone's entire roster. Praying the Rangers don't land him.

If Nash indeed won't waive his NTC to come to Nashville, then that's finally one good thing that happened to the Preds this offseason in my book.

In fact, it's so bad that I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not a Jacket next season, barring some major reform on Howson's end. Heard yesterday that he still wants two of McDonagh/Kreider/Stepan even though we've been saying no to that for what, six months?

Last edited by Machinehead: 07-06-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 09:16 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Something is confusing me. Why are the Jackets shopping Rick Nash to divisional rival Detroit, but not us? On paper we have better prospects, and have more to offer CBJ than the Wings.
Because his opinion of Nashville is skewed by that of stereotypes. Everyone outside of the south thinks Nashville is all about cowboy hats and all about country music. They think the fans aren't knowledgeable and that we don't show up to games. When in actuality we had the highest percentage of attendance out of any southern franchise(sorry I don't consider STL the south and LA has about 15 more million people than us so filling an arena of 17k ppl should not be difficult.)

Nashville had 97.5% of seats filled this year. That is impressive for us.

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
Because his opinion of Nashville is skewed by that of stereotypes. Everyone outside of the south thinks Nashville is all about cowboy hats and all about country music. They think the fans aren't knowledgeable and that we don't show up to games. When in actuality we had the highest percentage of attendance out of any southern franchise(sorry I don't consider STL the south and LA has about 15 more million people than us so filling an arena of 17k ppl should not be difficult.)

Nashville had 97.5% of seats filled this year. That is impressive for us.
He's played here several times during his career. I think he knows more about Nashville than that.
Also why have Detroit on his list and not Chicago, St Louis or Nashville. Of all the division rivals of the Jackets, Detroit has to be the most hated (Ohio / Michigan).

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
HA. Yes!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Sleazoid
Who needs offense?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

I'm already on it.
<-------

Sleazoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Fo Shea Shea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
He's played here several times during his career. I think he knows more about Nashville than that.
Also why have Detroit on his list and not Chicago, St Louis or Nashville. Of all the division rivals of the Jackets, Detroit has to be the most hated (Ohio / Michigan).
Big difference in playing somewhere a handful of times and living there 9-10 months out of the year.

I'm sure he has his reasons as to where and why he would like to be traded. Don't know why you are so stunned Detroit is on his list. The whole Michigan/Ohio thing is such crap. First off he is from Canada. The only people who care about the Michigan/Ohio rivalry are people who where born and have lived in those states all or most of there lives. Secondly, business and money trumps a stupid college football rivalry every time.

Fo Shea Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Off-season Avatars 2012 - Because **** Us

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:13 AM
maplepred

Screw Rick Nash. So tired of hearing about him.

I never thought we would have a worse offseason than last but it's shaping up that way unless dp gets into high gear, which I don't know if I've ever seen from him...

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Screw Rick Nash. So tired of hearing about him.

I never thought we would have a worse offseason than last but it's shaping up that way unless dp gets into high gear, which I don't know if I've ever seen from him...
After all of the hand wringing and ranting about how last summer went down, look at the team that came out of it. We're still about three months from the start of the regular season ... one big name potential free agent hasn't decided if he'll go to the open market yet, several good players are still out there, and nobody has really started trading yet.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:42 AM
maplepred

Sure things turned out ok last season because we did have good young guys. Does that mean we had a great offseason and poile killed it? No, it was still a terrible offseason with zero good additions and just losses. Poile was so lucky some young guys stepped up. Can he get that lucky two years in a row??

I don't see how we can lose part of the heart of the team (suter) and make no additions and still contend for playoffs. So I just really hope poile has something up his sleeve big time, but usually poile wears short sleeves so nothing can be up there but nasty armpit hair lol.

Your right trades haven't started, but do you think we actually have a chance at Bobby Ryan?? When big glamorous markets are out there with tons of coverage??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
After all of the hand wringing and ranting about how last summer went down, look at the team that came out of it. We're still about three months from the start of the regular season ... one big name potential free agent hasn't decided if he'll go to the open market yet, several good players are still out there, and nobody has really started trading yet.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Sure things turned out ok last season because we did have good young guys. Does that mean we had a great offseason and poile killed it? No, it was still a terrible offseason with zero good additions and just losses. Poile was so lucky some young guys stepped up. Can he get that lucky two years in a row??

I don't see how we can lose part of the heart of the team (suter) and make no additions and still contend for playoffs. So I just really hope poile has something up his sleeve big time, but usually poile wears short sleeves so nothing can be up there but nasty armpit hair lol.

Your right trades haven't started, but do you think we actually have a chance at Bobby Ryan?? When big glamorous markets are out there with tons of coverage??
We lost a big name free agent this summer ... it sucks short term but it's part of growing as a franchise. It happens across the league every summer. Last summer, we let a few players go, had a conscious effort to go younger, and it worked out. This year the only major hole is from Suter's departure. Tootoo was a frequently scratched bottom six forward, AK and Radulov a part of the roster for just a brief time and our top six functioned pretty well before their arrival last season, and Lindback was replaced at backup already.

The probable course of action has us bringing in another veteran minute eating d-man to fill that hole in the lineup. Offensively, it's always nice to upgrade, but, we aren't in dire need up front. If Doan does hit the market, I see us making a sizable offer to him. Semin is a longshot. Then there is the trade market to try to swing a Ryan type player .... longshot that we get that deal.

2007 will remain the worst off season ever for the foreseeable future.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
maplepred

I can't argue with ya on that one 101,
My ideal situation is we trade Blum and pick(s) for jbo to 'replace' suter. Then trade the farm for either Bobby Ryan, Patrick marleau, and make another big cup run for this coming season! Then worry about the future after. I think poile is to afraid to sell out the future for the present.

I think with guys in system like budish, ekholm, cehlin, Watson, aberg, sissons, beck, latta, Blum, Ellis, etc, we can afford to move a few and/or picks to make something happen. Maybe poile is doing this though and players just don't want to play here??

Old
07-07-2012, 12:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
My ideal situation is we trade Blum and pick(s) for jbo to 'replace' suter. Then trade the farm for either Bobby Ryan, Patrick marleau, and make another big cup run for this coming season! Then worry about the future after. I think poile is to afraid to sell out the future for the present.

I think with guys in system like budish, ekholm, cehlin, Watson, aberg, sissons, beck, latta, Blum, Ellis, etc, we can afford to move a few and/or picks to make something happen. Maybe poile is doing this though and players just don't want to play here??
Nash holds all of the cards here. He can stay in Columbus and get paid a lot of money or he can give a list of teams he's willing to move to and get paid a lot of money. That list of teams where Nash wants to play probably isn't the same list of teams that would provide the best return in trade to Columbus. It's a risk taken with every NMC/NTC.

Poile chased the two leading UFAs hard this year. The Nashville Predators made at least one 13 year, $90million offer and the one to Parise probably was comparable. They chose elsewhere. Now Poile is looking at plans B, C, and later. There's the need to deal with Weber, either bring in a d-man to fill Suter's spot or take the huge risk of penciling in Josi for that role come opening night, and looking to bolster our forward lines.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:03 PM
thecloser

the situation with Weber has to be handled first. Then we also have to see whats gonna happen with SK and then we need to find out if Doan is gonna hit the market. If so, we need and will give him a sizable offer. I'd still like to see us go after Semin.

As for the defensive side of things, I think we'd be better off signing a Kubina, Jurcina, Spacek, or Coliacovo and then trying to get Bobby Ryan. And I say scrap the Jbo idea. If we're gonna offer a trade for any defenseman i think we need to offer Phoenix for Yandle

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:

I would love to see Marleau or a guy like him (Doan?) in a Preds uni.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I know what it's like to be in the Nash sweepstakes and trust me, you guys want no part of this. You should see some of the reported offers that are getting turned down. If Nash gets traded it's going to be for someone's entire roster. Praying the Rangers don't land him.

If Nash indeed won't waive his NTC to come to Nashville, then that's finally one good thing that happened to the Preds this offseason in my book.

In fact, it's so bad that I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not a Jacket next season, barring some major reform on Howson's end. Heard yesterday that he still wants two of McDonagh/Kreider/Stepan even though we've been saying no to that for what, six months?
I found this kind of funny. The Sharks "reportedly" (I don't believe it) offered Pavleski, Clowe, and a first and were rejected.

Apparently its Couture or no deal.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote