HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulikov to Edmonton

Old
07-07-2012, 10:18 AM
CommonMeans*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Clearly the OP doesn't have a clue about Edmonton's prospects and the last thing the Oilers need is another D prospect. Is Kulikov better the J.Schultz, no. Is he better then Klefbom, no. It's debatable if he's better then Musil, Gernat, and Marincin. Kulikov looks like he could be a great D, but Edmonton passes.
The Oilers will be very lucky if J. Schultz turns out to be as good as Kulikov.

CommonMeans* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Kulikov is a 21 year old PMD with 3 years NHL experience, who is already defensively responsible and whose offense is getting better and better. His stick handling and shooting skills were good enough that he won games in the shoot out for Florida. As such, I am confident that a number of teams would be lining up to make strong offers for him if Tallon made him available.

The Oilers and the Cats really do not make good trade partners.
Sure they do. The problem is that, like most HF fanbases (all, really), everyone looks at their players as gold and the players they want as poop. Trade my gold for your poop? I'm offended! Derp Derp Derp.

I think the two teams have extra pieces that certainly could complement the other.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:20 AM
9GWG9

I have to see this Kid. I don't think he makes the top sixty

9GWG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:29 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Sure they do. The problem is that, like most HF fanbases (all, really), everyone looks at their players as gold and the players they want as poop. Trade my gold for your poop? I'm offended! Derp Derp Derp.

I think the two teams have extra pieces that certainly could complement the other.
Perhaps, but Kulikov is not an "extra" piece - he is part of a young core moving forward in FLA. If the Oilers want him a comparable piece needs to be offered.

Let me put it this way, if Schultz was offered straight up the Panthers would easily decline in my opinion.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:43 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Matter View Post
The only reason for this, and it's with fans of other teams, not actual NHL GM's, etc, is because most fans of other teams see what the Oilers are creating and know we'll be in the realm of the Hawks/Penguins fairly soon and challenging for position in the playoffs.
Those 'fans' have seen the Oilers pick three top young players, have a host of other young prospects in minor leagues, Europe, etc, and picked up the top young defenceman that every other team wanted.

I don't propose trades because these so called fans will whine, ***** and complain about them no matter how good, poor, realistic, they are so I'm not sure why Oiler fans ever even try to have a rational conversation with most of these people.

In a couple of years there will be plenty of fans trying to get any of the Oil's top 20 players and they know it so, for now, they need to get their digs, etc, forgetting that pretty much every team in the league was once at the bottom....including their own beloved teams..Have a look back at history folks...Or perhaps, you already have and are really afraid because you know the Oil is rising to the top and every other team will, again, have their turn at the bottom...

Ahhh, it's great to be an Oil fan...
Yeah, NHL 12 is a fun game.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Looking over Kulikov I see a possible good PMD, but in 3yrs he has never score more then 27pts. He's a below average shot blocker and a average hitter and has had a rash of ankle and knee injuries. Is he better then Petry right now no, but he could be. The Only difference is Petry is tougher, more physical, and good shot blocker, but he doesn't have as good of shot. After signing J.Schultz I say pass on Kulikov. If Whitney comes back and preforms well, Dmitry Kulikov could end up riding the pine in Edmonton.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
StrongIslanders90

Damn dont trade Kulikov to EDM.....

NYI will give Nino

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Perhaps, but Kulikov is not an "extra" piece - he is part of a young core moving forward in FLA. If the Oilers want him a comparable piece needs to be offered.

Let me put it this way, if Schultz was offered straight up the Panthers would easily decline in my opinion.
I don't disagree with what you've said. But a player like Sam Gagner could be a piece of most teams young core. I wouldn't suggest that moving Kulikov is likely at all right now, but if it would be for a realistic return, Gagner is the type of guy he would fetch.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
jokerboysmith

Quote:
Looking over Kulikov I see a possible good PMD, but in 3yrs he has never score more then 27pts. He's a below average shot blocker and a average hitter and has had a rash of ankle and knee injuries. Is he better then Petry right now no, but he could be. The Only difference is Petry is tougher, more physical, and good shot blocker, but he doesn't have as good of shot. After signing J.Schultz I say pass on Kulikov. If Whitney comes back and preforms well, Dmitry Kulikov could end up riding the pine in Edmonton.
With candidates like Sutton, Peckham and Potter, Kulikov would not ride the pine.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:56 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Kulikov would be the star blueliner in Edmonton over night. The kid is going to be a stud.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:56 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Kulikov would be the star blueliner in Edmonton over night. The kid is going to be a stud.
Exactly why he won't get dealt.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:02 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Exactly why he won't get dealt.
Agreed.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:04 AM
fryburger

There is always a trade that could happen. I think the oilers are going to develope the defencemen they have now. As few mention we don't have trade bait outside our top 4 guys. But you never know what prospect the oilers have that florida wants, combined with hemsky or gagner.

Of course an oiler fan want's hemsky, gagner, and other gone for excellent player such as kulikov.

I always find it funny how everyone put's down the players the oilers offer to any team. Hemsky does have value, whether is worth a kulikov only the GM's know.

fryburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Kulikov has his own flaws, as well.

You have to give to get.

I'm actually a Panthers fan. Most of the top free agents have signed, Semin is realistically not coming here, and I really think that Gagner has more skill than he's shown. He's only 22, himself. Even if he puts up the point totals that he's put up so far in his career, he's still better than what we currently have up front.

Edmonton probably doesn't care to have him because...well, they have RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yapukov. It's easy to not think much of a forward when you have drafted four studs, making that forward someone who's no longer a necessity.
I applaud your rational and well thought out trade proposal. Kulikov is a good young defenseman but the Oilers have nothing for prospects down the middle. Trading Gagner would mean the Oilers would have to play Horcoff at 2C. Renneys gone so that means Gagner wont be starting the season at 3RW, and the 2C job is his to lose. This training camp so he'll be playing with a combination of Hall/Paajarvi/Smyth on LW and Eberle/Yakupov/Hemsky on RW

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
LOL please Kulikov would be One of if not your best defensemen.

And he's only 21. Florida wouldnt even listen to offers unless one of the big four are somehow coming back.

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
fryburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
LOL please Kulikov would be One of if not your best defensemen.

And he's only 21. Florida wouldnt even listen to offers unless one of the big four are somehow coming back.
There isn't one player right now on on Florida is worth any of the oilers top 4.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryburger View Post
There isn't one player right now on on Florida is worth any of the oilers top 4.
This may be true, but it's not like Florida is knocking on the Oilers' door saying "here's Kulikov, what can we get?"

If the Oilers want Kulikov, then they need to pay. If they don't want to pay for Kulikov, they won't get him And I'm not necessarily saying it would take top 4 either.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:47 AM
fryburger

Quote:
This may be true, but it's not like Florida is knocking on the Oilers' door saying "here's Kulikov, what can we get?"

If the Oilers want Kulikov, then they need to pay. If they don't want to pay for Kulikov, they won't get him And I'm not necessarily saying it would take top 4 either.
It was Florida fan that started this? Anyways there is no options here for either team. It's Win/Lose situation, and trading has to be a Win/Win aka Hockey Trade.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Clearly the OP doesn't have a clue about Edmonton's prospects and the last thing the Oilers need is another D prospect. Is Kulikov better the J.Schultz, no. Is he better then Klefbom, no. It's debatable if he's better then Musil, Gernat, and Marincin. Kulikov looks like he could be a great D, but Edmonton passes.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerboysmith View Post
With candidates like Sutton, Peckham and Potter, Kulikov would not ride the pine.
Those guys are probably 6/7/8(AHL) on the Oilers depth chart next year. So bumping them down the line doesn't get Kulikov a lineup spot. Of course he would make the Oilers, but picking our healthy scratches is hardly a sound argument.
Smid-Petry
J. Schultz-Whitney
N. Schultz-Peckham
Sutton

Old
07-07-2012, 11:53 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Not good trading partners.

Kulikov is the only high end PMD in the Florida system. I'd rather move Gudbranson than Kulikov. The incentive to move Kulikov isn't high, and he'll be a borderline elite Defenseman in the NHL within 2-3 years.

Edmonton has nothing Florida would particular covet outside the Big 4 Forwards ; a core i doubt Edmonton is looking to deal. You'd have to add a nice piece along with Kulikov for one of them (With Hall being the most attainable IMO).
I wouldn't say there not good trade partners .... Edmonton fans and maybe the GM have a wet spot for the big 4 players so they always say NO .... Value is very close if Kulikov is traded for 1 of them... I would say more possible in 2 yrs .. just so Edm can have so time to decide witch ones they want to keep.. Sorry Edmonton just can't keep them all IMO money problems later .. So enjoy them now

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
CommonMeans*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryburger View Post
It was Florida fan that started this? Anyways there is no options here for either team. It's Win/Lose situation, and trading has to be a Win/Win aka Hockey Trade.
Oh so it was, hahaha. Wow.

I agree with what you say nonetheless

Old
07-07-2012, 11:55 AM
oilersfan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
wow, giving up on Paajarvi and Klefbom at the same time.
It's not that I'm giving up on them, but that's what it would take to get Kulikov

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Mr Lahey*

Kulikov would fetch RNH, Hall, Yakupov or Eberle in a fair hockey trade. And yes I am being serious.

Oiler fans on Hfboards, or atleast the vocal one like the guys in this thread or that 5 rings and a beer guy, have truely become delusional about their prospects and youth. Its a great crop but there are other elite young players out there that are valued as high or higher then your guys.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Mr Lahey*

For anyone saying Kulikov would ride the pine in edm, I really pity you.

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote