HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Stars Boucher out indefinitely..

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 06:49 AM
Wyvern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Deadmarsh (concussion)
Allison (whiplash/depression/who knows)
Palffy (puck to the face while on the bench)
Stumpel (chest contusion I believe)
Laperierre (concussion)
Armstrong (broken finger)
Aulin (dislocated shoulder)

At least their D is healthy for the most part.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

forsberg kariya nikolishin, worrell, hahl svatos
you could make an all star team out of thses two injured lists

forsberg kariya nikolishin, worrell, hahl svatos
you could make an all star team out of thses two injured lists.
Add Modano, Turgeon, Boucher, and Numminen.

Now you got a pretty good defensive pairing

Old
12-01-2003, 07:00 AM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
The colour guy's reaction says it all.
I know Berard's inury was pretty awful but as far as facial injuries I've witnessed during a game, Boucher's was absolutely scary. I was amazed there wasn't a huge pool of blood on the ice after he got up. I knew right away he would either have a fractured cheek / orbital / skull, but I couldn't quite tell exactly where the puck impacted... I just knew it wasn't pretty.

Felt really bad for the guy.

And this is why -- as noted a few posts back -- we should all be wearing visors, whether we play recreationally or in a professional league. There are just too many ways to sustain devastating facial injuries in this game. I really think the only reason to not wear one boils down to stubborness and pride.

I just don't get it. I wear a visor and yah, you have to wipe it off a couple times a game if you don't spray the shield with anti-fogger, but what a small price to pay. As far as being on the ice with a shield, 90% of the time I don't even notice it's there. The only times I do are when I have short shifts and don't have time to wipe it off while I'm on the bench... then the sweat comes down, etc.

And as far as looks, I think most visors look cooler than playing without one. I just don't get guys who don't wear 'em. Even if you're a enforcer, just take it off before the bout. Would make for more exciting fights anyway!

There's a couple guys in my rat league who don't wear them and I feel like skating up to them and asking if they were born retarded vs. it being a conscious decision. A rat league! Sticks flying, wid slapshots, a bad skater on the ice at least every other shift... why would you *not* wear one?

:mad:

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 12-01-2003 at 07:05 AM.
Closed Thread