HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Semin part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 03:37 AM
  #76
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,353
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
theres been like no evidence of that ever (to the best of my knowledge)... i really didnt hear about this until 1 month ago. plus your quote proves its probably bs
Cool, that'd be pretty sweet if true. Semin would be a nice additon.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 03:37 AM
  #77
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
Pretty sure Bradley was an Assistant Captain, and was with the Caps for a long time. I'll take guys like Bradley over Semin any day. Bradley speaking the truth about Semin doesn't make him a bad teammate.

Guys like Bradley, Brouwer, Laich are>>>>> Semin in the playoffs
5 teams in 11 years, clearly theres something wrong, and semin has done more in the playoffs than any of the players you listed

um is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 03:39 AM
  #78
Honour Over Glory
Registered User
 
Honour Over Glory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Didn't they have problems with one another in Washington? Maybe somebody can clarify?
That sort of thing did wonders for the Pens when Sid & Martin called Parise, eh?

Honour Over Glory is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 04:13 AM
  #79
dahlenrules
Registered User
 
dahlenrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
5 teams in 11 years, clearly theres something wrong, and semin has done more in the playoffs than any of the players you listed
The # of teams a player has been on does not automatically = bad player. And unless i'm missing something, I believe Bradley has only been on 4 teams in 11 years. He had 1 year stints with Pitt and Fla, 3 years with SJ, and 6 years with the Caps(Same as Semin). Not too bad for a 4th liner.

Stats wise, sure he might have a few more points, but that doesn't always = wins. Plus his $6.7mil salary was ridiculously high, and much higher than any of the players I listed.

Last year's playoff stats. Swapped out Bradley for Chimera since Brads wasn't on the Caps last year. Semin was badly outscored by both Chimera and Laich, and was tied with Brouwer. Also all of these players except Semin at some point have been Assistant Captains for the Caps.

Semin GP14 G3 A1 P4(Doesn't really need to wear a cup)
Brouwer GP14 G2 A2 P4(Stanley Cup winner with CHI)
Laich GP14 G2 A5 P7
Chimera GP14 G4 A3 P7

dahlenrules is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:10 AM
  #80
Cujomi
YNWA
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlenrules View Post
The # of teams a player has been on does not automatically = bad player. And unless i'm missing something, I believe Bradley has only been on 4 teams in 11 years. He had 1 year stints with Pitt and Fla, 3 years with SJ, and 6 years with the Caps(Same as Semin). Not too bad for a 4th liner.

Stats wise, sure he might have a few more points, but that doesn't always = wins. Plus his $6.7mil salary was ridiculously high, and much higher than any of the players I listed.

Last year's playoff stats. Swapped out Bradley for Chimera since Brads wasn't on the Caps last year. Semin was badly outscored by both Chimera and Laich, and was tied with Brouwer. Also all of these players except Semin at some point have been Assistant Captains for the Caps.

Semin GP14 G3 A1 P4(Doesn't really need to wear a cup)
Brouwer GP14 G2 A2 P4(Stanley Cup winner with CHI)
Laich GP14 G2 A5 P7
Chimera GP14 G4 A3 P7
So because of one year that means that they're better in the playoffs? BADLY outscored by 3 points...anyone can have a fluke season or playoff run.

Let's look at the previous 4 years:

2010-2011
Semin GP9, G4, A2, P6
Brouwer GP7, G0, A0, P0
Laich GP9, G1, A6, P7
Chimera GP9, G2, A2, P4

2009-2010
Semin GP7, G0, A2, P2
Brouwer GP19, G4, A4, P8
Laich GP7, G2, A1, P3
Chimera GP7, G1, A2, P3

2008-2009
Semin GP14, G5, A9, P14
Brouwer GP17, G0, A2, P2
Laich GP14, G3, A4, P7
Chimera GP0, G0, A0, P0

2007-2008
Semin GP7, G3, A5, P8
Brouwer GP0, G0, A0, P0
Laich GP7, G1, A5, P6
Chimera GP4, G0, A1, P1

IDK...it seems like they're all pretty inconsistent except for Laich, and Semin only had one point less than Laich in his bad years, and "badly" outscored him in good ones. We know that Semin is inconsistent but that doesn't mean he isn't valuable. Bradley is a plug talking out of his ass.

Cujomi is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:25 AM
  #81
dahlenrules
Registered User
 
dahlenrules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
So because of one year that means that they're better in the playoffs? BADLY outscored by 3 points...anyone can have a fluke season or playoff run.

Let's look at the previous 4 years:

2010-2011
Semin GP9, G4, A2, P6
Brouwer GP7, G0, A0, P0
Laich GP9, G1, A6, P7
Chimera GP9, G2, A2, P4

2009-2010
Semin GP7, G0, A2, P2
Brouwer GP19, G4, A4, P8
Laich GP7, G2, A1, P3
Chimera GP7, G1, A2, P3

2008-2009
Semin GP14, G5, A9, P14
Brouwer GP17, G0, A2, P2
Laich GP14, G3, A4, P7
Chimera GP0, G0, A0, P0

2007-2008
Semin GP7, G3, A5, P8
Brouwer GP0, G0, A0, P0
Laich GP7, G1, A5, P6
Chimera GP4, G0, A1, P1

IDK...it seems like they're all pretty inconsistent except for Laich, and Semin only had one point less than Laich in his bad years, and "badly" outscored him in good ones. We know that Semin is inconsistent but that doesn't mean he isn't valuable. Bradley is a plug talking out of his ass.
When it is by almost twice as many points, and their salary is much less than Semin's, yes it is bad. I'm not saying that Semin is a horrible player. What i'm saying is that for the money he made, and how inconsistent he was, he isn't worth what he was paid, and was one of the least significant players last year in the playoffs. He had one good run in 2008-09(who didn't on the Caps that year), had a couple series where he looked good but didn't do anything, and the rest has been horrible.

Semin potentially has value to a different team, but he needs to be done in DC. And like I said before about points; it isn't everything. I'll still take all those guys over Semin in a playoff run...except probably not Bradley now, but back in the day it'd be Bradley.

The best thing that the Caps could do is dump passengers like Semin and Schultz and pick up someone like Doan and a Dman at the trade deadline.

dahlenrules is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
  #82
HeliDevil
Legend
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,377
vCash: 500
I wish this guy would just sign already so I could get on with my life.

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
  #83
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Devil View Post
I wish this guy would just sign already so I could get on with my life.
Maybe he is waiting until Doan situation gets resolved

last_sd is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:31 PM
  #84
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
Maybe he is waiting until Doan situation gets resolved
That "Manics" guy who broke the Parise/Suter to Minny story says Semin signs by the weekend:

Quote:
@ManicsFromGAF: "Semin mulling over two offers. Decision will come this weekend but his heart still remains in DC"

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
  #85
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
As a nervous Semin owner in fantasy, I just want him to sign. Detroit would be nice.

tv14 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:52 PM
  #86
Harvey Specter
Boooooone
 
Harvey Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Oxford-Malmö-Sydney
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Devil View Post
I wish this guy would just sign already so I could get on with my life.
...seriously?

go out. have a beer.

Harvey Specter is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 12:58 PM
  #87
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
As a nervous Semin owner in fantasy, I just want him to sign. Detroit would be nice.
You may be disappointed. Unless Holland is being really quite (which is possible), there hasn't been any rumor/info about Wings being interested in Semin. I think they want to go to Doan instead of Semin

last_sd is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
  #88
aquablue
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Hockey Insider on Twitter reported Pitt having a 4 year deal on the table, which is the best offer so far!

aquablue is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
  #89
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Hockey Insider on Twitter reported Pitt having a 4 year deal on the table, which is the best offer so far!

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
  #90
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
You may be disappointed. Unless Holland is being really quite (which is possible), there hasn't been any rumor/info about Wings being interested in Semin. I think they want to go to Doan instead of Semin
Ya, I didn't know if the speculation was based on anything substantial or not. Pittsburgh would be alright too.

tv14 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:04 PM
  #91
cupforwings09
Registered User
 
cupforwings09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Hockey Insider on Twitter reported Pitt having a 4 year deal on the table, which is the best offer so far!
Wasn't it like 4 years at 4.5 per? That would be a steal for Pit

cupforwings09 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
  #92
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
Wasn't it like 4 years at 4.5 per? That would be a steal for Pit
40 year olds sign for that money. No way Semin does.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
  #93
aquablue
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupforwings09 View Post
Wasn't it like 4 years at 4.5 per? That would be a steal for Pit
Well, he didn't mention the numbers. Oh, and I've no idea if this is a reliable source, so take it for what it is.

aquablue is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
  #94
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
40 years sign for that money. No way Semin does.
While I doubt that Semin will sign for 4.5M per, maybe not many teams offered him contract over 2 years? I thought he wanted long term contract

last_sd is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:07 PM
  #95
aquablue
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
If Semin's heart is in DC, McPhee obviously is not reciprocating those emotions.

aquablue is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:09 PM
  #96
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by last_sd View Post
While I doubt that Semin will sign for 4.5M per, maybe not many teams offered him contract over 2 years? I thought he wanted long term contract
If that's the case, then Gandler will wait as the summer drags on and trades are completed. A team or two will get desperate at some point.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:12 PM
  #97
last_sd
Registered User
 
last_sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
If that's the case, then Gandler will wait as the summer drags on and trades are completed. A team or two will get desperate at some point.
Yeah I agree. I think that's the reason why he didn't sign the day after Parise/Suter deal was done. He will wait until some GM cave. He always has the back up plan of KHL (although he would prefer NHL)

last_sd is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:20 PM
  #98
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
That "Manics" guy who broke the Parise/Suter to Minny story says Semin signs by the weekend:
Does he mentions teams anywhere?

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:23 PM
  #99
Dupree13
Registered User
 
Dupree13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,102
vCash: 500
Somebody said earlier in the Semin thread that people will be surprised at how little he ends up getting. Assuming he doesn't go the KHL route, I agree with that. I just heard an interview with the Washington Post Caps beat writer (can't remember her name) and she suspected that Semin's stock around the league is not very high, and he probably won't get anything long term unless it's at a fairly discount rate.

Dupree13 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
  #100
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Does he mentions teams anywhere?
Nope. Someone should add him to their Twitter and find out. I have DM before but he seems slow to reply.

ForzaItalia is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.