HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

#1/#2 Defenceman to Detroit

Old
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
TradeBait

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Mike Green for Zetterberg straight up is pretty fair.

Carlson and Alzner aren't going anywhere.

I wouldn't call it fair, but guess it would take a huge over payment like that.

Too bad Z isn't going anywhere, he'll get named captain soon and in Detroit, being captain of the Red Wings pretty much gives you immunity.

TradeBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant123 View Post
Going to spit something out and see how it is received haha.

Phaneuf + Reimer/Scrivens for Howard+
Makes me think of the Wings goaltender coach the other day speaking of Gustavson. You watch how he rebounds in Detroit as there going to let him, and I think the quote was, play to his athleticism and his strengths. Gee, novel idea. Reimer would do do too while Howard would be ruined in Toronto.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:08 PM
LSnow

Filppula + 1st for Mike Green + 3rd ?

Was gets a good complimentary winger with speed and creativity, Detroit can work their magic with Green and hope he rebounds..

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Mike Green for Zetterberg straight up is pretty fair.

Carlson and Alzner aren't going anywhere.
It's a huge overpayment by Detroit.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
In before Penguins fans come here to propose Martin is a number 1/2 defenseman and ask for Datsyuk.
Already moved one guy who was becoming too expensive as a 3rd line center, why would they want to create the same problem again?

While I think Martin would be an OK fit in DET, a deal wouldn't make any sense, IMO, without a 3rd team, or prior trade, involved.

Pens would need to find a solid 2nd pairing veteran to replace Martin's spot. I don't see that guy coming from DET, so straight up doesn't work. In another thread re: WPG, I asked about Mark Stuart. Stuart on the 2nd pair along side Niskanen or Despres, could make Martin expendable. Pens could afford to take some salary back with the space they created in the Staal and Michalek deals, though not sure who DET would be willing to move.

SuburbanRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
Rafalski didn't even know he was going to retire until the end of the season; this was AFTER trade deadline. Are you suggesting Holland can go above and beyond the NHL rules? Really?
I don't see your point, Rafalski retired during the off-season, so Holland could have looked for a replacement during the off-season? Are you trying to imply that if Holland knew before the trade dead-line he could have dealt Rafalski? What difference does it make if Holland found out before or after the dead-line?

Quote:
Who are all these "great" defensemen Holland could have landed? James Wisniewski? Niiiiiice!
Trade some of his forward prospects for a solid D-prospect instead of letting them turn 30 in the minors.

Quote:
You do realize Red Wings were up against the cap after 2009 and didn't have money to spend until last year when Wisniewski and a few other overrated dmen got severely overpaid?
And this is supposed to be in defence of Holland? Sure you can argue Holland didn't know exactly when Rafalski and Lidstrom would retire, but when your top D-line are both 35+ years of age, you have to know that you'll be left with a big hole to fill sooner or later.

Holland simply ignored the problem, and shouldn't be applauded for leaving himself no room in the cap to address it until last year, and then give a bunch of BS about him being happy with the team's core when he saw how much the prices sky-rocketed.

Quote:
People are mad but don't understand how NHL (and salary cap) work. Holland can't just pull a rabbit out of his arse.
It's the exact opposite, people are mad that Holland hasn't moved on from the immediate post lock-out era and still believes that every player is dying to come to Detroit and take a pay-cut to do it. Holland was one of the best GM's in the league for a long time, but really most of his core right now are late round gems and leftovers from the pre-salary cap era.

Holland just hasn't showed he can adjust to the new NHL, and all of his actions in the past 5 years support that idea.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Oleg Petrov

In order for DET to get a #1 or #2 back they are going to have to move one of Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Franzen. I don't think Detroit can afford to sacrifice their youth at this point and time.

Problem is the age on these three guys, and the term on Zetterberg & Franzen's contracts.

This leads me to believe that of the three, Datsyuk would have to be center piece of a trade for a True #1 defender.

Now you have to look at teams who are in "win now" mode and have a surplus of dmen.

- San Jose could move Boyle+
- NYR I think could move Mcdonagh or Staal +
- VAN could move Edler+
- BOS could move Hamilton+
- PHX could move Yandle +

I think, Phoenix makes the most sense, especially if they get a new owner. So in full my proposal would be:

Yandle
Hanzal
PHX's 2013 1st

for

Datsyuk
Det's 2013 2nd (if PHX does not advance to conf finals)

Oleg Petrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
last_sd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov View Post
In order for DET to get a #1 or #2 back they are going to have to move one of Datsyuk, Zetterberg or Franzen. I don't think Detroit can afford to sacrifice their youth at this point and time.

Problem is the age on these three guys, and the term on Zetterberg & Franzen's contracts.

This leads me to believe that of the three, Datsyuk would have to be center piece of a trade for a True #1 defender.

Now you have to look at teams who are in "win now" mode and have a surplus of dmen.

- VAN could move Edler+

I think, Phoenix makes the most sense, especially if they get a new owner. So in full my proposal would be:

Yandle
Hanzal
PHX's 2013 1st

for

Datsyuk
I think I will just role with

Kronwall - White
Quincey - Ericsson
Smith - Kindl/UFA
Kindl/UFA

than trade Datsyuk.

last_sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:24 PM
The Red Line

Quote:

- VAN could move Edler+

Yandle
Hanzal
PHX's 2013 1st

for

Datsyuk
LMAO. Not even close.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't going anywhere, so stop. That is the most absurd proposal yet in this thread full of absurd proposals.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
LMAO. Not even close.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't going anywhere, so stop. That is the most absurd proposal yet in this thread full of absurd proposals.
How do you expect to land a true #1 without moving one of them?

Old
07-07-2012, 12:27 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
The other team is the one adding if you want Z or Pasha.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:31 PM
TradeBait

Quote:
God help you if you think those are the only players who could attract a #1 D

In all seriousness, it would take a team's entire 1st forward line, 1st D-line and starting goalie if they wanted to Holland to let go of them.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Ishad

Quote:
The wings would be worse off with any #1 Dman acquired at cost of Dats or Zetterberg. They aren't moving them.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
The other team is the one adding if you want Z or Pasha.
That's what I said/meant.

What would you take as a return for Datsyuk from Phoenix?

Old
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
God help you if you think those are the only players who could attract a #1 D

In all seriousness, it would take a team's entire 1st forward line, 1st D-line and starting goalie if they wanted to Holland to let go of them.
God help me?

Name one.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Ishad

Quote:
That's what I said/meant.

What would you take as a return for Datsyuk from Phoenix?
For Dats, Yandle + OEL in short a massive overpayment.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Claypool

Detroit doesn't have the assets to acquire a true #1 or #2.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishad View Post
For Dats, Yandle + OEL in short a massive overpayment.
Wow. I love Datsyuk as much as the next guy. But I have to think that to improve going forward you guys have to consider moving him. Unless, you have prospects that are developing far better than most posters here think.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:41 PM
FeedingFrenzy

Wings need a stop gap for this year. Start by trading for Gonchar with Ottawa. He fits the Red Wings mold of Dmen(35+).Last year of a 5.5mil deal and I would surmise could be had for picks/prospects.

Kronwall-Gonchar
Quincey-White

Just a thought.

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Shareefruck

Ballard might benefit from a change of scenario and won't cost the farm.. But Wings fans might not be interested, period.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Oleg Petrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
Wings need a stop gap for this year. Start by trading for Gonchar with Ottawa. He fits the Red Wings mold of Dmen(35+).Last year of a 5.5mil deal and I would surmise could be had for picks/prospects.

Kronwall-Gonchar
Quincey-White

Just a thought.
Stop gap until what? The savior Brendan Smith is ready?

Old
07-07-2012, 12:54 PM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Ballard might benefit from a change of scenario and won't cost the farm.. But Wings fans might not be interested, period.
That is correct. Ballard is way overpaid for what he brings...

The thread specifies 1-2 defenseman as well... Something Ballard is not.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:00 PM
HTT3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINISHYOURMILK View Post
I don't see your point, Rafalski retired during the off-season, so Holland could have looked for a replacement during the off-season? Are you trying to imply that if Holland knew before the trade dead-line he could have dealt Rafalski? What difference does it make if Holland found out before or after the dead-line?

Trade some of his forward prospects for a solid D-prospect instead of letting them turn 30 in the minors.

And this is supposed to be in defence of Holland? Sure you can argue Holland didn't know exactly when Rafalski and Lidstrom would retire, but when your top D-line are both 35+ years of age, you have to know that you'll be left with a big hole to fill sooner or later.

Holland simply ignored the problem, and shouldn't be applauded for leaving himself no room in the cap to address it until last year, and then give a bunch of BS about him being happy with the team's core when he saw how much the prices sky-rocketed.

It's the exact opposite, people are mad that Holland hasn't moved on from the immediate post lock-out era and still believes that every player is dying to come to Detroit and take a pay-cut to do it. Holland was one of the best GM's in the league for a long time, but really most of his core right now are late round gems and leftovers from the pre-salary cap era.

Holland just hasn't showed he can adjust to the new NHL, and all of his actions in the past 5 years support that idea.
Again, Holland can't just pull a magic rabbit out of his arse.

After Rafi retired, are you suggesting Holland should have offered wisniewski or ehroff to insane over-payment contracts? Those guys are not even close to worth their contracts. In my mind, Holland won that FA by NOT signing players to those outrageous contracts.

Who are all these assets Holland had in 2009? DRWs are just NOW re-stocking their propsect pool.

Do you think teams are lining up to trade for Emmerton and Mursak?

Can people at least *try* to *pretent* to be somewhat reasonable?

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:04 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

i would do it

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
shultzyfeelinirie20

i would do it or weiss isnt he from Detroit???

shultzyfeelinirie20 is offline   Reply With Quote