HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf - next contracts

Old
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
fsanford

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Just when you think you've seen it all
Guess will see, if he has another bad year would the Ducks pay him over 6 million?

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
IBLeaf*

At least one of them will end up in Toronto if they hit UFA. The contracts will depend on the new CBA but I think they both get north of 7.5M AAV easily.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Getzlaf probably needs a change of scenary, based on his play the last couple of years, he is not worth anything north of 6 million, but someone will overpay.
Getzlaf is going nowhere. People need to understand this. His wife and son are very well settled into Anaheim. They love it here and Getzlaf has stated since being drafted that he wants to be a one team hockey player. Getzlaf is going nowhere.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Getzlaf is going nowhere. People need to understand this. His wife and son are very well settled into Anaheim. They love it here and Getzlaf has stated since being drafted that he wants to be a one team hockey player. Getzlaf is going nowhere.
Then Getzlaf should be prepared to take a lot less money than he can get as a UFA, because his performance over the last 3 seasons doesn't warrant a big raise from the Ducks.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
I don't recall either of them ever saying that. At all. And Murray has already started talking with their agents. I'm assuming it will be a longer process.
I expect they will sign extensions with Anaheim,based on their past comments.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ay-in-anaheim/
“I want to be part of [the solution in Anaheim] more than anything,” Getzlaf told the OC Register yesterday. “In junior, I played for the same team my whole career and I kind of imagined the same things when I came here and still do.”

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Then Getzlaf should be prepared to take a lot less money than he can get as a UFA, because his performance over the last 3 seasons doesn't warrant a big raise from the Ducks.
202 points in 215 games doesn't deserve a raise from 5m? And that's after his worst ever season outside his rookie year.

Sounds good to me!

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Last 3? Before I rip on that, I should say that 6.5 is a "hometown" discount anyway. Getzlaf is also an elite pwf top line center. Teams all around the league are desperately looking for one (hence why TML fans drool at the thought of signing him). His value is pretty high even with the ONE off year

last year, yes off year, we'll have to see how he bounces back (but look at how Lecavalier was and still is playing when he got his extension)

year before, injured but still 7th in the league in points per game

year before that 69 points in 66 games. I hardly call 1.04 PPG an off year.

Do a little fact checking before you put a player on blast.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:15 PM
ShootIt

Depends when they are re-signed, with relationship to the new CBA.

I think the max contract limit will be around 5-7 years.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
ChillyPalmer

Not saying they'll leave but they will most certainly test the market, especially with the way free agents have been getting paid these days. If Anaheim misses the playoffs this year, the both of them leaving is a real possibility. I think Perry will get a cap hit of around 7.5 per, and Getzlaf around 6.5 to 7.

ChillyPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:22 PM
fsanford

Quote:
202 points in 215 games doesn't deserve a raise from 5m? And that's after his worst ever season outside his rookie year.

Sounds good to me!
Wade Redden from 2000-2006 guy was +22 or better, and Mid to high 40's in points.
Then his last 2 seasons with Ottawa 2006-2008 he tapered off noticeably.

Rangers chose to ignore his last 2 years were not that good, and signed him to a huge deal. The rest. as they say is history.

Getzlaf will probably bounce back this year, but if he doesn't, do you pay a guy based on what he has done recently, or do you pay a guy based on what he did earlier in his career. More of a rhetorical question.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

My guess is identical 7 year, $50 million contracts.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Last 3? Before I rip on that, I should say that 6.5 is a "hometown" discount anyway. Getzlaf is also an elite pwf top line center. Teams all around the league are desperately looking for one (hence why TML fans drool at the thought of signing him). His value is pretty high even with the ONE off year

last year, yes off year, we'll have to see how he bounces back (but look at how Lecavalier was and still is playing when he got his extension)

year before, injured but still 7th in the league in points per game

year before that 69 points in 66 games. I hardly call 1.04 PPG an off year.

Do a little fact checking before you put a player on blast.
When I am talking big raise, I mean the $8M that some have suggested. Getzlaf has not played very well the last couple of seasons despite racking up impressive assist totals while playing with Perry.

If you want to base it solely on stats, then fine. The guy seems uninterested at times.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SEALBound

The two best wingers, IMHO, for Crosby are Parise and Perry.

Missed out on Parise...

I want Shero to throw the friggin MOON at Perry. 12 year, 96 mil...or whatever. I don't care. I want Perry.

Sorry Ducks...you guys are one of my favorite teams in the West...but GAH I WANT PERRY ON THE PENS!!!

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
xVolchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Getzlaf has 11/19/19 goals in the past 3 seasons, yet he's going to score a career high of 30 this upcoming year(scored 25 four years ago)?
Came to say this. He hasn't even scored 30 in the WHL.

xVolchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

If Anaheim has to choose between the two, I'd say they make the biggest effort to keep Getzlaf due to having better organizational depth at wing.

If Perry leaves I could see 7.5mil in a Canadian market...... Or, "Hey Corey, it's Sidney. You know how we have all this extra cap space, The money is burning a hole is Shero's pocket......."

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
He was pretty damn good the two years before that but he had bad injuries. Kings fans have always hated him for some reason.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:29 PM
TOGuy14

They will probably both get matching deals in and around $7.5M per for 10-12 years

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:30 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Getzlaf probably needs a change of scenary, based on his play the last couple of years, he is not worth anything north of 6 million, but someone will overpay.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I expect they will sign extensions with Anaheim,based on their past comments.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ay-in-anaheim/
“I want to be part of [the solution in Anaheim] more than anything,” Getzlaf told the OC Register yesterday. “In junior, I played for the same team my whole career and I kind of imagined the same things when I came here and still do.”
That sound just like Nash...

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Don't like Getzlaf at all. His point totals are inconsistent. And he seems lazy/arrogant. He was out partying every 2nd day at the Worlds. I know you guys don't consider it to be the biggest tournament but still. If you can't be professional with ur national team I don't want u on my NHL team.

Getzlaf is a great player but I dunno. Arrogant and lazy IMO. Would much rather have Perry than him.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:35 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

So much wrong in this thread, I'm actually going to stop contradicting people on this stuff. Get your hopes up guys, get ready to be let down.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:40 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Don't like Getzlaf at all. His point totals are inconsistent. And he seems lazy/arrogant. He was out partying every 2nd day at the Worlds. I know you guys don't consider it to be the biggest tournament but still. If you can't be professional with ur national team I don't want u on my NHL team.

Getzlaf is a great player but I dunno. Arrogant and lazy IMO. Would much rather have Perry than him.
The World Championships is just a holiday where they get to play a bit of extra hockey to be perfectly honest

Old
07-07-2012, 03:41 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
The World Championships is just a holiday where they get to play a bit of extra hockey to be perfectly honest
Explain is below 60 points this season in the NHL then ? He's a bad character IMO.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:43 PM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Explain is below 60 points this season in the NHL then ? He's a bad character IMO.
Had a bad season, haven't said otherwise tbh.

Is Getzlaf lazy on the ice sometimes? Yeah, but to say he has bad character is a bit extreme. Despite what may be posted in respect to him being captain and whether he should have it or not, he's very well respected within the organisation and specially in the locker room with Anaheim players from everything that I've read and seen from what players have said.