HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Development Camp 2012 July 6th-10th

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
  #76
DaAnimal
Registered User
 
DaAnimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 1,350
vCash: 500
I really thought Hyka and Pearson were big surprises so far at the development camp.

I gotta give props to Prokhorkin tho, he was pretty good out there. Has a nasty shot and isnt afraid to crash the net

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
  #77
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Thanks for the update Jose! I'll be there for the next few days and look forward to hanging out with you there!

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:28 AM
  #78
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Thanks for the update Jose! I'll be there for the next few days and look forward to hanging out with you there!
Then shouldn't you say "Yes way Jose!"

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:42 AM
  #79
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Then shouldn't you say "Yes way Jose!"
I just might as long as you bring me a torta to try.

Then if I don't run off to the bathroom 5 minutes later, I will definitely

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
  #80
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Rather empty in morning. D-men and goalies are practicing.

Intrigued by LaDue. Surprising skillset and quickness; stick seems too small for him. Deslauriers looks the most skilled of defensemen. Filling out nicely too; looks like Martinez before he made the Kings.

Ebert's lacking muscle. It's no wonder he struggled with increased workload/expectations.

Berube looks more refined than Gibson. More to come.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:29 PM
  #81
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Forward session is over. Pearson and Mersch were the standouts to me. Prokhorkin had some good looks as well.

Schumacher struggled a bit with the drills. Has a low panic threshold. Weal was slower than I remember, but a bit more filled out. Toffoli and Andreoff stayed a while after practice to work on power skating with Darryl Evans.

Will write up more once I can get my laptop going tonight.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 01:40 PM
  #82
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,403
vCash: 500
It's an amazing testament to DL's system that we can cast off very good prospects like Zatkoff and Mullen without missing a beat.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:10 PM
  #83
DontgoZiggy
Registered User
 
DontgoZiggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
One of Hammonds readers put some good dev camp photos up.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/07/07...t-camp-photos/

DontgoZiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:39 PM
  #84
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Forward session is over. Pearson and Mersch were the standouts to me. Prokhorkin had some good looks as well.

Schumacher struggled a bit with the drills. Has a low panic threshold. Weal was slower than I remember, but a bit more filled out. Toffoli and Andreoff stayed a while after practice to work on power skating with Darryl Evans.

Will write up more once I can get my laptop going tonight.
KP, do you know if the afternoon session starts at 3:15 or 3:40? I saw that the original schedule said 3:15, but Hammond posted 3:40 earlier today.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
  #85
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Forward session is over. Pearson and Mersch were the standouts to me. Prokhorkin had some good looks as well.

Schumacher struggled a bit with the drills. Has a low panic threshold. Weal was slower than I remember, but a bit more filled out. Toffoli and Andreoff stayed a while after practice to work on power skating with Darryl Evans.

Will write up more once I can get my laptop going tonight.
Thanks KP, look forward to your camp write ups every summer.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:03 PM
  #86
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
KP, do you know if the afternoon session starts at 3:15 or 3:40? I saw that the original schedule said 3:15, but Hammond posted 3:40 earlier today.
I'm working under the assumption it's 3:15, since I haven't heard otherwise from anyone directly. Plus I'd rather be too early than too late

Short answer though is I don't know for certain. Sorry :/

Edit: and thanks Mr. I I look forward to doing it. Are you stopping by TSC within the next couple days? It would be nice to see you


Last edited by King'sPawn: 07-07-2012 at 03:08 PM.
King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
  #87
losingsand
Registered User
 
losingsand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pasadena, ca
Posts: 478
vCash: 500
started at 3:15 yesterday. think hammond is wrong.. feels like he's not really covering dev camp very well this year.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:17 PM
  #88
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
started at 3:15 yesterday. think hammond is wrong.. feels like he's not really covering dev camp very well this year.
He never does. Btw, thanks for the write yesterday.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
  #89
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I'm working under the assumption it's 3:15, since I haven't heard otherwise from anyone directly. Plus I'd rather be too early than too late

Short answer though is I don't know for certain. Sorry :/

Edit: and thanks Mr. I I look forward to doing it. Are you stopping by TSC within the next couple days? It would be nice to see you
Thanks. I'll just plan on 3:15. Do they have a list of player numbers available around the rink? I know some of the older prospects, but I want to be able to distinguish the newer ones.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
  #90
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 7,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Thanks. I'll just plan on 3:15. Do they have a list of player numbers available around the rink? I know some of the older prospects, but I want to be able to distinguish the newer ones.
I was handed a list by someone nice enough to grab me a copy. They did print a roster but I don't know where the copies were left.

Mayorsmanor.com has an updated roster that has the numbers. Otherwise I'll write out a couple extra ones and you can grab a copy from me, just to be sure.

Edit: just checked. They have rosters printed out in the "Guest Services" right when you enter TSC


Last edited by King'sPawn: 07-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
  #91
Jwm1986
Registered User
 
Jwm1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
Anyone taking any video? I would love to see some of our prospects participating in drills...Especially the ones we just drafted since i haven't seen much of them yet....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:09 PM
  #92
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
One of Hammonds readers put some good dev camp photos up.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/07/07...t-camp-photos/
A lot of the players have some sort of gray/clear wrap around there heel of their skates. Does anybody know what it is?



johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:18 PM
  #93
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 1,659
vCash: 500
Looks like it might be this.
http://www.shotblockers.com/

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
  #94
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
I was handed a list by someone nice enough to grab me a copy. They did print a roster but I don't know where the copies were left.

Mayorsmanor.com has an updated roster that has the numbers. Otherwise I'll write out a couple extra ones and you can grab a copy from me, just to be sure.

Edit: just checked. They have rosters printed out in the "Guest Services" right when you enter TSC
Awesome thanks for info!

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
  #95
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
That's not good. Vey and Deslauriers collided on a drill and Vey went to the locker room favoring his knee.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:23 PM
  #96
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,602
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
A lot of the players have some sort of gray/clear wrap around there heel of their skates. Does anybody know what it is?
It is just a new piece of protection gear meant to protect the foot. Some players wear it, I think Doughty has worn it before. Obviously the prospects are extra cautious because they have going all out trying to impress, but also don't want to get injured and jeopardize their upcoming season.

On a side note, I really like Berube's mask.

__________________

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:32 PM
  #97
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
On a side note, I really like Berube's mask.


Looks like he's got the Manchester Lion Logo on the Front ... guess we know who Jones' backup will be for the Monarchs or at least he's hoping his ECHL days are over.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:59 PM
  #98
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 25,602
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I have to admit, I am a little disappointed that the scouting report, at least at the moment, for Ebert seems accurate. Hopefully he can develop his decision making with us over the next few years and become the player he could be.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:15 PM
  #99
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post


Looks like he's got the Manchester Lion Logo on the Front ... guess we know who Jones' backup will be for the Monarchs or at least he's hoping his ECHL days are over.
You would think that would be the case with the departure of Zatkoff.

Now is it just me, but does that not look a lot like Bernier?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
  #100
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Looks like it might be this.
http://www.shotblockers.com/
that's exactly what they are. some guys are wearing them during actual games, most guys don't. you will see a lot of guys wearing them during practice though to prevent any busted bones and bruises that would cause them to miss games. the newer skates have less internal padding than older traditional boots. not to say the older style boots protect you much, they don't do much. you will also see guys using them after coming back from foot problems for that extra measure of protection.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.