HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf - next contracts

Old
07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Explain is below 60 points this season in the NHL then ? He's a bad character IMO.
If I am not mistaken only Perry and Selanne had more than 60 points. Team sucked hard this year.

Plus Getzlaf already explained his bad season(s). Last season he couldn't get any sleep at night due to the baby and the season prior to the last he had an ankle injury.

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:48 PM
L E A F S
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
6.7m 10 years for Getzlaf is my feeling and Perry will do something in the same ballpark.
Resigning both of those guys for under 7 is a steal... I highly doubt they sign for less than 7.5 a year.

Perry and Parise are very comparable, and Getzlaf is a franchise center.

L E A F S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:51 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
If I am not mistaken only Perry and Selanne had more than 60 points. Team sucked hard this year.

Plus Getzlaf already explained his bad season(s). Last season he couldn't get any sleep at night due to the baby and the season prior to the last he had an ankle injury.
Is that seriously an acceptable excuse? Is there a link to him saying that?

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
Is that seriously an acceptable excuse? Is there a link to him saying that?
I doubt he's said it outright but I know if I had a baby keeping me up at night, my work would suffer. Just because they're talented millionaires doesn't mean they're exempt from life problems.

Honestly, its not much different than the Kulemin/depression thing that Leafs fans have used to explain last season.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I would offer Perry 12 years $102million to come play for the Rangers. I would move whatever needs to be moved in order to fit both him and McDonagh when he hits RFA. If that means Gaborik, then so be it.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:56 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
I doubt he's said it outright but I know if I had a baby keeping me up at night, my work would suffer. Just because they're talented millionaires doesn't mean they're exempt from life problems.

Honestly, its not much different than the Kulemin/depression thing that Leafs fans have used to explain last season.
There's a HUGE difference. You're being paid 5+ million dollars. Sound proof a room. Hire nanny. Do something.

When it's a psychological problem, yeah, you can't do anything about it. When it's an environmental problem - you most definitely can and should.

Old
07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I would offer Perry 12 years $102million to come play for the Rangers. I would move whatever needs to be moved in order to fit both him and McDonagh when he hits RFA. If that means Gaborik, then so be it.
Perry would be the king of NYR. Well after the King Lundqvist ofc . Perry would fit in so ****ing good with our style of play. I like Gaborik, great scorer. But Perry is the complete package.

Don't see that happening though, but you can always dream .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
There's a HUGE difference. You're being paid 5+ million dollars. Sound proof a room. Hire nanny. Do something.

When it's a psychological problem, yeah, you can't do anything about it. When it's an environmental problem - you most definitely can and should.
His newborn was ill.

There's a reason why no one, from the coaching staff to the management is blaming him for the lack of sleep he had. Our team isn't run by monsters.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 07-07-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Double negative
Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:01 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
His newborn was ill.

There's a reason why no one, from the coaching staff to the management isn't blaming him for the lack of sleep he had. Our team isn't run by monsters.
Well okay, that makes a huge difference as well. I didn't know the kid was ill. Where is all this information coming from? Does any one have a link so I can stop making assumptions.

Old
07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Well okay, that makes a huge difference as well. I didn't know the kid was ill. Where is all this information coming from? Does any one have a link so I can stop making assumptions.
Boudreau alluded to it in an interview at the end of the season. He didn't say who it was, but Getzlaf was the one with the newborn. Then Getzlaf mentioned it at the Select-A-Seat event. I don't have the links around, but that should help you search for it.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
His newborn was ill.

There's a reason why no one, from the coaching staff to the management isn't blaming him for the lack of sleep he had. Our team isn't run by monsters.

Too bad Pierre McGuirre isn't your GM then .

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:12 PM
mstad101

If Perry hits UFA I would have no problem sending him an offer of 104 million 13 years. Max out the signing bonuses the first two years to make it more enticing.

8 per cap hit for a Hart trophy winner before he hits 30. Sure sign me up.

mstad101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:30 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
One thing I am sure will be included in the new CBA is the signing bonus no longer being allowed, and the length/tapering contract.

Smaller revenue teams cant compete with those types of contracts. the CBA is intended to make the league an even playing field....right now it is not.

Obi Wan LaRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
n3ss

I would cream my self 8 times over if Getzlaf went to freeagency and signed with washington, or got traded to washington at the deadline.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I would hope the Avs basically hand over a blank check to Perry. He is almost tailor made for the current Avs, and the current Avs' needs.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Then Getzlaf should be prepared to take a lot less money than he can get as a UFA, because his performance over the last 3 seasons doesn't warrant a big raise from the Ducks.
Aside from the past season you aren't satisified with what he's done point wise?

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Count me in dude. Perry is one guy you jump through hoops to get here no matter what.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:54 PM
number72

Getzlaf decline and excuses reminds of Gomez and Choochoo.
He needs to stop the decline and start moving his points total in the right direction

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Jerkini

If was I Brian Burke, i would make both of these guys the highest paid players in hockey. Without hesitation.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by L E A F S View Post
Resigning both of those guys for under 7 is a steal... I highly doubt they sign for less than 7.5 a year.

Perry and Parise are very comparable, and Getzlaf is a franchise center.
I'd take Perry over Parise any day of the week. He's a better goal scorer and his size and physicality make him way more desireable when the time and space become less during the playoffs.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Esq.

Either of these guys would fit in perfectly in Philadelphia. Big, tough, offensively gifted...slightly obnoxious (Perry, mostly).

However, I think that Anaheim will do everything in their power to retain both guys, and I think they will both sign nearly identical contracts - probably 8-10 years at $7.5M per year. I think they will be re-signed before the trade deadline rolls around, particularly of the Ducks are in the playoff hunt.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Getzlaf probably needs a change of scenary, based on his play the last couple of years, he is not worth anything north of 6 million, but someone will overpay.
Getzlaf is a year removed from putting up 76 points in 67 games (a 93 point pace). This time last year he was regarded as a top 5-10 centre in the NHL.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Don't like Getzlaf at all. His point totals are inconsistent. And he seems lazy/arrogant. He was out partying every 2nd day at the Worlds. I know you guys don't consider it to be the biggest tournament but still. If you can't be professional with ur national team I don't want u on my NHL team.
He was seen out at a bar once while he was at the worlds, when he didn't have a game the next day. How is that the same as partying every 2nd day?

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:28 PM
FireEverybody*

Between the two they will be making 17-18 mega from the Leafs.

FireEverybody* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Ok everyone let's be fair.

We all cut up Getzlaf and Perry and share them equally, agreed?

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote