I really don't know much about Connelly so I have a few questions.
Where does he rank now in our D prospects?
Is he better than Falk or Prosser?
Why has he not gotten a shot at the NHL with those impressive numbers?
Why did his old team let him go?
Why did no one else sign him?
1. Fairly low, I would assume. He really is not a prospect at this point.
2. I can't say, not all that familiar with either player.
3. Small, weak and below average defensively are the primary reason's.
4. Fills an identical role to Clay Wilson, who outplayed him in his stint in Abbotsford.
5. I am sure a few teams were interested, however from an outside perspective it appears their might be an opportunity to get playing time in the NHL with the Wild.
He is a great AHL player that may work himself into a #6/7 role at the NHL level if injuries occur.
RFAs (5) : MacIntyre, Palmer, Genoway, MacMillan and Palmieri
Europe (2) : Gustafsson and Krupp
So they are currently at 44 contracts with 5 RFAs that they intend to sign. The projected number of 49 is correct. Almond and Endras don't count. Jonas Brodin only counts if he plays 10 games or more for the Wild (that would bring Minnesota to the limit).
Originally Posted by Paul Bunyan
Nice. I do wonder how many guys the Solar Bears will end up getting in the E, Houston sounds stacked, and with a back up at the NHL level, it looks like the AHL level might have that same issue, and they may get some quality guys down there to develop.
Judging by their depth chart, Mike Brodeur and Sean Lorenz (both have AHL contracts with Houston) will likely get send down. Maybe one of Caron and/or Jobke could also end up in Orlando.
Forgive me if I didn't understand but does this mean Palmieri is SOL? I don't think he's been offered one yet.
he was qualified and is part of the 49 count, he has not yet signed and indications are he is going to be going to arbitration. honestly i think he's a bust and we got fleeced side ways on Zidlicky deal, but its ok because now we have Parise