HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers don’t expect to re-sign Prust (Signs with Habs 4yrs $10m)

Old
07-07-2012, 02:33 AM
nyrfan1026

vCash: 500
Hey guys, don't forget to toss all your Prust apparel on the ice when Montreal comes to MSG! (December 12th)

Maybe we can even be real cool and organize chants to express our anger towards Brandy-poo deserting us

That ****er lied to us, he's tots dead to me now! He was conspiring to go to the Habs the entire time and played the entire postseason with one foot out the door.

Overrated, overpaid, I hope Montreal goes 0-82 next season. That'll really show Brandon.

nyrfan1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan1026 View Post
Hey guys, don't forget to toss all your Prust apparel on the ice when Montreal comes to MSG! (December 12th)

Maybe we can even be real cool and organize chants to express our anger towards Brandy-poo deserting us

That ****er lied to us, he's tots dead to me now! He was conspiring to go to the Habs the entire time and played the entire postseason with one foot out the door.

Overrated, overpaid, I hope Montreal goes 0-82 next season. That'll really show Brandon.
Someone visited the Devils board recently.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:16 AM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:

This just may be the most confounding case of whether or not this is sarcasm I have ever encountered.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:29 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Well, see, there's the difference. I care. Prust did a damn good job, an endeared himself to me with his play.

Additionally, I couldn't care less about contracts. As it stands to me, Prust will always be more of a Ranger than Asham.

Some of us root for players not simply because we want to see a Rangers sweater win. Personally, I want to see certain players win. The ones who work hard, play the game right, deserve it. It's why I was so thrilled to see a Rangers team with the right mentality, a team I wanted to see win for the names on the back as much as the names on the front. We booted Avery, Wolski, Rozi, EC, all the players who didn't fit our idea of a hockey team.

I think we took a step backwards.
I've been wactching the rangers for a very long time and I happen to agree with you. Prust is a guy who was happy for the team around him. He was a pro, and dedicated to his team first and foremost. I can't doubt the services of asham but what Prust brought to the rangers you can't quantify, you just feel it.

Now, if the rangers get a top scorer, a lot of that dissipates IMO. If that scorer is legit.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

You forgot the part about hoping that a MTL player who's a bad driver gives him a ride.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Does this change if I remind you of him rearranging Rinaldo's face?
No. Brandon Prust left on bad terms. I don't like him anymore. For all I care Rinaldo can rearrange Prusts face now. Prust = Colton Orr.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:48 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

You also forgot that time our trolls went over to the Habs board to tell them Prust was overrated, then us throwing a hissy fit when they come to our forum to respond.

Damn Habs fans...

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Absolutely not. Prust at 2.5 for 4 years is an albatross.

Prust got paid. I'm glad. I'm also glad we didn't pay him.
I agree with you that 2.5 for 4 years was a little much for him. I wood have gone 3 yrs for 6.5 or so but it appears that Prust's heart was in Montreal. I wish him the best of luck and there is absolutely no reason to be angry with a guy who left it all on the ice for us while he was here!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:39 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
I don't post as much as I used to so I'm not sure about a few things I've been reading here and there.

But did Prust really leave on bad terms? Or are people just being over emotional.

I saw he tweeted thanks to the Rangers fan the other day...

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
I don't post as much as I used to so I'm not sure about a few things I've been reading here and there.

But did Prust really leave on bad terms? Or are people just being over emotional.

He felt Sather was lowballing him and was pissed that someone in the front office leaked the negotiations to the media.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:

he asked for too much money then blamed the management on him leaving. people don't like the money subject very much... see dubinsky and drury. prust didn't earn 2m and was asking for more (reportedly). not something to win him our hearts.

either way good for him he made a lot more money than anybody here would've been comfortable paying him and he's in another city where he wanted to be in. (probably even more than nyr with that 10 of his up there )

i loved the guy's minutes here, no ill feelings, but montreal has to deal with that salary now. maybe he's just there to take some heat off of gomez.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:44 PM
NJRangers35

Quote:

For people to be mad at Prust, it would be just pointless. According to reports the Rangers offered 3 years $6 million. That is one year shorter and $4 million less. $4 million is a lot of money who was making $900,000 last year. Add that with the type of game Prust plays he very well could be out of the league in 4 years and this could be his last contract. He is also from Canada and his very hot gf is from Montreal and works there. No reason at all to be mad at Prust.

NJRangers35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Thanks for the responses...I figured it was something like that.

Guy played his ass off here and went to make more money...nothing wrong with that!

dtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:23 PM
M Gaz
Drink to me

If you're offended by Prust leaving, you're too sensitive. The guy works his tail off. While Montreal definitely gave him too much, he still deserves a nice payday. I'm not holding a grudge against the guy. Besides, isn't the main goal in this world to get paid? lol

Just felt I needed to share that

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
If you're offended by Prust leaving, you're too sensitive. The guy works his tail off. While Montreal definitely gave him too much, he still deserves a nice payday. I'm not holding a grudge against the guy. Besides, isn't the main goal in this world to get paid? lol

Please logic reason and good business sense have no place in this thread. I find the irrational fans posting to be pretty hilarious though. It's like the biggest decision any of them have made in their life is whether to buy pureed peas or pureed carrots, since they can't chew solid food.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post

you're confusing paid and l***

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:14 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Can't wait until April rolls around on the effect of Prust leaving is so bad we miss the pl....

Give me a break. This guy is easily replaceable. I like heart and soul players as much as the next guy but it's a business and the next guy will fill the void easily because it isn't a void that's hard to fill. Prust didn't score 30 goals, we'll be fine. Won't even notice he's gone.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote