HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Parse...

Old
07-07-2012, 03:51 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Scott Parse...

I was reviewing some video footage I shot at the rally and realized Scott Parse was at the rally event as part of the team. (Wish I knew how to upload vids...I'll have to try this weekend.)

Anyways, what do you guys think happens to him?

It's obvious now we have enough money to sign him even if we do make a trade or sign a UFA as the most expensive guy would be Semin and no way we give him 8 mil, lol.

Do you guys think we should re-sign him, let him go...does he go somewhere else like Patrick Mullen or should we get him and play him in the AHL full time?

Thoughts?

- R
.><.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:50 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

And the exit is that way Mr. Parse.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:20 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
If he's willing to go to the AHL, then maybe but as it is right now, we've got 14+ forwards ahead of him.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I'm guessing since he's a free agent that he's currently shopping around for a one-way contract. If he can't get one of those he'll either go to Europe or sign a two-way deal somewhere, possibly the Kings, and try to win a roster spot or work his way up from the AHL.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Do any of you guys actually want him back? I keep hearing about this "high end skill" he has and I wonder about it. Maybe if he goes to a place that has a killer 1st line center but the rest of the team is crap, like TBL or NYI, he turns into a point getter who isn't much else?

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:02 AM
rajuabju

He can play in the AHL for us, or he can go to another team's AHL partner.

He's no different than guys we've had in the past like Tukonen.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Scottkmlps

Honestly, where would he fit in? Brown, Penner, Gagne, King, Clifford & Richardson as left wings. He doesn't fit anywhere. He needs a year in the AHL to get his game back. He's played a total of 14 games in the last 2 years.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
He actually really does have a high skill level, but just has been really injury prone. I would consider another 1 year contract if his injuries were really completely healed, but I don't know for sure, is he waiver exempt? If so, then definitely, if not then probably not. I can easily see him joining another team and becoming another Moulson/Purcell though. Lombardi wasn't lying about his talent level. When healthy, the kid can fly, has good vision, and excellent hands. His stats are fantastic with us and he could still be seen as a potential top 6 forward. He has been nearly .5 PPG while being a +19 for us when healthy playing in the NHL.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:44 AM
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner

He should be gone. And I'd really be surprised if he can get a one-way NHL contract with any organ-eye-zation. Perhaps a 2-way deal so he can be the "veteran" presence in Manchester? Best of luck to Scott.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 10:58 AM
johnjm22

I wish we could keep him around. I'd rather have on the roster than Westgarth.

Realistically though, I don't see where he fits in here. I could see him ending up in Detroit.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He actually really does have a high skill level, but just has been really injury prone. I would consider another 1 year contract if his injuries were really completely healed, but I don't know for sure, is he waiver exempt? If so, then definitely, if not then probably not. I can easily see him joining another team and becoming another Moulson/Purcell though. Lombardi wasn't lying about his talent level. When healthy, the kid can fly, has good vision, and excellent hands. His stats are fantastic with us and he could still be seen as a potential top 6 forward. He has been nearly .5 PPG while being a +19 for us when healthy playing in the NHL.
Yeah, he definitely has the skill level, just no room for him. He isn't going to bump anyone on the Kings roster, even if he was to switch to right wing. He would still be behind Williams, Carter, Lewis, and Nolan.
It's a shame, I could see him being a 20-20 player. He had 11-13 in 59 games when he was healthy, so 20-20 definitely isn't out of the question.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:17 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

He's been shelved for the last 2 years with a hip injury. I'm much more concerned about his persistent injury than others who were considered "injury prone" like Williams, who had a myriad of injuries in different places. If his bionic hip holds up, he's got the skill set to be a NHL Top-6 forward.

If I were him, I'd seriously consider sitting out a year to strengthen up his weak area and make sure everything is OK.

driller1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 11:34 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Parse adds valuable depth if the Kings can find a way to hang onto him, but you can't keep every player and there likely is an NHL team that can use him if he can stay healthy.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

He should retire if he wants to live a normal healthy life. Hip problems are no joke.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:02 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Would be happy if he started the season in Manchester on a 1 year two-way deal for anything under 1mil.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Wooty

You would really want a player like him to be able to show his talent so he can make the Kings or so that you can trade him where he can play and return something. His injuries make it tough (like everyone has said) and are his liability.

Are his injuries considered just the way he is (genetic I guess) or just constant misfortune that are really poor luck? Can he overcome them to be 100%?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

I don't think he'll be another Moulson, but I could see him going somewhere and playing a bottom 6 role and chipping in 15 goals a season. He can really fire the puck, always has been going back to his college days, but its staying healthy that has really hurt his career.

And if he does turn into a Moulson, we can honestly look at our current roster and have no regrets or second thoughts. Not like with Moulson where he was passed over in favor of guys like Purcell, Moller, Smyth and Richardson. There is just no room for Parse.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

He did much more for the Kings than Tukonen ever did, c'mon now.

He's an NHL player but the injuries have led him to losing any spot he may have had with this team. I would be stoked if he stayed here as he would be a great depth forward but don't see it happening. Even if no other team will give him a one-way contract, it makes sense to sign a two-way with a team that doesn't have as much competition at forward.

With that being said, no way Gagne stays healthy all year so it would be nice to have a depth scorer of Parse's caliber in the event Doan doesn't happen. If Doan is signed, I would be willing to move Gagne for picks/prospects. Weak FA market this summer so a team may be willing to part with something decent for Gagne at $3.5MM.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Jwm1986

We should definitely re-sign him....

I still don't know why we didn't re-up Patrick Mullen....He came out of nowhere to have a really nice season in Manchester last year....I hate seeing other teams picking our talent away....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
We should definitely re-sign him....

I still don't know why we didn't re-up Patrick Mullen....He came out of nowhere to have a really nice season in Manchester last year....I hate seeing other teams picking our talent away....
Who knows if it was even our decision. For all we know, he communicated to management that he was leaving because of the stacked depth we had at the position and went to another contender who was weaker in the position. He was never going to beat out anyone on the roster, and he still has like 2-3 other prospect defensemen above him on the depth charter. After Martinez-Scuderi, we still have Drewiske on the roster who has earned a spot till traded or contract expiration, and then we have Hickey and Muzzin, who are both NHL ready. Not a whole lot he could do.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
If I'm Parse, I'd join Holloway and Moller and head for the SEL.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post

Comparing Parse to Tukonen shows the fact you don't know what you're talking about.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:31 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Telos has totally changed my thinking on this. Prior, I was on the just let him walk mindset. Now, I'm not so sure. In the past, we NEEDED him to be a top 6 forward. Our fortunes rode on it. We don't need him to be a difference maker. Wouldn't it be something if he surprised us? Like King down the stretch. I don't think it would cause any harm to hold onto him for 1 more year. Especially with Gagne (and his health) and Penner both with 1 year left under contract. What if he goes all Justin Williams and stays healthy? Unless you're convinced King can play 2nd line LW long term, we have a bunch of short term solutions at that position on the roster. Either way, I doubt the Kings keep Parse and he honestly should give it a go elsewhere.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Scott Parse...

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Unfortunately, I can't find the "tweet" but one of the hockey people (or one of the L.A. Times writers) said he wouldn't be back, implying the Kings were not going to resign him.

As I said, I can't find the tweet. Twitter sucks in regards to search capabilities.

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote