HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VII: It's Still Only July Edition

View Poll Results: What should the Rangers do with their two 2013 3rd round picks?
Trade both picks 15 36.59%
Trade one pick, but keep the other 10 24.39%
Hang on to both picks 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
  #751
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
You guys think it will be concluded Today or Monday?
its getting there but it isnt that close yet

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
  #752
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
dubi step 1st...not thrilled but its much better than it was
That's a no go for me. Trade AA not stepan.

RGY is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
  #753
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
The poll question is sorta weird since we don't even know what's going to happen in the upcoming season. If we're contenders, of course you look into moving one of the picks for a depth roster player.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:31 PM
  #754
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
  #755
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.
Two more days on Doan, looks like he'll be leaving PHX though. Just doesn't seem like the residents want to pay more tax.

As far as Nash being a Jacket next year, while possible I'm going to list it at a 5-10% chance. I really don't think he'll be too happy if that happens, I think most everyone involved minus Howson wants him moved before then. They want to sell the new team to the fans, without Nash.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:35 PM
  #756
sexton11
Registered User
 
sexton11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.
I kinda get the feeling Howson trades Nash just before Doan said he would take offers (the 9th I believe?) for fear of us getting him. That would totally destroy his leverage with any other team, with us out of it.

sexton11 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:39 PM
  #757
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
That's a no go for me. Trade AA not stepan.
its only a no go for me because of steps position. if nash was a center or step was a winger id say deal but since we wouldnt be left with a legit #2 center i would replace step with boyle/hags + other picks or a prospect

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
  #758
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.
howsons finally coming down to earth with his demands. step dubi 1st is fine based on skill but we would have a gaping hole at 2nd line C and nash cant fix that

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
  #759
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Nevermind, forgot about Kreider -- no Doan in that case


Last edited by MisterUnspoken: 07-07-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
MisterUnspoken is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
  #760
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,358
vCash: 500
If Howson wants Stepan their is no way he would get Dubinsky too. That would be too much to give up. If Stepan goes, we dont not give up another roster player or our top prospects.

Stepan and a 1st for Nash.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Pyatt
Rupp-Boyle-Asham

We can resign Del Zotto and Stralman. And we will still have enough cap space to add a vet blueliner.

Nash playing with Dubi and Cally can work. They will be going up against 2nd pair defenseman.

If it doesn't you can trade Dubi for more of a natural 2nd line center at the trade deadline.

XLJ is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
  #761
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
If Howson wants Stepan their is no way he would get Dubinsky too. That would be too much to give up. If Stepan goes we dont not give up another roster player or our top prospects.

Stepan and a 1st for Nash.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Pyatt
Rupp-Boyle-Asham

We can resign Del Zotto and Stralman. And we will still have enough cap space to add a vet blueliner.

Nash playing with Dubi and Cally can work. They will be going up against 2nd pair defenseman.

If it doesn't you can trade Dubi for more of a natural 2nd line center at the trade deadline.
cap hell?

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
  #762
sexton11
Registered User
 
sexton11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
its only a no go for me because of steps position. if nash was a center or step was a winger id say deal but since we wouldnt be left with a legit #2 center i would replace step with boyle/hags + other picks or a prospect
This is 100% correct. Thats the thing people need to realize, it isnt about player's value vs player's value here, its about player's value relative to the team vs player's value.

sexton11 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:51 PM
  #763
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If that is the deal, I won't be that upset.
Who do we replace our 2nd line center hole with?

Jabroni is online now  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
  #764
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
This is 100% correct. Thats the thing people need to realize, it isnt about player's value vs player's value here, its about player's value relative to the team vs player's value.
thanks for agreeing. im trying to explain to the guys on the main boards but they just say something like "nash>stepan"

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
  #765
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Who do we replace our 2nd line center hole with?
thats the biggest problem, not replacing the skill but filling the position

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:54 PM
  #766
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
thats the biggest problem, not replacing the skill but filling the position
yeah because stepan has no skill...

RGY is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
  #767
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
When it comes to roster players with any sort of value, I'd be willing to part with 2 of Dubinsky, Hagelin, and Anisimov for Nash.

Personally, I find it a bit disconcerting that so many people are willing to now include Stepan in the deal. What this team lacks, more than anything else, is creativity. Richards and Stepan are the only two forwards on the roster that display any creativity whatsoever on a semi-regular basis. The whole point in acquiring Nash would be to provide more weapons to a solid 1-2 combination down the middle. If you trade Stepan, you're just opening up another gaping hole to fill an existing one. It doesnt make sense.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
  #768
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally comfortable with Anisimov as the 2nd line center. I actually think he'd play very well with Nash and Callahan. Those two might open up the space he needs to get his shot off.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:58 PM
  #769
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
yeah because stepan has no skill...
nash brings back more skill than dubi and stepan together problem is that hes not a center

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
  #770
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally comfortable with Anisimov as the 2nd line center. I actually think he'd play very well with Nash and Callahan. Those two might open up the space he needs to get his shot off.
i love AA he may be my favorite ranger but he is a little shaky and torts would kill him if he messed up once...then brian ****ing boyle is our #2

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:02 PM
  #771
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
i love AA he may be my favorite ranger but he is a little shaky and torts would kill him if he messed up once...then brian ****ing boyle is our #2
Well Torts has used AA in pretty much every situation already, I don't think he'll **** himself if he messes up here or there. Anisimov is shaky? Just as shaky as Stepan... Those two are somewhat comparable in terms of all around game, with the edge in offensive skill to Stepan. It's not like we're comparing Gretzky and Gomez.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
  #772
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
nash brings back more skill than dubi and stepan together problem is that hes not a center
Nash doesnt bring back the type of skill that Stepan has shown in flashes as a 21 year old.

Its completely unfair to put the word "skill" under one umbrella.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  #773
nyr5186
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally comfortable with Anisimov as the 2nd line center. I actually think he'd play very well with Nash and Callahan. Those two might open up the space he needs to get his shot off.
I don't think it would be the end of the world either. Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik was our top line for much of last season. He is capable of being a defensive center on a top 2 line, as long as he has offensive weapons around him (which he would if he was playing with Nash and Callahan)

nyr5186 is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
  #774
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Well Torts has used AA in pretty much every situation already, I don't think he'll **** himself if he messes up here or there. Anisimov is shaky? Just as shaky as Stepan... Those two are somewhat comparable in terms of all around game, with the edge in offensive skill to Stepan. It's not like we're comparing Gretzky and Gomez.
step is american tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Nash doesnt bring back the type of skill that Stepan has shown in flashes as a 21 year old.

Its completely unfair to put the word "skill" under one umbrella.
nash>step you cant even argue it

Dactyl is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
  #775
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
I don't think it would be the end of the world either. Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik was our top line for much of last season. He is capable of being a defensive center on a top 2 line, as long as he has offensive weapons around him (which he would if he was playing with Nash and Callahan)
im not completely against it but i would much rather have step

Dactyl is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.