HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy Part VII: It's Still Only July Edition

View Poll Results: What should the Rangers do with their two 2013 3rd round picks?
Trade both picks 15 36.59%
Trade one pick, but keep the other 10 24.39%
Hang on to both picks 16 39.02%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Dactyl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
You guys think it will be concluded Today or Monday?
its getting there but it isnt that close yet

Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
dubi step 1st...not thrilled but its much better than it was
That's a no go for me. Trade AA not stepan.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
The poll question is sorta weird since we don't even know what's going to happen in the upcoming season. If we're contenders, of course you look into moving one of the picks for a depth roster player.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Considering that Howson seems to be stubborn, and has been proven wrong about the demand for Nash changing.

I would assume he might be "Digging in." Nash could very be a Blue Jacket come Oct. Its not out of the realm of possibility, and its looking more likely each passing day.

Start crossing your fingers for Doan, the wait for that to start moving is FAR less time.
Two more days on Doan, looks like he'll be leaving PHX though. Just doesn't seem like the residents want to pay more tax.

As far as Nash being a Jacket next year, while possible I'm going to list it at a 5-10% chance. I really don't think he'll be too happy if that happens, I think most everyone involved minus Howson wants him moved before then. They want to sell the new team to the fans, without Nash.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:35 PM
sexton11

Quote:

I kinda get the feeling Howson trades Nash just before Doan said he would take offers (the 9th I believe?) for fear of us getting him. That would totally destroy his leverage with any other team, with us out of it.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
That's a no go for me. Trade AA not stepan.
its only a no go for me because of steps position. if nash was a center or step was a winger id say deal but since we wouldnt be left with a legit #2 center i would replace step with boyle/hags + other picks or a prospect

Old
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Dactyl

Quote:

howsons finally coming down to earth with his demands. step dubi 1st is fine based on skill but we would have a gaping hole at 2nd line C and nash cant fix that

Old
07-07-2012, 05:41 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Nevermind, forgot about Kreider -- no Doan in that case

Last edited by MisterUnspoken: 07-07-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
Old
07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
XLJ

If Howson wants Stepan their is no way he would get Dubinsky too. That would be too much to give up. If Stepan goes, we dont not give up another roster player or our top prospects.

Stepan and a 1st for Nash.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Pyatt
Rupp-Boyle-Asham

We can resign Del Zotto and Stralman. And we will still have enough cap space to add a vet blueliner.

Nash playing with Dubi and Cally can work. They will be going up against 2nd pair defenseman.

If it doesn't you can trade Dubi for more of a natural 2nd line center at the trade deadline.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
If Howson wants Stepan their is no way he would get Dubinsky too. That would be too much to give up. If Stepan goes we dont not give up another roster player or our top prospects.

Stepan and a 1st for Nash.

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Nash-Dubinsky-Callahan
Hagelin-Anisimov-Pyatt
Rupp-Boyle-Asham

We can resign Del Zotto and Stralman. And we will still have enough cap space to add a vet blueliner.

Nash playing with Dubi and Cally can work. They will be going up against 2nd pair defenseman.

If it doesn't you can trade Dubi for more of a natural 2nd line center at the trade deadline.
cap hell?

Old
07-07-2012, 05:45 PM
sexton11

Quote:
its only a no go for me because of steps position. if nash was a center or step was a winger id say deal but since we wouldnt be left with a legit #2 center i would replace step with boyle/hags + other picks or a prospect
This is 100% correct. Thats the thing people need to realize, it isnt about player's value vs player's value here, its about player's value relative to the team vs player's value.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
If that is the deal, I won't be that upset.
Who do we replace our 2nd line center hole with?

Old
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
This is 100% correct. Thats the thing people need to realize, it isnt about player's value vs player's value here, its about player's value relative to the team vs player's value.
thanks for agreeing. im trying to explain to the guys on the main boards but they just say something like "nash>stepan"

Old
07-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Who do we replace our 2nd line center hole with?
thats the biggest problem, not replacing the skill but filling the position

Old
07-07-2012, 05:54 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
thats the biggest problem, not replacing the skill but filling the position
yeah because stepan has no skill...

Old
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

When it comes to roster players with any sort of value, I'd be willing to part with 2 of Dubinsky, Hagelin, and Anisimov for Nash.

Personally, I find it a bit disconcerting that so many people are willing to now include Stepan in the deal. What this team lacks, more than anything else, is creativity. Richards and Stepan are the only two forwards on the roster that display any creativity whatsoever on a semi-regular basis. The whole point in acquiring Nash would be to provide more weapons to a solid 1-2 combination down the middle. If you trade Stepan, you're just opening up another gaping hole to fill an existing one. It doesnt make sense.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally comfortable with Anisimov as the 2nd line center. I actually think he'd play very well with Nash and Callahan. Those two might open up the space he needs to get his shot off.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
yeah because stepan has no skill...
nash brings back more skill than dubi and stepan together problem is that hes not a center

Old
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I am totally comfortable with Anisimov as the 2nd line center. I actually think he'd play very well with Nash and Callahan. Those two might open up the space he needs to get his shot off.
i love AA he may be my favorite ranger but he is a little shaky and torts would kill him if he messed up once...then brian ****ing boyle is our #2

Old
07-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
i love AA he may be my favorite ranger but he is a little shaky and torts would kill him if he messed up once...then brian ****ing boyle is our #2
Well Torts has used AA in pretty much every situation already, I don't think he'll **** himself if he messes up here or there. Anisimov is shaky? Just as shaky as Stepan... Those two are somewhat comparable in terms of all around game, with the edge in offensive skill to Stepan. It's not like we're comparing Gretzky and Gomez.

Old
07-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
nash brings back more skill than dubi and stepan together problem is that hes not a center
Nash doesnt bring back the type of skill that Stepan has shown in flashes as a 21 year old.

Its completely unfair to put the word "skill" under one umbrella.

Old
07-07-2012, 06:04 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
I don't think it would be the end of the world either. Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik was our top line for much of last season. He is capable of being a defensive center on a top 2 line, as long as he has offensive weapons around him (which he would if he was playing with Nash and Callahan)

Old
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Well Torts has used AA in pretty much every situation already, I don't think he'll **** himself if he messes up here or there. Anisimov is shaky? Just as shaky as Stepan... Those two are somewhat comparable in terms of all around game, with the edge in offensive skill to Stepan. It's not like we're comparing Gretzky and Gomez.
step is american tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Nash doesnt bring back the type of skill that Stepan has shown in flashes as a 21 year old.

Its completely unfair to put the word "skill" under one umbrella.
nash>step you cant even argue it

Old
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
I don't think it would be the end of the world either. Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik was our top line for much of last season. He is capable of being a defensive center on a top 2 line, as long as he has offensive weapons around him (which he would if he was playing with Nash and Callahan)
im not completely against it but i would much rather have step

Closed Thread