HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[OTT/CBJ] Nick Foligno for Marc Methot Part II

Old
07-07-2012, 04:21 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 500
[OTT/CBJ] Nick Foligno for Marc Methot Part II

Old thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1221663

Continue here.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:48 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Foligno scores 50 next year, Methot gains 30lbs after becoming addicted to beavertails and goes -38. Book it.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Foligno was a 1st rounder, Methot was a 3rd rounder. This trade is horribly one sided. Murray should have gotten, uh, at least three Methots for Foligno.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
EpicNeilTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Foligno was a 1st rounder, Methot was a 3rd rounder. This trade is horribly one sided. Murray should have gotten, uh, at least three Methots for Foligno.
Alfredsson was drafted in the 6th round, Hugh Jessiman was drafted in the 1st round. That means if a trade happened we would trade 6 Alfie's for one Hugh Jessiman. Yeah value depends on draft position... Not actual skill.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:09 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Alfredsson was drafted in the 6th round, Hugh Jessiman was drafted in the 1st round. That means if a trade happened we would trade 6 Alfie's for one Hugh Jessiman. Yeah value depends on draft position... Not actual skill.
Jesus H.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

His weather segment on CTV wasn't even funny

Lyndon Slewidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Wow, it's got a second thread?!

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Welcome to the offseason.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Sens Mile

Loving Methot already

Marc Methot ‏@MarcMethot3
At a wedding in Ottawa....should I spike his drink? #keepinmyenemiescloser http://pic.twitter.com/CJswavo2

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:14 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

^ That is awesome.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Xspyrit

Guys... let me tell you that unreasonably stubborn people with very little logic are very hard to convince. I know what I'm talking about, I have been 5 years with one

Quote:
19sens11

And who is slotted to play 4th line LW? Smith? O'Brien? Greening/Foligno could have played there. There's also no proof that Silfverberg is ready for top 9 duties, let alone top 6 where he is slotted now.

Condra is also slotted in the top 12 forwards. Silf could play RW if he was gone, and bingo, there's a LW spot open. trent has mentioned this countless times, home grown 47 point scorers have been rare, how they could give one up so easily...

Who cares about the 4th line? lol so many players could fill that hole

And if you don't want Silfverberg on the 2nd line, no problem but may I remind you that Colin freaking Greening played on our first line all season last year... I'll even put both Silfverberg and Zibanejad on the 4th line to keep you happy

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
Latendresse-Turris-Alfredsson
Regin-Smith-Neil
Silfverberg-O'Brien-Zibanejad
Condra/Butler

Even if Silfverberg/Zibanejad totally bust or are not ready (which would surprise me), you have guys like Hoffman, Da Costa, Petersson, Grant, Dzyurdinsky... waiting for an opportunity in Bingo

Heck, a rebuilding team could even afford to play Hugh Jessiman on their 4th line for a few games... Who cares?

What we should really care and that is KEY for us, SENS FANS, is the development of our young players, not to keep Filip Kuba instead of having Marc Methot, because he'll have more assists at the end of the season (I believe Methot can be as good as Kuba defensively, if not better. Certainly more physical, which will help Karlsson a bit)

Quote:
I probably wouldn't have traded any of those guys for Methot, certainly not Greening or Smith.

You are really one of a kind. People keep spreading irrefutable arguments but you keep spewing the same baseless non-sense...

If you wouldn't trade Condra or O'Brien (good 4th liners) for Methot, you are seriously delusional or severely underrating Methot.

Quote:
The hole never needed to happen - should have re-signed Kuba before trading for Methot.
we are a REBUILDING TEAM, we DON'T WANT TO KEEP FILIP KUBA WHO IS SOON 36 Y/O...

Quote:
I'm done lol, my views are are clear.
No your views aren't clear at all... Maybe you are young so my advice is that you read a bit and learn like we all did (well like some of us did)

You keep repeating that Methot was and was going to be Columbus 6th/7th D-man, that he COULDN'T earn ice-time.

A simple 30 secs research on NHL.com makes me able to come up with some FACTS for you (I hope your teachers tell you that facts are more important than people's opinions)

- Methot was 5th in ice-time per game among Columbus D-men, but that's including Jack Johnson who was acquired in the later part of the season, so Methot was more their 4th before Johnson (they paid Carter for him)

- Methot was 4th in ice-time per game at ES (EVEN STRENGHT) among Columbus D-men, but that's again including Jack Johnson, so Methot was more their 3rd before Johnson

- He played 19 seconds less per game at ES than their #2 D-man, Fedor Tyutin

You know why? Because Methot doesn't play PP

You're not even able to understand simple facts/stats and you're second guessing real professionals? My forehead hurts from facepalming

Quote:
MightyManked

Here's my chance to remind you that you never actually respond to what I say and just spit out the same hogwash time after time without listening to what I say.
Ok, so I'm not alone...

Last edited by Xspyrit: 07-07-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:30 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

Remember, this thread is to discuss the Foligno/Methot deal, not to make proposals.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Lol, so I don't know about anyone else, but for me this thread has gone from somewhat reasonable, to ridiculously infuriating, to incredibly annoying, to absolutely hilarious.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
Methot was a 6th rounder actually funily in what is considered the best draft ever by loads of experts.

This far in methot's career his draft position is irrelevant. He'll be good for us for a long time. Not superstar good but good none the less.

I don't know what you guys expect. We never outright steal trades.... ever, so get over it. The experts say it's a decent move I for one will move on with my summer and party and worry about methot if (and that's IF) he actually sucks which none of us will know till the season actually starts.

Do you guys not anything better to do? Me I'm waiting for a pizza to get made before the big UFC fight tonight and have to kill 20 till it's ready. How do you have so much time to repeat he same things?

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Derian Hatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Lol, so I don't know about anyone else, but for me this thread has gone from somewhat reasonable, to ridiculously infuriating, to incredibly annoying, to absolutely hilarious.
Funny Enough. This quote also describes how I felt about Nick Foligno as a player.

Derian Hatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:02 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Loving Methot already

At a wedding in Ottawa....should I spike his drink? #keepinmyenemiescloser http://pic.twitter.com/CJswavo2

Who dresses Phaneuf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derian Hatcher View Post
Funny Enough. This quote also describes how I felt about Nick Foligno as a player.
Nailed it.

/thread

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Foligno scores 50 next year, Methot gains 30lbs after becoming addicted to beavertails and goes -38. Book it.
He is from Ottawa, born and raised. Beaver tails are not new to him.

OT Reese beaver tails are responcible for diabetes

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:20 PM
wjhl2009fan

Powdered Toast Man
No its not that one sided sure maybe the Jackets got a bit better of the deal time will tell.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:22 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Powdered Toast Man
No its not that one sided sure maybe the Jackets got a bit better of the deal time will tell.
Dude...

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Who dresses Phaneuf?

Nailed it.

/thread
Probably the girl next door.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

Im hoping Methot only looks bad because he played on the worst team in the NHL as a defensive defenseman, like Phillips 2 seasons ago.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Loving Methot already

Not the only wedding today:

Robin Lehner ‏@RobinLehner

Lehner and hagelin is getting ready for king k wedding!!

http://twitter.com/RobinLehner/statu...914752/photo/1

Stefan G:son‏@steffeG

Congratulations to Erik Karlsson and his Therese on their wedding day! ‪#Sens‬

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:29 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Not the only wedding today:

Robin Lehner ‏@RobinLehner

Lehner and hagelin is getting ready for king k wedding!!

http://twitter.com/RobinLehner/statu...914752/photo/1

Stefan G:son‏@steffeG

Congratulations to Erik Karlsson and his Therese on their wedding day! ‪#Sens‬
yep, that happened.
https://p.twimg.com/AxPLh5oCIAEytua.jpg:large

apparently mike komisarek was getting married today. That might be where dion and methot were.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Lyndon Slewidge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derian Hatcher View Post
This was a great post

Lyndon Slewidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2012, 08:39 PM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Roffler View Post
Im hoping Methot only looks bad because he played on the worst team in the NHL as a defensive defenseman, like Phillips 2 seasons ago.
It's funny that you mention Phillips, because after reading and hearing about Methot's skill set over and over again, I couldn't help but be reminded of Big Rig's game. Can anyone clarify this? Or perhaps a little like A-train (minus the open ice hits)? Not so much offensive upside, but a solid all around player/defender who plays a physical game?

When I first heard about the Foligno trade, I must admit I was kind of crusty. I figured Nicky had more value than that and I may have uttered the words, "bah, Murray you senile *******, you just got bleepin' hosed!". But before I reacted further, I realized that I didn't know squat about Methot, other than he was a local boy, so I'm waiting until I see the kid play before I pass judgement.

I watch a lot of hockey, but I'd rather be kicked in the groin repeatedly than watch a Blue Jackets game; especially last year. Other than Antoine, there's no reason to tune in. As a result, I have no idea what kind of player we're getting in Methot, which is kind of unusual for me. Has anyone seen Methot play a lot? Can you compare him to another player? I'm just curious if we landed another defensive beast on the backend?

Last edited by SixthSens: 07-07-2012 at 09:26 PM. Reason: let the filter do its job
The Flower is offline   Reply With Quote